AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-06-19, 13:08   Link #5041
darkchez11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
It's definitely that there will be a kan-war between Saki and Awaii in the final. Aww, I can't wait to see it. And Hope that Shizuno will have a worst battle ever. She doesn't deserve to be in the final match
so the finals for those 2 will be the battle of the true imouto lol. I just hope awaii won't be a jerk and mock saki about the sister's relationship.
darkchez11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 13:09   Link #5042
juventus95

Awai should give up already, unless she can rinshan kaiho like crazy. Saki is Teru's real sister. Now there's more drama since Awai will shift her attention on Saki instead of Shizu like before.
juventus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 13:35   Link #5043
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Spoilers of 128 have surfaced, Hisa's match ends and we see the aftermath, meanwhile Awai confronts Teru about Saki, specifically if she's her sister. Teru was going to lie but Awai apparently gets her to confess with the power of a moe stare.
You made it sounds like Teru can open her heart so easily by Awai of all people, but if so I am quite disappointed in Teru. That said I need more detail confirmation of what really happen since I don't really buy it. Moe stare and evesdropping reporter? Come'on now. That's cheep plot device.

Oh and does this development also confirms that the mysterious blonde isn't Awai?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 21:34   Link #5044
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler Pictures of the Awai scene in question:

Also look where they are right now. A roof. Teru has been brooding on a roof, ring any bells? Also next chapter in 2 weeks again it seems.

Spoiler for Woobie Yuan would like a hug please.:
Actually, I can't see anything there, the images are broken But yeah, it's safe to assume this connects with zenkoku-hen.

Yup, still no break. Maybe the thought of so many breasts in one place is inspiring Ritz to get there ASAP.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 21:35   Link #5045
The Green One

Edit: Ah crap now it's broken.... I'll try to fix it. Give me a bit.

Spoiler for Awai/Teru Roof scene spoiler pictuers take 2:

How's that? Btw, next chapter in 2 weeks.

Last edited by The Green One; 2014-06-19 at 21:48.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 19:48   Link #5046
King-Slayer

Chapter is out
I thought the match ended last time but I guess I was wrong. Still feel pretty sorry for Yuan and she's even crying . The end teaser is looking promising and hopefully we'll find out what happened with Saki and Teru.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 22:25   Link #5047
The Green One

Oh? A secret to Teru's past? Awwww now it's teasing us again, I feel like a little puppy who's being teased by it's owners telling it, "Do you wanna go for a car ride? DO YOU?"

Will we actually get the goods again or will our proverbial chains be yanked again? Here's to hoping.

Poor Yuan still needs a hug, I'll never be able to watch her play and think she doesn't suck at the game, but even I can't help but feel sorry for her here.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 22:41   Link #5048
amigos

finally,the journalist is starting to act like one;no too soon,ritz!
amigos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 23:49   Link #5049
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Oh? A secret to Teru's past? Awwww now it's teasing us again, I feel like a little puppy who's being teased by it's owners telling it, "Do you wanna go for a car ride? DO YOU?"

Will we actually get the goods again or will our proverbial chains be yanked again? Here's to hoping.
Wrong analogy, this is Saki. We're already on the ride, and it never ends.

This is clearly real development, the issue now is when we'll be seeing the juicy parts.

Quote:
Poor Yuan still needs a hug, I'll never be able to watch her play and think she doesn't suck at the game, but even I can't help but feel sorry for her here.
Same here. As much of a jerk as she was, getting destroyed that hard, and then getting a single triumph out of sheer convenience must hurt really bad.

On happier news, isn't Awai's starry eyed smile beautiful? Also, what the hell was up with the artstyle in that page? Seriously, she looked more like HnG's Nagi than anything drawn by Ritz.
Old 2014-06-23, 23:57   Link #5050
Nihilanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
You made it sounds like Teru can open her heart so easily by Awai of all people, but if so I am quite disappointed in Teru. That said I need more detail confirmation of what really happen since I don't really buy it. Moe stare and evesdropping reporter? Come'on now. That's cheep plot device.

Oh and does this development also confirms that the mysterious blonde isn't Awai?
Actually, in the chapter, Nishida looked into Teru's elementary school, and presumably realized that Saki and Teru went to the same school, and their sharing the last name might not be a coincidence. I'm interested in seeing where this leads, but it seems like a promising sign that the story's moving toward what happened between Saki and Teru.
Nihilanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 00:12   Link #5051
teja208
Critical fanboy

@Nihilanth: Yeah right I was mistaken. It was an ok chapter.

I was too harsh on Teru last time. I kind of assumed that Awai's affection for Teru was one-sided, but this chapter made it obvious it's not the case. Miyanaga family history aside, I wonder what does Awai meant for Teru? Does Awai reminded Teru of someone she knew from the past, or something else entirely? It's entirely understandable if it's the former, but I would prefer the latter which would be more interesting in terms of characterizing Awai as someone more than just a replacement.

I'm glad that there is no eavesdropping form to reporter as I initially mistaken from the spoiler, but anyway it seems drama time bomb is ticking down slowly as we speak. If this time bomb goes off on the day before the final match, them it could affect the performance of both Miyanagas during their respective match.
Old 2014-06-24, 00:29   Link #5052
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
Actually, in the chapter, Nishida looked into Teru's elementary school, and presumably realized that Saki and Teru went to the same school, and their sharing the last name might not be a coincidence. I'm interested in seeing where this leads, but it seems like a promising sign that the story's moving toward what happened between Saki and Teru.
...It took this long, huh? I swear, the press in this world is all about the breasts...

Anyway, it's good to know the reporter actually got info without putting her near the same roof as Teru and Awai for some convoluted reason. We're finally getting some progress regarding the story behind these sisters.
Old 2014-06-24, 05:37   Link #5053
Chitanda Eru

There's a little heart break in Awaii when Teru said that Saki is her sister
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 07:11   Link #5054
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

One thing I can't help to notice is that when Saki take a breather she do it in a park, under a tree. When Teru take a breather she do it on the rooftop, under the sky.

(Sky)/(Earth). I see that each time I compare Teru and Saki.

Now two week to see the first Usuzan's player to do something.
Old 2014-06-24, 07:55   Link #5055
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
One thing I can't help to notice is that when Saki take a breather she do it in a park, under a tree. When Teru take a breather she do it on the rooftop, under the sky.

(Sky)/(Earth). I see that each time I compare Teru and Saki.

Now two week to see the first Usuzan's player to do something.
Yeah, can't wait to see the vice-captain of Usuzan to show her skills
However, I wonder although Usuzan vice-captain and captain are super strong and if they can help Usuzan to go with Kiyosumi to the finale, will Usuzan can overcome the three first match in the finale for the last two player to shows their skill or not.
But anyways, I hope Usuzan can over come this semi-final
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 09:45   Link #5056
teja208
Critical fanboy

Forgot to ask, I wish someone can tell to me more about what is Matano's Rinkai Shoe-in and Takami's Sangenpai?

P.S. This very conversation also acts like a foreshadowing that Takami will be facing Choe in the near future meaning that Rinkai made it through the semi but of course, one can't rule out the possibility that Ritz could be trolling us readers yet again.
Old 2014-06-24, 10:21   Link #5057
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
This is clearly real development, the issue now is when we'll be seeing the juicy parts.
my guess is probably around Saki's match whether during it or just after. I want to know so badly though because I know it'll have something with the mystery girl in it.
Old 2014-06-24, 10:49   Link #5058
eavein18

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Forgot to ask, I wish someone can tell to me more about what is Matano's Rinkai Shoe-in and Takami's Sangenpai?

P.S. This very conversation also acts like a foreshadowing that Takami will be facing Choe in the near future meaning that Rinkai made it through the semi but of course, one can't rule out the possibility that Ritz could be trolling us readers yet again.
doesn't shoe-in there means somewhere along the lines of "guaranteed to pass" ?

sangenpai is the dragon tiles.... though I didn't really see the connection....

maybe she aims for dragon tiles -> daisangen so that she doesn't have to have power competition with choe (for wind tiles) ?

foreshadowing.... with ritz, know knew xD ?
Old 2014-06-24, 12:16   Link #5059
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
my guess is probably around Saki's match whether during it or just after. I want to know so badly though because I know it'll have something with the mystery girl in it.
My bet's on after. To shake things up right before the final match with some serious drama right after what I expect to be a triumph.

Nodoka's match is going to be such a drag now, and not even because of her. How am I going to care about incestuous flashbacks and christian idols when there's actual plot and the fireworks of the final match so close?
Old 2014-06-24, 13:23   Link #5060
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
My bet's on after. To shake things up right before the final match with some serious drama right after what I expect to be a triumph.

Nodoka's match is going to be such a drag now, and not even because of her. How am I going to care about incestuous flashbacks and christian idols when there's actual plot and the fireworks of the final match so close?
we're so close yet so far away. close in that its only around 2 rounds away and so far away because that will take till probably early next year.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri