AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-08-31, 13:21   Link #341
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
How could he be Shichibukai when he's never even been to the blue sea?
Being Shichibukai isn't a matter of strength anyway, just a contract with the government.
theoretically, you could be as strong as that "white pearl" guy or w/e he was called (sanji arc) and still be a shichibukai... as long as u have a large influence (like a F'ing ARMY)
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 16:39   Link #342
CrumCon

Want to read the manga, where should i start? ( haven seen anime till ep. 276

hello kaizokus

i want to read OP mangas, but i dont know from which chapters i should start.
i have watched all OP animes, up to Episode 276.

what chapters should i pick?

Yosh!... thanks!
CrumCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 16:46   Link #343
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
they start robin story after chapter 390
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 09:35   Link #344
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Need some help here

Well I think Im finally ready to get into One Piece...And I wish to know a few things

Which one should I go after first. The one piece manga or anime. Like how good is the anime to the manga. Or does the anime skip around more than the manga. Really I just want to know which one should I pick up with a reason why
Old 2006-09-25, 18:27   Link #345
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto
Well I think Im finally ready to get into One Piece...And I wish to know a few things

Which one should I go after first. The one piece manga or anime. Like how good is the anime to the manga. Or does the anime skip around more than the manga. Really I just want to know which one should I pick up with a reason why
Id go with the anime personally, i started off the same as you whereas i couldnt decide, but i found the anime much more exciting (colours, movement, voices = gives it more feeling - to me anyway).

So watch the anime, you most certainly won't regret it!

Ive spent the last 2 months watching episode 1 - 276, 'EDIT:4 of 4 specials ', 7 movies, and the dvd extras.

Im debating wether they were the best 2 months of my life

Last edited by Climhazard; 2006-09-26 at 19:36.
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 07:48   Link #346
regasatanum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard
Id go with the anime personally, i started off the same as you whereas i couldnt decide, but i found the anime much more exciting (colours, movement, voices = gives it more feeling - to me anyway).

So watch the anime, you most certainly won't regret it!

Ive spent the last 2 months watching episode 1 - 276, 3 of 4 specials, 7 movies, and the dvd extras.

Im debating wether they were the best 2 months of my life

yea i guess thats a good 2 months, i am rewatching the 2nd time from episode 1 til the skypiea arc now.
regasatanum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 15:14   Link #347
modamer jahim

hiii every one im a new fan of one piece so ^_^ the final episode i watch is 253 and stoped i will continue the episodes until the CP9 arc end , and can i ask a question : is the movie 7 that cool ???? i watch the movie 6 and was sooooooooo cooooolll

and thank you every one
modamer jahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 15:41   Link #348
S_C_L-1

^ movie 7 is IMO, the most important 1 to watch... cuz it explains something that isnt even in the manga.
Old 2006-10-02, 17:17   Link #349
CaptaaaaainUsopp
BraveWarrioroftheSea

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1
^ movie 7 is IMO, the most important 1 to watch... cuz it explains something that isnt even in the manga.

what does it explained? the explanation must be lost on me I've seen it 4 times.
CaptaaaaainUsopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 17:32   Link #350
tidus0728

^ He means how Luffy learned to use Gear 2nd.
tidus0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 17:38   Link #351
S_C_L-1

well, discovered it anyway... thus the whoal "theres something ive been wanting to try" just before getting to EL
Old 2006-10-02, 22:58   Link #352
airsBlue

actually movie 7 doesn't have anything to do with the manga or the anime (as story), even the way luffy learned gear 2nd and gear 3rd .. the way luffy learned gear 2rd was when he fought against Cp9 before he got defeated by rob lucci in water 7 (the way they use sora) he noticed how they move and when he was setting over the train he thought about the way to use it by imitating the sea train...

how he learned gear 3rd: well since he in order to use gear 2nd insert high pressure of air inside his blood vine in order to speed him self ... he thought that if he can insert blood inside his bones he can create strong armor and increase the power of his moves ...

