AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-07-03, 22:49   Link #341
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i just realized that the Turn-A's reactor is powered by a freaking man-made black hole, so its the anti solar furnace of the GN Drives?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 05:31   Link #342
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i just realized that the Turn-A's reactor is powered by a freaking man-made black hole, so its the anti solar furnace of the GN Drives?
Weren't they labelled as "degeneration reactors", that would present a concept similar to GN Drives (IIRC decay of matter provides energy and GN particles). Plus Turn A got 2!
Old 2014-07-04, 12:34   Link #343
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Turn A Gundam utilized a Discontinuous Hyperoscillation Gauge Collapsing Pile power plant.
Old 2014-07-04, 14:05   Link #344
shadow1296

Okay let me get this straight, Recon G is a mech series about a teenage boy who joins a mercenary-like group and pilots one of the strongest mechs of the series (he's piloting a gundam that's a given) just because he falls in love with girl who is around his age who just happens to be apart of that group, forget the fact that this looks like Eureka Seven, sunrise is basicly redoing it as a gundam series
Old 2014-07-04, 14:20   Link #345
tsunade666

the gundam reminds me of exia and beginning combine.

the girl reminds me of eureka 7 anemone.
Old 2014-07-04, 15:04   Link #346
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
Okay let me get this straight, Recon G is a mech series about a teenage boy who joins a mercenary-like group and pilots one of the strongest mechs of the series (he's piloting a gundam that's a given) just because he falls in love with girl who is around his age who just happens to be apart of that group, forget the fact that this looks like Eureka Seven, sunrise is basicly redoing it as a gundam series
Well... there are at least a few differences between this and Eureka 7, since the PV and summary imply that Aida and the G-Self both have some innate connection with Berli that draws him to both. There's even the slight possibility that Berli's simply construing his feeling a connection with Aida as love at first sight .
Old 2014-07-04, 16:44   Link #347
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well... there are at least a few differences between this and Eureka 7, since the PV and summary imply that Aida and the G-Self both have some innate connection with Berli that draws him to both. There's even the slight possibility that Berli's simply construing his feeling a connection with Aida as love at first sight .
they both have a connection to the mech just like the nirvash has a connection to both renton and Eureka, granted renton's connection happens because Eureka but seriously they are not even tryng to hide the similarities
Old 2014-07-04, 17:39   Link #348
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I also adressed the similarity of the initial premise between G-Reco & E7 in previous pages, but stopped there because we haven't seen the actual series. So I think it's wise to hold the thought that G-Reco is just "redoing E7 with a Gundam". A show can go to a completely different direction after its initial premise after all.
Old 2014-07-04, 18:14   Link #349
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I also adressed the similarity of the initial premise between G-Reco & E7 in previous pages, but stopped there because we haven't seen the actual series. So I think it's wise to hold the thought that G-Reco is just "redoing E7 with a Gundam". A show can go to a completely different direction after its initial premise after all.
True but currently its premise looks like it is "E7 if it was a gundam story", but yeah you're right it can go in a completely seperate direction then what E7 took heck i would count on it because it is a gundam story and it could be possible that the girl or the guy will die at some point in the series, maybe not but still possible, and if they do decide to go tat route i hopes its the guy who dies because that would make the girl the first female main protagonist who's the official pilot the mascot gundam of a gundam main series as far as i'm aware
Old 2014-07-04, 22:48   Link #350
brightman
Ancient Member

Based on what Tomino said in the past about the concept of this show I don't think this will be anything like Eureka 7.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-07-05, 10:22   Link #351
s07195
However,

Just saw some screenshots for this anime, not sure what to think of it.
The artstyle looks E7-ish, though.
Old 2014-07-05, 11:23   Link #352
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
I hopes its the guy who dies because that would make the girl the first female main protagonist who's the official pilot the mascot gundam of a gundam main series as far as i'm aware
What are you talking about? We already have Laura Rolla who piloted Turn-A Gundam .
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-07-05, 12:04   Link #353
Frontier

That second image was wrong in so many ways .
Old 2014-07-05, 13:17   Link #354
Gundam888

We all know turn a gundam and this show is non canon but I'll enjoy this show non the less
Gundam888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 13:30   Link #355
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
What are you talking about? We already have Laura Rolla who piloted Turn-A Gundam .
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Doesn't really count.

There has never been a female main cast member Gundam pilot, which is a major issue I have had with the series for a good while.

Heck there has only been a few female Gundam pilots ever and they were all supporting characters that got hand-me-down Gundams with Bandai usually trying to make people forget that they ever piloted said Gundam in the first place. (inverted with Marida but they still try and promote it as if Riddhe was it's only pilot.)

And only 2 maybe 3 of them, Emma Luna and maybe Roux, I would consider good characters.

A good female Gundam pilot that is or shares top billing with the main character is something that is sorely needed.

Edit: in recent years it's been worse, Soma got the GN Archer instead of a Gundam in 00 before just being a co-pilot and not one of the girls in Build Fighters piloted a custom Gundam.

Last edited by Raso; 2014-07-05 at 14:30.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 13:55   Link #356
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I thought the same thing until I met D-KLAC, and now I don't want a female lead for Gundam purely out of spite.
Old 2014-07-05, 15:23   Link #357
monster

Christina is good enough for me as far as the franchise is concerned. As for this series, I wouldn't mind the idea of having this new boy killed to be replaced by one of the girls. I pick the silver/white haired girl. She's probably Loran's ancestress anyway.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 16:21   Link #358
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
Doesn't really count.

There has never been a female main cast member Gundam pilot, which is a major issue I have had with the series for a good while.

Heck there has only been a few female Gundam pilots ever and they were all supporting characters that got hand-me-down Gundams with Bandai usually trying to make people forget that they ever piloted said Gundam in the first place. (inverted with Marida but they still try and promote it as if Riddhe was it's only pilot.)

I'm really surprised that there is actually someone who took my obvious joke seriously ...
Old 2014-07-05, 18:17   Link #359
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam888 View Post
We all know turn a gundam and this show is non canon but I'll enjoy this show non the less
Dude, everything's canon now. Only non-canon Gundam series is GBF for obvious reasons.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 21:45   Link #360
Gundam888

Sure everything is cannon In there timeline but in g reco or turn a gundam

To me it,s not official in first U.C timeline U.C 1 read universal qualifier nether is reguild is not the future of uc ether nether is correct century g savior or Gaia gear to the known universal century ends with victory in U.C timeline 1 or this is the prime U.C timeline.

U.C timeline 2 ends in Gaia gear U.C timeline 3 end g savior U.C timeline 4 ends when earth federation transformed into the solar system federation with mad wing artificial new types and U.C timeline 5 includes all gundam stuff that the timeline reguild is in and maybe C.C. U.C Timeline 6 is where correct century is in U.C timeline 7 is origin

The reason that they all can not be connected there previous timeline for all of them accept for gundam 00 is A.D and mobile suits where all invented in and at different times They all have connected in a single timeline in order to qualify in serenki or universal qualifier which the timelines do not do.

The reason why g savior is no prime U.C timeline one prime timeline exhibit 1 is beacuse earth almost completely recovered by the time victory forests where grown and earths 4 billion was kept primarily in city's exhibit where g savior it is recked 2 no mentioning minovsky physics or updated engineering necessary to in the future they us bullets for main weapons if what I mean no update minovsky drive aka wings light into an engine or the name gundam.
Gundam888 is offline   Reply With Quote