AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-02-24, 03:30   Link #11081
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

His name is Murdoch, Znozzy. The chief mechanic is named Murdoch.
Old 2014-02-24, 03:41   Link #11082
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
His name is Murdoch, Znozzy. The chief mechanic is named Murdoch.
For some reason i thought his name was Murphy, but i wasnt sure, i stand corrected!
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 04:23   Link #11083
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
As i said, in contrast to the old crew from SEED, the Minerva's crew is pretty underused and some characters, like Meyrin is just there, same with Shinn's Mechanical buddies, and Meyrin's blonde replacecment

in SEED, the following characters where actually developed a small bit and saw some screentime (And did develop a tad bit aswell, can you imagine?):
Sai
Miriallia
Flay
Tohru/Tolle
Murrue
Angry-Mechanical-Dude
Natarle
Mwu

The Destiny crew never got that development.
Going by that list, we can also add Meyrin, Talia, and Meer to the new cast.

That said, not every character needs development. The two mechanics and Meyrin's replacement is no different than the Archangel's adult crew.
Quote:
Kira has pretty much the same development as he did in Seed, the " i don't want to fight " to the " i'll fight if i must to defend my friends " the only thing i'll give him is the speech at the end to Durandal and him actually telling the AA to go ahead during the final battle, other than that, i honestly don't see Kira develop as a character at all, he is the same character throughout Destiny as he was towards the end of SEED
Kira went from a guy who stayed at home to become a guy who willingly joined the military.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 05:12   Link #11084
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Going by that list, we can also add Meyrin, Talia, and Meer to the new cast.

That said, not every character needs development. The two mechanics and Meyrin's replacement is no different than the Archangel's adult crew. Kira went from a guy who stayed at home to become a guy who willingly joined the military.
Just like he did in SEED.

Civilian(SEED #1, Destiny #Start of the show-14 > *Forced into the fight (Episode 2 of SEED, 14? of Destiny) > officially " Joined of his free will to protect his friends " (#10/11 of SEED) (#15 of Destiny, Orb uniform and all + AA Launching) > Determination: #50 of Seed " I have a world i want to protect " #Destiny FA+ Durandal speech.

Seriously, it's the same development as in SEED, minus him tossing out orders in the final battle.
Old 2014-02-24, 05:20   Link #11085
monster

Quote:
Just like he did in SEED.

Civilian(SEED #1, Destiny #Start of the show-14 > *Forced into the fight (Episode 2 of SEED, 14? of Destiny) > officially " Joined of his free will to protect his friends " (#10/11 of SEED) (#15 of Destiny, Orb uniform and all + AA Launching) > Determination: #50 of Seed " I have a world i want to protect " #Destiny FA+ Durandal speech.

Seriously, it's the same development as in SEED, minus him tossing out orders in the final battle.
No, in SEED he only stayed in the military only as long as the war was going on. In Destiny, he remained after the war ended. That's a big difference.
Old 2014-02-24, 05:28   Link #11086
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
No, in SEED he only stayed in the military only as long as the war was going on. In Destiny, he remained after the war ended. That's a big difference.
Is it? He kept the Orb uniform, the Freedom was under his house and the AA was hidden somewhere, during peacetime(between SEED > Destiny) he was at home with Lacus and the kids, at the end of Destiny (FA+), we see him arrive at Plant for some meeting in Zaft outfit, that doesnt mean he was in active Zaft duty the entire time. Honestly, we don't see much what the characters do after Destiny either. We do see Kira/Athrun/Shinn meet up at Orb in civilian clothing, so it can be assumed that he went back to living with Lacus and the kids after Destiny.

Honestly, Monster, it's hard to tell if he kept being in active military service after Destiny ended, so with that being said, let's agree to disagree what Kira did after Destiny.
Old 2014-02-24, 05:57   Link #11087
monster

The Freedom was not under his house. It was under the Athha's house. And Kira did not have an Orb uniform in SEED.

Also, the meeting with Shinn was before they went to the PLANTs. And Kira wouldn't have to wear a ZAFT uniform in public like that unless he really did join ZAFT. It also makes no sense to actually join a military force when there is no war going on if he wasn't going to stay.
Old 2014-02-24, 06:56   Link #11088
weirdguy

Quote:
Is it? He kept the Orb uniform, the Freedom was under his house and the AA was hidden somewhere, during peacetime(between SEED > Destiny) he was at home with Lacus and the kids, at the end of Destiny (FA+), we see him arrive at Plant for some meeting in Zaft outfit, that doesnt mean he was in active Zaft duty the entire time. Honestly, we don't see much what the characters do after Destiny either. We do see Kira/Athrun/Shinn meet up at Orb in civilian clothing, so it can be assumed that he went back to living with Lacus and the kids after Destiny.

Honestly, Monster, it's hard to tell if he kept being in active military service after Destiny ended, so with that being said, let's agree to disagree what Kira did after Destiny.
I remember you saying that you watched Destiny 10 times. So, you should remember that Kira's house was destroyed due to Junius 7 fragments. At the end, Kira was he will fight. And that he knows peace can't be maintained if he goes back to the way he has been living. So, it is safe to say he is active.
weirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 07:42   Link #11089
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
The Freedom was not under his house. It was under the Athha's house. And Kira did not have an Orb uniform in SEED.
I stand corrected on the uniform part. And having the Freedom under the Attha house brings up other questions.

