AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-04-11, 15:53   Link #741
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Akira needs love
Great job. Akira is so moe.

BTW your wording just make me think of this
Old 2007-04-11, 16:43   Link #742
Shana

I really like the series, Miyuki-chan is MO~E, so cute . The op is the mutanic form of Hare Hare Yukai .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
This avy have an little ojou-sama .
Old 2007-04-11, 17:58   Link #743
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
(Hey, those images look really clean. Which raw did you use?)
So far I only found one raw (on TT) and it's the same used for SF softsub (it's quite clean, I have to say, but it's 120 fps).

Other two for Konata&Kagami

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 18:15   Link #744
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I just saw a trailer for this, it could very well be the hidden gem of this season. the little blue hair girl is crazy, i love it.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 19:18   Link #745
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
a.f.k version is out...

hmmm wandering what's the difference between the s-f and a.f.k....

the lucky channel part is nice
Old 2007-04-11, 19:21   Link #746
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Excellent!

Of course, now I'm at a loss since all the good Akira scenes have been GIF-ified before I got to it.
(Hey, those images look really clean. Which raw did you use?)
I think is more about Pellissier's skill than anything else; Of course, a good source always helps.

Hmmm.. looks kinda stange.
Old 2007-04-11, 19:21   Link #747
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
I just saw a trailer for this, it could very well be the hidden gem of this season. the little blue hair girl is crazy, i love it.
I think you are a little late for the -hidden- part

BTW, afk version downloading.
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 19:23   Link #748
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Ooooooh! The avatar's are in place now. Wonder if I should change my avatar to something or other. Can't decide.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 20:03   Link #749
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
STOLEN!

Thanks in advance.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 20:13   Link #750
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Well since I usually recognize people's posts initially by avatar this is going to be really screwy for a few months. Please excuse me if I call anybody by somebody elses name for the next two weeks. This is why even though I swap avatar's frequently I try to make it as obscure and original as possible.

In fact now if I ever want to use a Lucky Star character in an avatar, by principle I'll have to go with one of the unpopular characters. As Eric Cartman once said: Screw You Guy's, Hate You Guy's!
Old 2007-04-11, 20:19   Link #751
tritoch

She's in the ~130cm height range that Kona 女
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 20:52   Link #752
Raniie

Quote:
Originally Posted by capture View Post
a.f.k version is out...

hmmm wandering what's the difference between the s-f and a.f.k....

the lucky channel part is nice
Well that's obvious.

Very good typesetting, translations, and timing. I can understand the karaoke is quite hard to time, since it's a really fast pace to slow pace song. Also, sometime the dialogues are spoken so quickly that, the subtitle can often time don't get enough screentime to read it. Overall, a.f.k. is doing another excellent release.
Raniie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 21:28   Link #753
cmage

I love the karaoke on a.f.k.'s release. At first I went at how fast it all went, but now I appreciate that they can make sense of what they're saying. The lyrics seem completely random, too, but I really hope a.f.k.'s are close to the actual ones. That level of randomness is too wonderful to not be real.
cmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 21:54   Link #754
JediNight
キズランダム

I tried making my own animated GIF of Kona eating the pastry, but I couldn't figure out a good part to loop. Thats a good job there.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 21:56   Link #755
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

yes..finally a.f.k releases the episode. have been waiting for this series for quite some time now. And what can i say, the OPENING sequence is simply kick ass. Loved how they made it like a Rap song, and the dance was very kakkoi. Characters are moe-overloaded. So i m not complaining. The episode starts out with quite a low pace comedy, but gradually starts becoming better, by the end i was having quite a bit of laughs. I m guessing this series wont be a laughter riot, but u will definitely have a smile on ur face throughout the episode.

So on a whole I will stick to the series and leave by saying

>.< "DARLING! DARLING! PLEASE"
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 22:46   Link #756
syniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Maybe because it's loli girls and their discussing about Otaku stuff that is not suitable for ages 10 below or 13 below.

Either way Iam 100% hooked!!! Haruhi has passed the troch to Kona-chan~~!!!
It went beyond my Japanese parsing ability for the most part, as well. .. but ironically I thought it was at it's funniest when the pace was at it's craziest. The street fighter fight scene was hysterical and I adore the OP.

As for the torch being passed.. I don't know; Haruhi has some totally huge shoes to fill
syniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 23:59   Link #757
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1.

First things first, that has got to be the greatest OP sequence ever. Seriously.

I enjoyed that. It's got that surreal nothing-happens type humour that Azumanga absolutely mastered and while, at this stage this isn't as good as that, it's not bad. I think Hidamari Sketch is the benchmark for this... if this manages to be as funny and enjoyable as that, then I'd consider this a wild success. Needless to say, that's a high benchmark.

But, I have my eye on the director. This is the first time since FMP:TSR that Ishihara isn't at the helm of a KyoAni project, and I think it's more than safe to say now that he has immense talent and a proven track record. Yamamoto Hiroshi doesn't (have a proven track record, that is). Obviously it's one thing to have KyoAni in charge of animation, and we all know that they have a near impeccable track record as far as that's concerned, but it's the director that has a greater control over the creative components of the project, and thus more of the responsibility lies with him, as far as pulling off a good or bad anime is concerned. Obviously, in 26 episodes time, we'll know for certain whether Yamamoto has the talent to make it happen here.

Should be good. Obviously this is one of those series that has a very limited appeal, but it appears to be right up my alley. I'd expect it to get better, but it certainly hasn't started badly.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 00:26   Link #758
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

The following is based on [a.f.k.]'s fansub.

Random Thoughts on Ep01:
---- ----
  • The OP is insane. I haven't had to apply speed-reading skills for some time now. Loving the lyrics.
  • Unsurprisingly, the food segment was a whole lot smoother once I actually understood what they were talking about. Scarily, for some of the conversation, I actually have had similar talks with my friends before; especially on the issue of various cooking methods.

"SALT!"
    "NO SALT!"
    *cue half-an-hour argument over the merits of adding salt*

(Yes folks, there ARE men who know how to cook and like to talk about it too)
  • Some of the transitions between conversation topics was a bit abrupt, but it can also be viewed as a realistic example of casual banter between friends which can wildly derail without a moment's notice.
  • Kagami is love. She is shaping up to be my favourite character in Lucky Star. Her remarks on the other girls are often a riot, and she is hilarious when she loses her composure, such as the time she screeched at Miyuki after the physical examination.
  • Lucky Channel remains my favourite part of the episode. For those who do not know yet, the male presenter is the VA of Taniguchi from "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu".
  • It has been mentioned before already, but I too imagined Akira taking out a smoke when she went into that guttural tone of voice.
  • I am hoping that Lucky Channel will continue, and that they use it as a platform to poke fun at the whole anime industry as a whole. Self-deprecating humour is wonderful when done right.
  • For those wondering about the song that Konata is singing in the ED...

Uchû Tetsujin Kyodain (1976)
ADD] Some Quotes:

Kagami: "Is this woman a Saint?! That would've never occured to me!"

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-12, 00:34   Link #759
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
  • Uchû Tetsujin Kyodain (1976)
Cheers.
You, my friend, get a cookie from me for the cheesy video! Just think if the Power Rangers were based off of this...

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 00:39   Link #760
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
The following is based on [a.f.k.]'s fansub.

Random Thoughts on Ep01:
---- ----
  • The OP is insane. I haven't had to apply speed-reading skills for some time now. Loving the lyrics.
  • Unsurprisingly, the food segment was a whole lot smoother once I actually understood what they were talking about. Scarily, for some of the conversation, I actually have had similar talks with my friends before; especially on the issue of various cooking methods.

"SALT!"
    "NO SALT!"
    *cue half-an-hour argument over the merits of adding salt*

(Yes folks, there ARE men who know how to cook and like to talk about it too)
  • Some of the transitions between conversation topics was a bit abrupt, but it can also be viewed as a realistic example of casual banter between friends which can wildly derail without a moment's notice.
  • Kagami is love. She is shaping up to be my favourite character in Lucky Star. Her remarks on the other girls are often a riot, and she is hilarious when she loses her composure, such as the time she screeched at Miyuki after the physical examination.
  • Lucky Channel remains my favourite part of the episode. For those who do not know yet, the male presenter is the VA of Taniguchi from "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu".
  • It has been mentioned before already, but I too imagined Akira taking out a smoke when she went into that guttural tone of voice.
  • I am hoping that Lucky Channel will continue, and that they use it as a platform to poke fun at the whole anime industry as a whole. Self-deprecating humour is wonderful when done right.
  • For those wondering about the song that Konata is singing in the ED...

Uchû Tetsujin Kyodain (1976)
ADD] Some Quotes:

Kagami: "Is this woman a Saint?! That would've never occured to me!"

Cheers.
Ah it's a 70's Metal Hero show eh. I hope she sings the opening to Uchu Senkan Yamato. This is honestly the first time I can remember since the Legend of The Galactic Heroes episode of Haruhi that anything Kyoto Animation has done can in any way be construed as manly. Kudos are in order to Kyoto Animation for finally trying to reach out to an area of the market that isn't affiliated soley with moe again. Well they won my vote for at least a little while as long as they keep up the nostalgic openings that's more than enough to offset any amount of moe that may get grating during the gags.

See it's not that hard to get me to like something, the companies just have to try and show they care, like they have been lately.

Let's get em started:

Saraba chikyuu yo tabidatsu fune wa
Uchuu senkan yamato
Uchuu no kanata Isukanderu e
Unmei seoi ima tobidatsu
Kanarazu koko e kaette kuruto
Te wo furu hito ni egao de kotae

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen