AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-11, 11:30   Link #201
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

If it's Persona 3 Portable playing as the female lead gives some good replay value since all her interactions are different from the male lead.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 11:49   Link #202
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Except most of the time they aren't--most male characters in games are designed to placate a male power fantasy, not a female sexual fantasy. They're not sexually objectified males, they're hyper-powerful, hyper-competent walls of muscle.

I applaud games where the males look normal and attractive--FFXI and FFXIV are good examples of this, where the Hume/Hyur males look simply like very fit and trim, attractive men.
Maybe it's true for western MMOs, but I play mostly Japanese or Korean MMOs which have good male character designs.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 12:07   Link #203
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Except most of the time they aren't--most male characters in games are designed to placate a male power fantasy, not a female sexual fantasy. They're not sexually objectified males, they're hyper-powerful, hyper-competent walls of muscle.

I applaud games where the males look normal and attractive--FFXI and FFXIV are good examples of this, where the Hume/Hyur males look simply like very fit and trim, attractive men.
Wut bout us Male Miqote
Old 2013-03-11, 14:04   Link #204
Nessaja
rawr

I do play male characters if they aren't portrayed like the oh-so-stereotypical-bamf. I prefer something like Dante, Hayabusa or <insert Asian inspired main-character> and we have a deal.

As for MMO's, I have it hard to imagine men in robes (or tights if you prefer) unless we're talking Gundalf (see the pun I made?). In general I prefer playing agile characters and women seem to fall in that category pretty often even if portrayed as a overly sexualized big breasted heroine that saves the...
Nessaja is offline   Reply With Quote