AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 113 Rating
Perfect 10 50 45.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 25.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.83%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-08, 01:31   Link #521
Aimless
Insufficiently Inebriated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I'm afraid though that Teresa will be one of them ...
One of the things I've seen over and over, and that I don't understand, is this fixation everyone seems to have on Teresa "coming back." Either it's her zombiefied corpse returning, or Clare "awakening" into Teresa, or the ghosts going on a quest for the seven dragon balls and wishing for Teresa's return. It's all wish-fulfillment nonsense.

Teresa is already back. Her name is Clare.

One of the few shonen tropes that Yagi has been consistent with throughout Claymore is the successor becoming and then surpassing the master. All of Clare's development has been in this format, even when we didn't know it. Furthermore, it appears that whenever the Prissy-Clare-blob storyline is resolved, Clare will have finally obtained Teresa-like power, or at least something close to it. She'll have need, because that event should presage the final showdown with Prissy.

Thus, there's no purpose to be served by the return of Corpseresa. I could, maybe, see such a storyline if Yagi were in need of an ultimate villain; however, he's not, and even in some alternate reality where Corpseresa were to be said ultimate villain he would not have waited until this late stage in the story to introduce her.
Old 2011-03-08, 01:32   Link #522
BlackMagister

Well I was answering a story related criticism to Teresa coming back to life and should have made it clear that my answers were only addressing the issue with concern how the story is presented in that the only criticism seems to be it being corny or cheap.

Although to answer answer the point about Priscilla's arm not being sufficient to revive Teresa fully the same criticism could be applied to the other warriors (but this is about the possibility of Teresa's intelligence or personality being revived). To which I would say it could similar to jump starting an engine so even if Priscilla's energy is not enough to power three rank 1 warriors they would be able to use their own yoki once revived. Priscilla has never had a clearly defined power gap either so the amount of regular ABs needed for the same process may be unfeasible. I understand the point about Naruto which essentially just explained all the character revivals through magic, but Claymores posses regenerative abilities so who knows. Them being revived at all raises possibilities and unlike Naruto's spiritualism Claymore has not established a reason why it can't be a full revival. Of course the revival hasn't been fully explained and it could simply be due to some limitation, but the question is still out there. Both fantasy magic and science could revive the dead really.

Also of course you can't read Rubel's poker face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
Thus, there's no purpose to be served by the return of Corpseresa. I could, maybe, see such a storyline if Yagi were in need of an ultimate villain; however, he's not, and even in some alternate reality where Corpseresa were to be said ultimate villain, he would not have waited until this late stage in the story to introduce her.
Well it's not like the Destroyer seemed to serve a purpose either and wasn't needed further the story either so far it has complicated matters. Though Teresa reappearing would serve a purpose even if it is corny. It would be an emotional trial for Clare, possibly physical too and this is just for Clare, Priscilla will have an opinion too.

Although these warriors are being revived through Priscilla's yoki. So are they just being revived or also relying on her yoki in order to stay alive (not generating any yoki of their own). I acknowledge the possibility of both as self generation would be a step closer to a possible full revival, but if they are just relying on Priscilla's yoki I'm wondering if Priscilla could simply take away their yoki? I doubt this as yoki has never had a super natural feel just perverted science and then Isley should have been able to do the same to AFs.

Maybe it's not clear with the way I write, but I a lot of things I just like to raise the possibility of even if I wouldn't personally want them to happen. I think zombie Teresa could be an interesting encounter though I definitely do not want Teresa to have a full revival (become human) at least not more than mere moments (likely as she is dying).

Last edited by BlackMagister; 2011-03-08 at 01:56.
Old 2011-03-08, 03:19   Link #523
Vinak
Procrastinator

well....we could view the arm as some kind of claymore defibrillator.

the bodies could be on some kind of "life support"

The Yoki in the arm would be used to jump start resuscitate the bodies somehow.

