AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-23, 02:43   Link #101
Sumeragi
Banned

I ask that you gentlemen keep your hands from my ships.
Old 2013-10-23, 03:11   Link #102
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Dont worry, you can keep Naka-chan...
Old 2013-10-23, 04:15   Link #103
Sumeragi
Banned

Old 2013-10-23, 05:33   Link #104
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Kantai Collection is likely the only other series in recent memory (the other one being Arpeggio) where I can say "Symmetrical Docking" with a straight face, and people will agree fits with the series.
Say this with me :

I am going to do a physical hand-eye check on all critical parts of Ikazuchi and Inazuma. After that, I will do an all-hands-on-deck for Akagi and Kaga!

Since the naval terms are confusing, I will help you out by giving you a visual demonstration of how it is done.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-10-23 at 05:44. Reason: Spelling Error - Sorry!
Old 2013-10-23, 08:22   Link #105
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I ask that you gentlemen keep your hands from my ships.
Hime-sama transformed! H-have I understimated the powers of Kaga and Akagi? And speaking of understimating, that image of yours has shown me the inmense potential of the kantai girls for giantess fetish. Impressive...

Sir, your ships are the ones trying to dock with each other, sir!

@Saintess
The puns have only just begun... and give it up, Kaga ain't letting that happen.

Hm, when you think symmetrical docking, Atago and Takao come to mind, but Inazuma and Ikazuchi could pull it off too.

Edit:
Well, it seems the Akatsuki sisters are getting their own manga. Boy, do I look forward to Saintess' reaction.

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2013-10-24 at 23:30.
Old 2013-11-02, 04:10   Link #106
EroKing

Images
Nyantype
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-11-02, 06:26   Link #107
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wait, Chitose and Chiyoda get a Nyantype slot, but the Kongou sisters don't? Whaaaaat?
Old 2013-11-02, 20:43   Link #108
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I'm so happy I now have a monitor that can view almost that entire huge pic without scrolling. And I see now that Tenryuu is one of those cool girls who end up attracting a yuri harem.
Old 2013-11-02, 21:22   Link #109
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I swear the image didn't look so big when I downloaded it

True that about Tenryuu, but then she also gets embarassed easily which makes her adorable. The full package.
Old 2013-11-02, 21:24   Link #110
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I'm so happy I now have a monitor that can view almost that entire huge pic without scrolling. And I see now that Tenryuu is one of those cool girls who end up attracting a yuri harem.
Tenryuu is one of only two girls who uses the hypermasculine "ore" to refer to herself (the other one is Kiso), and what's more, she introduces herself in what amounts to "Are you scared of me?"

Ironically, it's Tatsuta one has to watch out for.
Old 2013-11-04, 00:42   Link #111
Miraluka
Banned

I wonder if Kancolle in anime would work. You know, it would feel like Im@s without Producer, Admiral in this case.
Old 2013-11-04, 00:59   Link #112
Ridwan

^That's a good question.
Old 2013-11-04, 03:22   Link #113
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I wonder if Kancolle in anime would work. You know, it would feel like Im@s without Producer, Admiral in this case.
I'm pretty sure there'd be people who will say that it would; better that way in fact (that's not going to be me saying it).

I don't really touch the game (partly because I can't, even though there's a way to get to it I don't really feel like taking my time for that at all) but looking at it I perceive the... ships' characters are designed to really want the Admiral's attention and quite a portion of their in-game lines are directed towards the Admiral (the player... that's obvious).

Then again there's no stopping the producers of this upcoming show from just omitting the Admiral element altogether to focus all attention on the ship girls (Perhaps it'll be most agreeable to a lot of people too, but I prefer to digress.).

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2013-11-04 at 03:26. Reason: "some" is quite an understatement I believe
Old 2013-11-04, 08:22   Link #114
Assort Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
I'm pretty sure there'd be people who will say that it would; better that way in fact (that's not going to be me saying it).
I would say I prefer it to be like Im@s. Partly because I particularly like how Im@s work by inserting the Producer in.
Old 2013-11-04, 22:18   Link #115
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Thing is though, while it was always obvious how the Producer was male in IM@S, in Kantai the Admiral is literally a blank slate, and there are male AND female admirals in fanart. This means if the Admiral is kept in, the production committee WILL have to make a choice.
Old 2013-11-04, 22:45   Link #116
whitecloud

i want the girl to meet their counterpart in arpeggio....
Old 2013-11-05, 00:49   Link #117
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Thing is though, while it was always obvious how the Producer was male in IM@S, in Kantai the Admiral is literally a blank slate, and there are male AND female admirals in fanart. This means if the Admiral is kept in, the production committee WILL have to make a choice.
... There are non-human admirals in fanart too, you know... though that might not make any sense if they're planning something other than a comedy

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2013-11-05, 01:15   Link #118
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
... There are non-human admirals in fanart too, you know... though that might not make any sense if they're planning something other than a comedy
Yeah, I'm following the 4koma with the dog admiral. Hilarious stuff.

Still, its likely they're going with someone human. As for sex, who knows, but given how Kongou wants to be the Admiral's girlfriend (seriously, listen to her Kai-2 lines), it would be expected on a Male Admiral and downright HILARIOUS for a Female Admiral.
Old 2013-11-05, 01:58   Link #119
Gravitas Free Zone

Complicated gag, never show the Admiral on-screen in a gender-identifiable fashion, have them use gender-neutral pronouns (or swap randomly). Troll everyone with the answer.
Old 2013-11-05, 06:09   Link #120
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It's not like they have to stick with 1 admiral. We could have different groups after all.

Tags
ship girls