AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-05, 11:56   Link #1521
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ryo View Post
Just my personal opinion. Strike Witches had a great story but I honestly doubt the inclusion of sex would affect the story in a good way.
Not so sure about that one. IMHO the Strike Witches novels are definitely superior to the anime as far as story/plot goes, and, er... well...

...let's just say that the novels don't leave quite as much to subtext as the anime does. And I think this is actually a good thing, since it helps develop a number of the characters in ways we'd be unlikely to see otherwise, and ends up being fairly integral to the plot in the later volumes.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 02:53   Link #1522
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Send a message via AIM to Lord Ryo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Not so sure about that one. IMHO the Strike Witches novels are definitely superior to the anime as far as story/plot goes, and, er... well...

...let's just say that the novels don't leave quite as much to subtext as the anime does. And I think this is actually a good thing, since it helps develop a number of the characters in ways we'd be unlikely to see otherwise, and ends up being fairly integral to the plot in the later volumes.
I haven't actually read the light novels myself so I'm strickly going by the manga and anime, mostly the anime since I haven't even finished reading the manga either. So I'll have to take your word on that one.
Lord Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 01:42   Link #1523
Krubone

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Some translations, of the himegoe CD that was included with the LE DVD1. It has the characters answering some questions, and also saying some Windows sound lines and some other lines. Here's Perrine's versions, translated.

Spoiler:

Tracks 1-49 in DVD 1 were Mio, but she's kinda boring. DVD 2 will probably have Lynette and Barkhorn. DVD 3 will probably have Sanya and Shirley?/Eila? Well, I can imagine the fanservice tracks will be popular for Sanya...
Did you translate that? Any chance that the rest of them are translated too?
Krubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 13:16   Link #1524
einhorn303

It's a shame, seems the translation of the light novels has stalled. Seems there hasn't been an update in, what...one month? Two months?

That should really get translated before anything else.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 17:08   Link #1525
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
It's a shame, seems the translation of the light novels has stalled. Seems there hasn't been an update in, what...one month? Two months?

That should really get translated before anything else.
I updated it a few days ago actually . Not much, but some.

I translated a part of Sakamoto's version a while back.

Spoiler:

Last edited by selkirk; 2009-01-10 at 17:20.
selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 09:04   Link #1526
Icarisain
Shizuru Supporter #43

Send a message via MSN to Icarisain
About the himegoe tracks - DVD 2's were Lynette and Barkhorn; DVD 3's Shirley and Lucchini; and DVD 4's the commander and Hartmann. DVD 5, which will be out soon iirc, will be Eila and Sanya.

Personal favorite was Hartmann, because it gave her character development almost on par with episode 7 xDDD
Icarisain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 17:38   Link #1527
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Awesomeness demands to be posted:

God I love Beurling.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 22:19   Link #1528
Midonin
Last Engage

I am extremely excited, for a set of five character song CDs have been announced for release between March 18th and April 15th, and will cover the entire 501st. In order:

CD 1 - Yoshika and Mio
CD 2 - Sanya and Eila
CD 3 - Mina, Barkhorn and Hartmann
CD 4 - Lynette and Perinne
CD 5 - Charlotte and Francesca
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 01:13   Link #1529
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I am extremely excited, for a set of five character song CDs have been announced for release between March 18th and April 15th, and will cover the entire 501st. In order:

CD 1 - Yoshika and Mio
CD 2 - Sanya and Eila
CD 3 - Mina, Barkhorn and Hartmann
CD 4 - Lynette and Perinne
CD 5 - Charlotte and Francesca
One problem is that most of the VAs can't really sing <_<.
Also, 2500 yen each? Gah .

Otome no Maki (501st side novel) book 2 comes out March 1st as well. The official fanbook that was recently released seems to have some short stories as well, which I might translate. Haven't gotten my copy yet, though it should be arriving today. (And I accidentally bought 2 )
Old 2009-01-17, 12:24   Link #1530
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Send a message via AIM to Lord Ryo
I would LOVE to get those CDs! I would like to collect as much Strike Witches merchandise as I can, I really love the anime. I tried to order the official fanbook that was recently released but it was all sold out by the time I got any extra cash. T_T So I'll be forced to go to ebay and try my luck there, I've had nothing but VERY bad luck with ebay, in fact I've only successfully bought from there once, everything else turned out to be a scam or extremely bad communication from the seller.
Lord Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 14:16   Link #1531
Krubone

Just received my fanbook! It's nice, lots of pictures and everything. Definitely worth the money. There's some short stories and a bunch of character bios and history.
Krubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 04:32   Link #1532
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Oh and just one thing though, it's Shirley, not Charley XD
- I think "Charley" is more accurate, seeing that her name is "Charlotte". And yes, I know that "Shirley" is the official pronounciation, but most people wonder where she got the nickname. Write it in Katakana, I think they sound the same...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 11:58   Link #1533
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

The last C75 sw doujinshi ( Witches no Panties by Takotsuboya) is spectacular, Full Metal Jacket parody + kamikaze. This guy is a genius.

Spoiler for Cover:
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 14:03   Link #1534
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
The last C75 sw doujinshi ( Witches no Panties by Takotsuboya) is spectacular, Full Metal Jacket parody + kamikaze. This guy is a genius.

Spoiler for Cover:

Epic.
Old 2009-01-27, 14:44   Link #1535
Davyd

AHahah ! XD

Nice!!

"Wear your grudge like a crown of negativity. Calculate what you will or will not tolerate. Desperate to control all and everything. Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen." (The grudge, Tool)
Davyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 07:10   Link #1536
einhorn303

I sure hope that S2 is announced before Battlestar Galactica ends its airing run. I've gotten used to this "watch a favorite show religiously every Friday" ritual that Strike Witches started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- I think "Charley" is more accurate, seeing that her name is "Charlotte". And yes, I know that "Shirley" is the official pronounciation, but most people wonder where she got the nickname. Write it in Katakana, I think they sound the same...
I agree that Charley makes more sense, but I'd like to point out that in some screencaps you can actually see "Shirley" written down. (Somewhere in ep 5, I believe) I already checked this with the BOST folks.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 01:17   Link #1537
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
I agree that Charley makes more sense, but I'd like to point out that in some screencaps you can actually see "Shirley" written down. (Somewhere in ep 5, I believe) I already checked this with the BOST folks.
- I think I -did- mention that I know Shirley was the official pronunciation?

Oh, BTW: Humikane has started doing some new artwork for the manga/light novel characters, as well as for some characters previously only illustrated in poster/spread format. The two most recent ones (As of Feb 3) are Junko Takei (from the 2nd Manga) and Tomoko Anabuki from the light novel. People who've heard of the other characters will probably love this, though the fans of the TV series may be a bit confused.

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/humikane/e-wacs/

FYI: scroll down to the bottom and meet Lynette's elder sister (Wilma). She's actually...pretty hot. ^_^

Last edited by wavehawk; 2009-02-06 at 01:52.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 04:56   Link #1538
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*nod nod* But I already knew that. :3 Canadian cutie scores high on my list.

By the way, what does the Japanese description next to her portrait on the new art say?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 20:38   Link #1539
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Well I finially finished up watching all 12 eps and reading through 80% of this thread (yes I actually read through it all, very interesting read with all the info about the rl ppl/planes the charaters were based on plus all the other info) and well I'm glad I decided on a whim to watch this series^^ I already new about the fanservices coming into it from pictures .. etc so it was easy to get over it after the first couple eps and focus on the story, battles which were really good^^

I really hope we get a S2^^ I rly loved the show and characters (their just so darn cute)
Old 2009-02-08, 16:47   Link #1540
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
lately the artist/author of the series have been releasing lots of new arts of characters from the manga etc. maybe the activity is a sign that there is some work going on in the background :P
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, bost tv, gonzo, kemonomimi, mecha, mecha musume