Said bodies would then start to replenish their own yoki.
Old 2011-03-08, 05:59   Link #524
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

@Gooral

Quote:
I'm afraid though that Teresa will be one of them since Yagi for some time is doing the opposite I would like him to do :P. It's interesting though that Rubel didn't react in any way once he saw the bodies. If Teresa was one of them I would expect him to look more interested (although it was probably his poker face we were seeing). Although, since some of Teresa's part was donated to Clare they can't have "complete body" so maybe I'm worrying over nothing.
Technically speaking, Dae was talking about no physical defects... and I think the mentioning of Cassandra was a hint for us that all three of them had their physical bodies perfectly intact (or sewed up) at this point. So Teresa having a potion of her missing will certainly make her an unlikely candidate (though not impossible, as to say, who knows if Dae was so fascinated by her that he actually made a clone of her or something )
Old 2011-03-08, 07:50   Link #525
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
@Gooral
Technically speaking, Dae was talking about no physical defects... and I think the mentioning of Cassandra was a hint for us that all three of them had their physical bodies perfectly intact (or sewed up) at this point. So Teresa having a potion of her missing will certainly make her an unlikely candidate (though not impossible, as to say, who knows if Dae was so fascinated by her that he actually made a clone of her or something )
At least we know now one major reason for theresa to keep her powers hidden
Old 2011-03-08, 08:16   Link #526
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless
Clare will have finally obtained Teresa-like power, or at least something close to it
The way I see it, Claire has already received her gift from Teresa, which was her pre-emptive sight, nevermind Teresa being the main reason why she is now a warrior.

She's received all the gifts from her as a like; let Claire be her own from then on, rather then just a shadow of her, is what I say.
Old 2011-03-08, 08:56   Link #527
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
Everyone would know who is she because claymores don’t age, but teresa would not recognize anyone. Also she would have different personality, feelings etc because she would have different life experiences. Even if clare wanted to buy Teresa trust she would have to do differently. She could be a totally different person from was she was and I think clare would be very happy even if she doesn’t recognize her.
I agree that clare would be pissed off but only if she was bring as a zombie.
You said she'd get a different head, so she doesn't look the same then. Or do you think her head morphs into Teresa's to match the body? Or that Clare'd recognize her by her cupsize?
Old 2011-03-08, 09:04   Link #528
BlackMagister

I think rafael didn't mean to say Teresa would literally get a different head. What he said was talking about a personality change not a physical appearance change.
Old 2011-03-08, 09:27   Link #529
Ryuken
Claymore #01

I'm very much interested in this Casandra character. Miria of course returning was the ultimate pleasure and the reason why I gave a perfect ten for this chapter.
Old 2011-03-08, 11:50   Link #530
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

I'm wondering what the nickname Dust Eater will be about. Is she gonna inhale, then exhale Yoki beams or something?
Old 2011-03-08, 12:52   Link #531
BlackMagister

I think you're taking the nickname too literally even though you're not serious. A reason for the nickname could simply be her fighting style is extremely destructive and large clouds of dust result. Although maybe it's deliberate and she fights in dust clouds to throw her enemies off guard.

Teresa was a very powerful number 1 but her ability was about precision and hence her very plain nickname Teresa of Faint Smile. Judging by nicknames and simply for variety I think they will have a different focus such as overwhelming power, speed or swordsmanship. Imagine Miria vs another Rigardo type opponent.

No idea what Love and Hate could mean but clearly Three armed Licht is a Santoryu user
Though Oracle would imply an ability similar to what Teresa used which is odd, but these nicknames don't have to be ability based, personality and behavior could also be the reason. Like what the heck does "Letecia the Universal" mean.

Last edited by BlackMagister; 2011-03-08 at 13:08.
Old 2011-03-08, 13:44   Link #532
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagister View Post
I think rafael didn't mean to say Teresa would literally get a different head. What he said was talking about a personality change not a physical appearance change.
Yes this is what I wanted to say, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
who knows if Dae was so fascinated by her that he actually made a clone of her or something )
Dae is fashioned with power because he has all of his room with numbers 1 and wanted to pick miria body because of the destruction that he saw when arrived the org. that why I was saying that dae itself might choice as number 3 teresa( damage good so she can’t be the number 1). It makes sense from the org trying to get the most powerful number 1 they had. Now if it works or not, or this is going to piss of fans or not are different questions.

