AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-08-12, 21:32   Link #821
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I wonder what sort of role the old scientist will play. He has only been shown in 3-4 panels throughout the entire series. I wonder if Arakawa is going to have some major revelation revolve around a previously unknown character.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 21:34   Link #822
GaimeGuy

imagine what he was like in his prime O_O
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 21:41   Link #823
ChronoReverse

I wonder why Greed doesn't armor up his entire body. He had an excuse the first time (not having enough time) but surely this time he has no excuse.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 21:43   Link #824
GaimeGuy

Maybe Greed has a little bit of "Pride" in him? :P
Old 2009-08-12, 21:47   Link #825
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I wonder what sort of role the old scientist will play. He has only been shown in 3-4 panels throughout the entire series. I wonder if Arakawa is going to have some major revelation revolve around a previously unknown character.
He seemed experienced in using the Philosopher's Stone. So one guess I can make on his role based off that is he could potentially be a back-up "candidate" if things go awry with one of their original sacrificial choices. Likely there's more to him than that tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
imagine what he was like in his prime O_O
Yeah I could only imagine...disgustingly OP
Karlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 21:52   Link #826
GaimeGuy

random guess: The old scientist is the real Pride. Just like Selim uses shadows, the child Selim Bradley is himself a shadow, a proxy form assumed by the old man, Pride :P

Or it's a fakeout. Scar will shout "Out of the way!" and kill him in one panel ala Basque Gran for comic relief
Old 2009-08-12, 23:25   Link #827
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
I wonder why Greed doesn't armor up his entire body. He had an excuse the first time (not having enough time) but surely this time he has no excuse.
Yeah, i wondered about that. The best I could think of is because Greed isn't in complete control, as there is still ling in there. Maybe if Greed fully armors up, it'll symbolize that Ling got absorbed into one of the many souls of Greed. Or something. Or it could be the pride thing. or something else.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 23:52   Link #828
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Yeah, i wondered about that. The best I could think of is because Greed isn't in complete control, as there is still ling in there. Maybe if Greed fully armors up, it'll symbolize that Ling got absorbed into one of the many souls of Greed. Or something. Or it could be the pride thing. or something else.
Flexibility. The main reason I can thing of is it might make you more stiff and if you are more of a speed or acrobatics fighter, it might make it much harder for you to fight. Anyway looks like it might be a grandpa fight coming up in the next chapter. I'm also wondering if there is going to be a major plot twist revolving around the gold tooth doctor like he just recently opened the gate or something thus giving meaning to the line "lets get this show on the road".

Anyway I'm going to absolutely rage if the anime gets another anime only ending. If the anime is 50 eps(which judging by the pace is most likely) then that means in order for the anime to have the manga ending, we're looking at 105-106 at maximum due to production time. I can only see them possibly pulling a Geass and releasing the final batch of episodes in a couple of months to let the manga finish. I do feel that alot of fears in regards to Brotherhood could easily be solved by Arakawa mentioning how many chapters she has in mind at this point, which I'm sure she does as any good writer in end game time has things planned out. I just hope Bones doesn't screw this up somehow.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 02:43   Link #829
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Well Greed did say that he didn't really like armoring himself up entirely, because he thought he looked ugly.

But aside from that he didn't armor up probably so that we know when he's in Lin mode and Greed mode. Just an artistic touch really, besides with Lin he can effectively dodge Bradley now unlike before.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 02:44   Link #830
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Just caught up to the manga must say its awesome
I'm going to bed now -_-'
Old 2009-08-13, 04:48   Link #831
Vicious108

Just read the chapter and though it wasn't as good as the past few ones (which is nothing to be ashamed of, since Arakawa has been on a roll of godly chapters), it was still pretty solid.

Buccaneer was pretty GAR there. Gotta wonder if he'll survive the wound or not.

And yeah I was expecting Ran Fan there too, but of course old man Fu has to play a part too. Ran Fan should be joining them soon anyways, so it'll be the three Xingese against Wrath, just like in the current Brotherhood OP.

The double page 9-10 was awesome btw, one of Arakawa's most well drawn and intense big panels.

Anyways, as for the old man who showed up at the end, I really have no idea what he's up to and what's gonna happen there. Wasn't expecting anyone like that to cross Ed's path at this point.

And it was good seeing Ed again. Now all we need is Al back, been too long.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 06:39   Link #832
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm glad that Denny and Ross finally had their reunion. That was pretty cute.
Old 2009-08-13, 09:15   Link #833
Starlight

Ahaha that was an awesome chapter.

Brosh's reaction when he saw Ross was priceless, as well as Ross' face on the panel below.

Greed vs Pride was awesome. Pride heartlessly slaughtered those men like a knife through butter. Greed and Pride's expressions were really amazing.

Lol, we see Ran Fan then she disappears for the chapter, and is replaced by Foo. I wonder what happened to her.

Glad to see Ed and Mustang arguing too, as usual!
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 10:27   Link #834
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
Greed vs Pride was awesome. Pride heartlessly slaughtered those men like a knife through butter. Greed and Pride's expressions were really amazing.
Still confused I see? It's Wrath, not Pride.^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
Brosh's reaction when he saw Ross was priceless, as well as Ross' face on the panel below.
Yeah, I love this pairing very much! Btw, is it just me or does Brosh's hairstyle look very much like Ed's (of course w/o the braid)? Recently I've been thinking of Ed whenever I see Brosh!
Old 2009-08-13, 11:44   Link #835
Starlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post

Yeah, I love this pairing very much! Btw, is it just me or does Brosh's hairstyle look very much like Ed's (of course w/o the braid)? Recently I've been thinking of Ed whenever I see Brosh!
Yes! I thought he was Ed I'm ashamed to say! I was like, what the hell Ed? Aren't you supposed to be with Mustang?

But my fears turned into laughter when I realised it was Brosh, well it was pretty obvious from the panel with him crying.

I think Ed needs to grow, it's been 98 chapters already!
Old 2009-08-13, 15:43   Link #836
ChronoReverse

He IS taller. He's taller than Winry now.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 15:55   Link #837
Starlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
He IS taller. He's taller than Winry now.
Meh, I've slept a lot since Winry appeared in the same panel as him.
Old 2009-08-13, 16:12   Link #838
Ziziphus
Whatever

Yeah, Ed has grown taller. There were some talks about his height a while back in this thread. Although I couldn't believe it at first, but I'm glad he's indeed taller!

My, I'm beginning to miss Ed already, been so long! I'm glad to see him back this chapter, hope to see more of him next month!
Old 2009-08-14, 11:20   Link #839
Sannom

Question : do you think the guy who tried to take command of the remaining Central forces is knowledgeable about the Homonculus and everything? If memory serves, he isn't one of the higher up, he is merely the former aide-de-camp of Bradley (he seems more competent than the other generals at least)...

I can't believe Ed & Co lost May and the chimeras. Couldn't they warn them that they were going back??? And I still laugh when I see Riza and Scar being all serious and ashamed of how stupid their teammate and superior can be
Sannom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 00:37   Link #840
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Fantastic chapter, Greed vs Wrath was awesome indeed. Looks like Father's plan is finally going to be executed in some way. All when everything seemed to be going according to Roy's plans.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote