Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2012-08-05, 11:14   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Flash Plugin - on one site black screen

I have come with a very peculiar problem. I am at home right now, I have my own pc which is connected with the same ISP as the one downstairs. My mother likes to play mahjong on the site spelen.nl but lately told me she couldn't get the games to work there so I checked it out.
The game only starts after watching a 15 second long advert video or so and whenever the player loads you see the pause, timeline and fullscreen button but no video. It remains black and the timeline zips to the end and then does nothing.

So I check the usual, we use firefox so what I did is the following; disabling the addblock which failed, uninstalled the addblock restarted and reloaded the site; I saw all adds but the same video result. I kept the addblock uninstalled and reinstalled flash player; didn't work. I reinstalled an older version of flash player version 10.0; didn't work. I tried going to the same page with IE using the latest flash player and it didn't work. I removed all cookies; didn't work. I tried the hardware acceleration thing and it failed and even used the remove tool on the Flash website to make sure it was entirely clean to reinstall.

When I go the the site on my computer the video will load as normal, we use the same ISP, same version of firefox and flashplayer. That and both browsers; IE and FF seem to fail at loading the game. Is there anything else I can do? Youtube and such play fine, I'll try and see if other flash games are able to load and the worst thing is you can't contact the website owner for any errors or such nor have I been able to find comparing problems on google; all I find is either people who installed 2 versions or wrongly use their add block.

edit:

I tried loading other browser flash using games and they all work fine. I added some link for her to other mahjong playing sites to use but I still find it odd.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 13:39   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Does she accept cookies? Use Ghostery?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 17:06   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

The only addons I use on their pc with FF is Add Block Plus which I even uninstalled to see if it was maybe clashing, for the rest it is all standard settings. I don't change much on their system because if it asks for them to do things such as update etc. they sometimes don't know what to do and find it too complicated. I think it does accept cookies because nowhere did I see that option turned off.
Old 2012-08-06, 04:29   Link #4
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Have you tried clearing browser cache?
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 12:25   Link #5
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
Have you tried clearing browser cache?
Yes I have
Old 2012-08-08, 09:25   Link #6
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

I've checked it. I use google chrome stable lastest version, of course lastest flash, and adblock plus extension. It show me black screen video, so I guess there is problem. I disabled adblock ext and it turned to work fine.

Quote:
The game only starts after watching a 15 second long advert video or so and whenever the player loads you see the pause, timeline and fullscreen button but no video. It remains black and the timeline zips to the end and then does nothing.
The flash video you see is just the ads, and because it cannot loaded completely, you cant play the game.

I checked the game source too, it's the swf file reffer the link https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/g.../Mahjong_2.swf (but you would see blank page when clicking). May this site use some validate function through cookie and session.

If you use Internet by static IP address, so dont worry, ur IP range OK. Disabled all plugin that related adblock, source code content, js blocking, cookie, cache. Try it in chrome without any extension.
Old 2012-08-09, 10:54   Link #7
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

The thing is I knew it was due to the add not loading for some reason and you said it could be due to the add block. But I had removed all my extensions on Firefox including addblock as well as use IE which doesn't have anything installed with it and it still wouldn't load. And that is what I foudn extremely odd because on my own computer that is running the same addons it will load properly without even disabling anything and downstairs even with vanilla IE or FF it just refuses to. My mother simply uses a different site I provided, there are many of those said game sites so she isn't missing out on anything.
Old 2012-08-09, 13:19   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Maybe the site in question requires Java?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 00:34   Link #9
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Also one of the things I thought, but I had removed Javaa entirely so it would've given me a message if it did.
I guess this is one mystery that I am not going to be able to solve, it isn't that much of a big deal though.