--//--
Love and hate can be understood like rafteala power to another level. Rafteal makes immobile their enemies but this one may actually control it like a doll. Well, just guessing
Old 2011-03-08, 15:30   Link #533
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Did a light skim of chapter 110, but couldn't find any dupe of this, so...

Fun with guessing the meanings of nicknames. Going through list of #1s listed in chapter #110.

Known:

Silver Isley - Shining knight, soldier, weaponmaster.

Empress Riful - Arrogant queen, all serve her; ironically labelled due to her combination of youth and power, and probably her general attitude towards others

Teresa of the Faint Smile - Never released yoki, and always fought with that faint smile on her face

Unknown, speculation:

Hysteria the Elegant - Highly acrobatic, to the point where combat is practically a dance.

Three-armed Richte - ?? - Not really sure. Perhaps actually grafted a third arm onto her and used some sort of two-sword technique, but that seems somehow inadequate for a #1.

Heavy Bladed Chloe - Extremely strong, and fought with an over-sized sword (ie: Guts/Berserk-type)

Oracle Cystina - Strategic genius; able to predict the flow of battle and the need for her presence on a grand scale; could have a job taken care of before her handler even delivered the orders

Roxanne of love-and-hate (who caused much trouble) - Emotional manipulations through words, actions and yoki manipulation; toying with everyone's feelings; could be seen as similar to Raftela, but with more particular control.

Lutecia the Universal - One who was both offensive and defensive at the same time; had the strength of an offensive and the regenerative abilities of a defensive.

Cassandra the Dust/Dirt Eater - see below

Cassandra: Want to note a couple points Dae made when talking about her. First is that her comrades were terrified of her. The instant she went over her limit, they all turned on her. The second is that it took her hours to die even after being chopped into pieces.

The second point I think points to the possibility that she might be one of the few (if not the only) defensive Claymores to reach the #1 spot. I know it was speculated on in past threads, but I don't recall if it was ever explicitly stated in the manga as to whether all #1s were offensive, simply due to the nature of the position. I'm inclined to think that hers is a case where a defensive warrior made it.

One might then consider that her nickname might come from the colloquialism of "eating dirt" -- that is, being knocked down/knocked out. However by virtue of being #1 it must also be clear that knocking her down once never actually gave you the win. Consider Deneve's current ability to rip her own arm off and immediately regrow it now. Now take that to the next level of allowing the opponent to beat you to a pulp, and then simply standing up to continue the fight.

If Cassandra's fellow-Claymores were terrified of her, it probably means she used that talent in disturbing ways, and also that if she ever did actually awaken she would be virtually unkillable (ie: Abyssal feeder level regeneration with actual guiding intelligence). "Disturbing" probably means that she gives absolutely no thought to her own defense, ignoring wounds that should be crippling or fatal. A "t'is only a flesh wound" approach to fighting, or perhaps the "zombie" approach.

Now, if I were to pick 3 of those as a set that would compliment each other in terms of power (that is, make a good complicated fight, and thus a good story), I would probably set Cassandra up with Roxanne and Chloe. One with offensive power out the wazoo (Chloe), one that you just can't kill (Cassandra), and one to screw with everyone's heads (Roxanne).

While Teresa's innate potential power will certainly outdo the rest, her actual fighting abilities were remarkably understated. She would have an emotional impact on the reader (and a couple people in the story), but I don't think she'd have a very strong impact on the fight that the story is likely to tell. Basically, it's too soon to bring Teresa out, if it's even a possibility.
Old 2011-03-08, 15:45   Link #534
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOfGray View Post
I'm wondering what the nickname Dust Eater will be about. Is she gonna inhale, then exhale Yoki beams or something?
Cassandra is probably gona be a S&M crossover of Baura from Bleach and the Duke of Everlue from Fairy Tail ....So she'll be able to swallow dust and spit it out again at the opponent and be able to kinda burrow into the ground and pop up again...oh and she'll be more bloody badass than those two ...

