AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-06, 16:38   Link #141
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Well that was another great episode which almost makes up for a spree of LOL RANDOM fillers. One certain Ryoko Shiraishi's cover makes a glorious comeback and another gorgeous song with her vocal emerges.

I wonder where will we go from here. Besides a handful of stories from vol. 4-5 (all about secondary characters) Vols 1-5 are pretty much over and done. And what was that with "The End" written in the end of the episode? And overall "End of the Season" feeling? It's episode 10, not 13 or 12! Ah, let's wait and see.

This better be renewed for another season some time during 2010! I don't even mind overall drop in quality.

Spoiler for 10:
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 18:50   Link #142
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

After the remarkable episode 10 and it's conclusion, i would like to see something close to and end of the story. Of course i wouldn't mind the series to carry on for another season, because i adore the show and it's cast, though after this weeks episode, an end to the story would work perfectly alongside it.
Old 2009-12-07, 09:24   Link #143
konart

also ED 10 featured new ED and awesome insert song, didn't it?

Spoiler for insert song:

Spoiler for ED 2:
Old 2009-12-07, 10:07   Link #144
SidVicious
Anime addict

Epic fight.
Old 2009-12-07, 10:58   Link #145
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
new ED
Except it was from season 1 episode 06.
Not new at all.
Old 2009-12-07, 11:09   Link #146
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Except it was from season 1 episode 06.
Not new at all.
awwwww... I thought I saw it somewhere
Old 2009-12-07, 19:39   Link #147
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Those two share such a special bond.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 19:57   Link #148
Midonin
Last Engage

Actually, all of the insert songs (and this particular ED) aren't even that "new". Much like Sora no Otoshimono (and every episode title of the series since day one), it's an old song covered by a member of the cast. In the case of that particular scene, it was "Sailor Fuku to Kikanjuu", covered by Ryoko Shiraishi.

If I may so borrow a phrase from myself, presented here in its original form.

Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 08:19   Link #149
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Yes, that's one of the highest points of Natsu no Arashi!. Since the story was envisioned by original mangaka as "nostalgic love comedy" of sorts, I guess old pop songs add to the value. Is there even a better way to do a character song album than to use good oldies?

Actually, a good selection of awesome songs with Shiraishi Ryoko's vocal is what brought me into the series. I liked the actress for her Zettai Karen Children's Nogami Aoi and Gundam 00's Anew Returner so I looked for series with her as a lead actor. Hayate didn't do the trick and Arashi, on other hand, failed to disappoint.

Quote:
I suppose that particular illustration in your video will be used for Akinaichuu Episode 13 title card. Some time ago official website revealed the tracklist for the second character song album, which once again consist only of cover songs.

Song titles are matching Episodes 1-11 naming (except for Toki wo Kakeru Shojo which is included in ED single instead).

The only three songs left for ep12-13 are "RadarMan (Artist Unknown)", "Kimi-tachi Kiwi, Papaya, Mango da ne (Kaja and Arashi)" and "Sailor Fuku to Kikanjuu (Arashi).
Old 2009-12-08, 18:41   Link #150
Itlandm
Porcupine

Having only seen the three first episodes of the second season (and most of the first), I am a little disheartened by the reports of most of the second season being wasted on boring, stupid fillers. Having just recently discovered this anime, I was mostly favorably impressed so far. The exception being the practice of having naked women in the opening sequence, when the rest of the show is seen through the eyes of a prepubescent boy. "We already hugged!" is perhaps the quote that best sums up the heartwarming innocence of this show.

It seems to me that many viewers forget that the Hajime and Jun are both very young, even though the show itself takes pains to remind us of it. While there seems to be a romantic subplot between them, it is unlikely that any of them will give it much thought once the summer ends. They are still children, especially Hajime.

In the beach episode, I was baffled and amused to see Hajime giving Jun a sea cucumber. Are these not seen in Japan as symbols of the male reproductive organ?
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 01:18   Link #151
mpt37

Spoiler for ep 10:
mpt37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 21:48   Link #152
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm honestly puzzled as to whether this is headed towards an Arashi end or a Jun end. The story does a pretty good job of muddying the waters, giving voluminous hints in both directions. I adore all three corners of the triangle so I suppose I'd be happy with any kind of shipper ending, but I'm rooting for Hajime/Jun in my heart.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 04:35   Link #153
Pachael
原作通り

That setup gave me KOR flashbacks.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 04:49   Link #154
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm honestly puzzled as to whether this is headed towards an Arashi end or a Jun end. The story does a pretty good job of muddying the waters, giving voluminous hints in both directions. I adore all three corners of the triangle so I suppose I'd be happy with any kind of shipper ending, but I'm rooting for Hajime/Jun in my heart.
They haven't really ever hinted at a Hajime/Jun end. They've pointed out that Jun does have some sort of "feelings" for Hajime. We're not really told how deep they are, but it's probably built off the fact that Hajime accepts her so completely and treats her as just one of the guys, even if it is embarassing due to the situations Hajime tries to get them into... Jun's probably never been accepted so completely and without pretense, but of course, the problem is still that Hajime doesn't know that she's not a boy.

Hajime/Arashi has been the overarching relationship that the anime's been focused on, so I don't see that changing even if Jun makes some sort of move. Plus, now that Hajime has the whole "pre-ordained time paradox/first crush" thing with Arashi; there's no way the story could move off that.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 05:23   Link #155
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachael View Post
That setup gave me KOR flashbacks.
Yeah, i know what you mean.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
They haven't really ever hinted at a Hajime/Jun end. They've pointed out that Jun does have some sort of "feelings" for Hajime. We're not really told how deep they are, but it's probably built off the fact that Hajime accepts her so completely and treats her as just one of the guys, even if it is embarassing due to the situations Hajime tries to get them into... Jun's probably never been accepted so completely and without pretense, but of course, the problem is still that Hajime doesn't know that she's not a boy.

Hajime/Arashi has been the overarching relationship that the anime's been focused on, so I don't see that changing even if Jun makes some sort of move. Plus, now that Hajime has the whole "pre-ordained time paradox/first crush" thing with Arashi; there's no way the story could move off that.
Exactly, there's been no hints at all at Jun x Hajime. The only rint in that regard in that Jun is starting to feel something for Hajime, though as you said, Hajime still thinks that Jun is male, so there's just nothing there at all between the two.

Also, after the whole build up we've been seeing between Arashi x Hajime, especially episode 10 of this series is enough material to show that even if Arashi does dissapear at the end of the summer, that Hajime won't go running off with another woman. Jun x Hajime just seems like a fans dream, because there's no evidence in the show to believe it'll happen.
Old 2009-12-10, 05:30   Link #156
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Exactly, there's been no hints at all at Jun x Hajime. The only rint in that regard in that Jun is starting to feel something for Hajime, though as you said, Hajime still thinks that Jun is male, so there's just nothing there at all between the two.

Also, after the whole build up we've been seeing between Arashi x Hajime, especially episode 10 of this series is enough material to show that even if Arashi does dissapear at the end of the summer, that Hajime won't go running off with another woman. Jun x Hajime just seems like a fans dream, because there's no evidence in the show to believe it'll happen.
Yeah, the more I think about it, from Hajime's point of view their relationship is entirely platonic, so I don't see how anything could happen at this point. That's even before you discount the fact that HajimexArashi went to another level in episode 10 with the revelations about her past.

Hajime likes Jun as his closest male friend. Even if Jun becomes a girl, I don't see a "rough around the edges" guy like Hajime really changing his behavior towards Jun, although it would be hilarious to see what happens when he does find out (that's why I'm hoping for a 3rd season focused somewhat on that if there is enough story left). Most likely, he'll just shrug it off and things would stay the same; he's not one to care whether someone's a boy or girl if his relationship with them is that close and platonic.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 05:44   Link #157
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Actually, all of the insert songs (and this particular ED) aren't even that "new". Much like Sora no Otoshimono (and every episode title of the series since day one), it's an old song covered by a member of the cast. In the case of that particular scene, it was "Sailor Fuku to Kikanjuu", covered by Ryoko Shiraishi.

Well, yes, the same goes for character songs etc.
Old 2009-12-10, 10:32   Link #158
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, I strongly disagree about Hajime/Jun - I think the hints have been subtler, but they've been there. And there's been a lot of foreshadowing that though Hajime and Arashi are clearly "soul-mates" of a sort (that is her name in the title, after all) there are insurmountable obstacles in their path towards being a couple.

In short - I think the manga-ka goes out of his way to show the reasons why Hajime/Arashi would be wrong for both, and why Hajime/Jun would be right - though clearly, the characters don't see it that way yet and perhaps never will.
Old 2009-12-10, 11:25   Link #159
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I still say it's just a fans wish, because nothing has been shown between Jun x Haijime. All we've seen is Jun having an interest in him during this second season. As for Haijime, like we've said a number of times, he still sees Jun as a fellow male.

& even if Haijime x Arashi doesn't happen, doesn't mean he'll end up with Jun.
Old 2009-12-10, 11:34   Link #160
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

No, you're right Shiroth - I actually think a Hajime x Nobody ending is the most likely scenario. But I still think there have been subtle hints that Hajime knows something is odd with Jun. Even more important, I think Hajime is what is slowly helping Jun break out of her self-destructive deceptive behavior. Her phony existence is derived from this strange self-loathing (thinly disguised as a general loathing of "girly" behavior), which sets up the extreme state of personal discomfort which drives her storyline. Her slow thaw in feelings towards Hajime is causing a slow thaw in her feelings toward herself, and it just feels so right that she and Hajime should grow up through their relationship in the end. Even more so if Arashi is the catalyst for bringing them together - that could be the ultimate reason for her existence in the modern era, and give Hajime the lasting imprint of her presence long after he forgets about her (as she has said he must).

Tags
comedy, romance, shaft, shounen