Quote:
Also, the meeting with Shinn was before they went to the PLANTs.
Indeed, But it does show that Kira went back to a civilian life up until the meeting at PLANT, doesnt it? Or maybe he was simply off-duty, like he was after the last battle in SEED.

Quote:
And Kira wouldn't have to wear a ZAFT uniform in public like that unless he really did join ZAFT. It also makes no sense to actually join a military force when there is no war going on if he wasn't going to stay.
See, now that's an entirely different issue (If he is officially a part of Zaft or if Terminal was assimilated into Zaft again)

Kira wore the White uniform, prooving that he is atleast higher ranked than a red-coat, it's safe to assume it's because he is on the Mobile suit team on the Eternal, Which Lacus has control over. Lacus is also on the high council (Some assume she is the chairman). However, since we have the scene in Orb before they head up to Plant, as i said earlier, it's hard to say what happens after because we havnt been shown Kira being on active Zaft-duty apart from Lacus having a meeting with the high council.

if its a ceremonial meeting when Lacus is brought back to PLANT or if she is turned into the Chairman, one can assume Lacus being dressed up the way she is, Kira stayed onboard the Eternal when it docked for x reason along with the Dom-trio, explaining the hug they had aswell at the end of the Special edition episode 4.

as i said earlier, let's agree to disagree when it comes to what happens to Kira after the F+/SE4

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
I remember you saying that you watched Destiny 10 times. So, you should remember that Kira's house was destroyed due to Junius 7 fragments. At the end, Kira was he will fight. And that he knows peace can't be maintained if he goes back to the way he has been living. So, it is safe to say he is active.
Indeed it was, i never denied that. i always thought the Attha mansion (As monster said) was their real mansion.

Also, no.

Gil asked him what he would do if the world was thrown into chaos again, Kira replied that he was ready for it, and that he would fight if needed. He never said anything about peace not lasting if he goes back to the way he was living between SEED/Destiny.
Old 2014-02-24, 11:01   Link #11090
monster

Quote:
Indeed, But it does show that Kira went back to a civilian life up until the meeting at PLANT, doesnt it? Or maybe he was simply off-duty, like he was after the last battle in SEED.
All of them were wearing civilian clothes while visiting a memorial. That doesn't mean they returned to civilian life. The fact that all of them, aside from Lacus, wore uniforms later on shows that they in fact remained with the military.
Quote:
See, now that's an entirely different issue (If he is officially a part of Zaft or if Terminal was assimilated into Zaft again)

Kira wore the White uniform, prooving that he is atleast higher ranked than a red-coat, it's safe to assume it's because he is on the Mobile suit team on the Eternal, Which Lacus has control over. Lacus is also on the high council (Some assume she is the chairman). However, since we have the scene in Orb before they head up to Plant, as i said earlier, it's hard to say what happens after because we havnt been shown Kira being on active Zaft-duty apart from Lacus having a meeting with the high council.

if its a ceremonial meeting when Lacus is brought back to PLANT or if she is turned into the Chairman, one can assume Lacus being dressed up the way she is, Kira stayed onboard the Eternal when it docked for x reason along with the Dom-trio, explaining the hug they had aswell at the end of the Special edition episode 4.
As far as I know, Terminal was never a part of ZAFT.

Also, the narration states that the PLANTs asked Lacus to return. And since this happened after the meeting at Orb and after the peace treaty, the implication is clear that this move is of a more permanent nature. So Kira walking around in public wearing a ZAFT uniform obviously means he has joined ZAFT in some capacity.

Either way you look at it, he is no longer the same person who retreated to some orphanage after SEED.
Quote:
Gil asked him what he would do if the world was thrown into chaos again, Kira replied that he was ready for it, and that he would fight if needed. He never said anything about peace not lasting if he goes back to the way he was living between SEED/Destiny.
Maybe not, but his promise to Durandal, and to Shinn, is that he will take responsibility for his choice.

Kira is indeed going to be ready and prepared to fight again, and to replant the flowers again if it comes to that.

And considering he is still wearing a uniform after that, you can't just brush it off as if nothing has changed for Kira.
Old 2014-02-24, 11:43   Link #11091
weirdguy

Quote:
I stand corrected on the uniform part. And having the Freedom under the Attha house brings up other questions.

as i said earlier, let's agree to disagree when it comes to what happens to Kira after the F+/SE4

Indeed it was, i never denied that. i always thought the Attha mansion (As monster said) was their real mansion.

Also, no.

I think you kind of misunderstood what I meant. Yes, Kira never mentioned about peace not lasting if he goes back to the way he was living. But he knows that peace won't last. It's better to be prepared already than to wait until fighting starts again.
weirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 13:24   Link #11092
Deadpool2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The problem with Shinn's development wasn't that he "didn't become one of the good guys", it's that whenever he WOULD develop in whatever manner, by two or three episodes it would've been reversed and he'd be back to how he was.
o_O

The first time we get a a good look at Shinn's personality is him bitching out Cagalli for her father's decision to fight for his ideals at the cost of innocent lives.

Meanwhile his last big act in the show is trying to kill Luna in order to protect Durandal's ideals.

Shinn didn't just develop, his core character fundamentally changed. And it was done subtly enough and well enough that after a decade some people still don't notice...
Deadpool2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 13:37   Link #11093
Washu-Chan