Spoiler for pics:

*ducks & runs after sprouting nonsense*
Old 2011-03-08, 16:38   Link #535
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

Yea, I was kinda joking on the Yoki blast(tried to give a 4 tails naruto type of thing). But those are all reasonable guesses.

My original prediction is already wrong since we are seeing Cassandra. I'm fairly sure Roxanne will be in it since they went to the trouble of going into more detail about her. Personally, I'd say going by Kinematics descriptions that I would not pick Chloe for my third if she is just really strong. She would still be cool if she was Guts styled. Universal and Oracle sound more dangerous.

Someone brought up "eating dirt." Immediatly I thought of the expression, "biting the dust." Dust eater may very well imply that she can't die easily.

Honestly though, I want to see Hysteria or Cystina.
Old 2011-03-08, 17:04   Link #536
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
Yes this is what I wanted to say, thanks.
Ok, then sorry I misunderstood what you meant, This does make more sense :P

Spoiler for Kinematics' Long Post:

I think your speculations on the unknown no. 1's are likely to come true, at least about their specialities. That combi you suggsted would be hell for the warriors and ghosts, but missing parts could easily throw a spanner in the works. It depends upo whether Yagi realizes the potential of this set-up.

It's a nice idea that Cassandra is "unkillable", has it ever been stated if Def-types can regenerate innards too? Maybe the disturbing part is her going Alucard (Hellsing) on them. She lets herself be cut to pieces/given a fatal wound, then calmly stands up after the opponent has given everything.

Now I'll release some speculation myself, based on your comment of it being "too soon" for Teresa's (possible) revival: Dae can't revive Teresa right now, because he doesn't have the head. Rubel's hidden it somewhere. BUT Rubel finds himself in dire need of a favor from Dae, so offers the head in return. (drifting of into even wilder specs now) Dae'll reveal that he knew all along that Rubel had the head, but never made it known to anyone because Rubel would never tell where it was if he did.

You all owe me cookies if I'm even remotely right (unless the only thing i got right was "Teresa's not revived")

Off-Topic: Thanks to you guys' encouraging (and discouraging as well :P) I've worked my way through Berserk. It's got a good story and I'll continue reading it, but it does go over-the-top sometimes... Seems like every supernatural being's a rapist

Now I'm seeing Chloe as a normal sized claymore with a Sword literally as big as Gutts' (Thanks for that rediculous image Kinematics :P)
Old 2011-03-08, 18:42   Link #537
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Roxanne's nickname makes me think she was the most powerful, but unpopular; that, like Teresa, she was a 'problem child' and couldn't mix well with others.
Old 2011-03-08, 20:02   Link #538
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Chapter 113, page 16. to the left of the warrior who is doing the narration. Is that Raftela ? Looks like her. Seems she's also part of the rebellion. Looks like her mind mucking of Miria mucked her own mind up too.
Old 2011-03-08, 21:50   Link #539
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Cassandra is probably gona be a S&M crossover of Baura from Bleach and the Duke of Everlue from Fairy Tail ....So she'll be able to swallow dust and spit it out again at the opponent and be able to kinda burrow into the ground and pop up again...oh and she'll be more bloody badass than those two ...

Spoiler for pics:

*ducks & runs after sprouting nonsense*
lol s N m? wonder if she also would be carring a whip then (along with her claymore of course )

- - - -

I agree to the point Kinematics was making. She sounds more like a defensive type with massive yoki for even her individual body fragments to have taken hours to die. This might be a result of her going over the limit (i.e. crossing the border to achieve super powers where even individual body parts can have its own unique yoki control and manifestations like Isley had with his arrows). This also makes me wonder when they revive her, would she be like HA warriors (similar to ghosts) or more like AB already as we don't know how far she went with her limit.
Old 2011-03-08, 22:13   Link #540
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
All I care about is how hawt these 3 Abyssal zombies gonna be?
Closed Thread