anyway yeah movie 7 presented a way where luffy first used gear 2nd in battle by coincidence and in the theme songs they showed usopp creating nami's new weapon .. and chopped making a few more rumble balls ..
Old 2006-10-03, 01:17   Link #353
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue
actually movie 7 doesn't have anything to do with the manga or the anime (as story), even the way luffy learned gear 2nd and gear 3rd .. the way luffy learned gear 2rd was when he fought against Cp9 before he got defeated by rob lucci in water 7 (the way they use sora) he noticed how they move and when he was setting over the train he thought about the way to use it by imitating the sea train...

how he learned gear 3rd: well since he in order to use gear 2nd insert high pressure of air inside his blood vine in order to speed him self ... he thought that if he can insert blood inside his bones he can create strong armor and increase the power of his moves ...

anyway yeah movie 7 presented a way where luffy first used gear 2nd in battle by coincidence and in the theme songs they showed usopp creating nami's new weapon .. and chopped making a few more rumble balls ..

for one, in the manga/anime, they never mention what inspired him for 2nd gear. thus the movie.

secondly, 3rd gear is AIR, not blood. thats why he bites his thumb and blows AIR into the bones of his thumb...

<edit by Mod (xris): Insults are not welcome, comment deleted>

Last edited by xris; 2006-10-03 at 03:36.
Old 2006-10-03, 04:37   Link #354
airsBlue

Quote:
for one, in the manga/anime, they never mention what inspired him for 2nd gear. thus the movie.
do u remember when he first used against bluno or broun (forgot his name) that person commit about luffy trying to imitate train and don't u think the way gear 2nd work as mentioned bu lucci later .. look almost the same as how train with presure work ?

Quote:
secondly, 3rd gear is AIR, not blood. thats why he bites his thumb and blows AIR into the bones of his thumb...
sorry wrong word i actually wanted to say air but was half sleep and in hurry that i forget to see what i wrote .. sorry again
Old 2006-10-03, 12:11   Link #355
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue
do u remember when he first used against bluno or broun (forgot his name) that person commit about luffy trying to imitate train and don't u think the way gear 2nd work as mentioned bu lucci later .. look almost the same as how train with presure work ?
that was a comparison, not an explanation.
Old 2006-10-04, 20:01   Link #356
B17cH

Can someone here posted like a list of the highest authority in WG or marine? Who is the one most powerful in command etc?

Also i want to know where the 3 admiral stands? are they very influential?
B17cH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 21:44   Link #357
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by B17cH
Can someone here posted like a list of the highest authority in WG or marine? Who is the one most powerful in command etc?

Also i want to know where the 3 admiral stands? are they very influential?
The Gorosei (the five old men) are the heads of the world gov't

The marines which are under the world gov't break down with...

Fleet Adrmil- SenGoku
Adrmil - Ao kiji, Kizaru, Akainu (second most powerful men in the marines)
Vice Adrmil - such as those that head the buster call

and the rest of the ranks fall underneth there... i believe Oda did once list the full rank structure in an SBS...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 18:04   Link #358
tidus0728

^ Not to mention the Shichibukai and the unnamed King who comands them
tidus0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 21:06   Link #359
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus0728 View Post
^ Not to mention the Shichibukai and the unnamed King who comands them
someone commands the Shichibukai? thats the first ive heard.

On a side note i have a question, ive watched the anime upto ep 279 and im wondering if its a good idea to start reading the manga from that point or should i start the manga from the beggining for it to all make sense?
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 21:50   Link #360
Xelsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
someone commands the Shichibukai? thats the first ive heard.

On a side note i have a question, ive watched the anime upto ep 279 and im wondering if its a good idea to start reading the manga from that point or should i start the manga from the beggining for it to all make sense?
If you wanna start reading the manga, chapter 399 would be a good place to start for you, I think. If I remember correctly, the anime left out some of the manga in episode 278, and 278 is basically 399 in the manga. The manga is not very far away from the anime right now, though. That is probably why there are throwing in the recap episodes in the anime.
Xelsol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a