AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2011-03-29, 14:54   Link #1561
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Viz deprives us of the under covers and changes the title page into one small bordered square (the image, without any text) in the center with the titling and such around it.
Old 2011-05-01, 23:23   Link #1562
Arturis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Ah, there is a Claymore thread now, I'm glad. I'm new to the series and I've been checking out the anime. I like it. It has a Beserk feel to it with the medieval European settings, which are very well done. I do feel the animation is a little dated to be such a recent series though. Hopefully that will improve as the series goes on.

Now for the questions :

- How far is the manga ahead the anime?

- Why does it seem that all the Claymore are female? Are males incapable of becoming Claymores?

- Is there anything special about the Claymore swords themselves or are they just normal weapons?

- Do the "Men in Black" serve any purpose besides just collecting money and acting as messengers?

- Teresa freaked out that gang of bandits that wanted to rape her by exposing her chest. Are all the bodies of the Claymore disfigured/scarred as the result of being half-Youma or was this something unique to Teresa?

I suppose those are the major questions I'd like to know right now. I don't mind spoilers.

Okhay. The swords they carry are reeeally special. Notice in ALL the books that some of the swords in the story (the ones that the normal people have) break/shatter, while the Claymores' swords NEVER EVER break.

The Manga is waaaay ahead of the anime (I've read them all).

Yes, i think all the claymores have something on their chests that are NOT NORMAL (no boobs?). LOL the latest chapter came out several weeks ago, and all the claymores were revolting against the "organization".
Arturis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 21:48   Link #1563
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturis View Post
Okhay.
Spoiler for spoilers and space:

Why did you respond to a posted set of questions from 2007? If he's been waiting for an answer I don't think he's expecting a reply anymore.

As to the questions, in 2007 the questions about the swords and MiB having a greater plot point didn't have answers at the point in time they where asked... since both where introduced by Miria as plot points in ch 79. Back in May 2007 (when the question was asked) the plot in the manga was in the middle of the Agatha fight, so a few chapters away (though the series went on pause for a few months (between 2 and 4 if memory serves) when it switched mags after ch 77).

Come to think about it, I think that guy needs some credit for asking those questions before they became legit plot points and apparently before he had gotten that far into the plot, due to asking about male warriors which was explained by Miria in the first AB hunt. So clearly he wasn't that far yet into the plot.

As to the "no boobs" I suggest you check out Teresa's rack again... in the Claymore artbook Yagi drew her fully nude (but with no deformity either ). Most speculate this deformity is mutated flesh/scars running straight down ones chest.
Spoiler for A sketch and what many speculate what the deformity looks like... (no nudity):

... I just realized this was your first post. Welcome! Didn't mean to go rough on yeah, hope I didn't come off that way.
Old 2011-05-04, 23:24   Link #1564
Mighty_frog
Hopeless Jean fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Mighty_frog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Most speculate this deformity is mutated flesh/scars running straight down ones chest.
Spoiler for A sketch and what many speculate what the deformity looks like... (no nudity):
Oh God

I will definitely be having nightmares about this for a while. Raki is a real man to still love that
Old 2011-05-05, 00:27   Link #1565
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_frog View Post
Oh God

I will definitely be having nightmares about this for a while. Raki is a real man to still love that
Actually, minus the nose (since it looks like it's broken and pointed in an odd direction) I think she looks pretty good...

Then again I'm in the middle of watching The Walking Dead season 1 TV show (not an anime)... and my god... They didn't spare any money on zombie costumes and guts... lots of guts. So, I guess all things considered after watching your parents guts being eaten before your very eyes, an deformity on a smoking hot chick like Clare who you hero worship is very easy to put up with in perspective. Plus, who knows, maybe Raki's shoulder will look like this soon, or maybe not... (EDIT: should save rant about wanting next ch now for another thread )

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-05-14 at 23:53.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 15:44   Link #1566
haegar
mangaviking

you pics no liking hotlink... you better fix
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 03:49   Link #1567
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I've a question which requires some hypothesizing... I have started to rewatch the Claymore series and just had to wonder if there is ever a chance we will see another season of it. Do the manga readers who are up to date feel there might be another run by the anime counterpart any time soon?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 08:47   Link #1568
haegar
mangaviking

Spoiler for slight manga spoilers on wrong anime end and general manga timeframe:
Old 2011-05-28, 09:25   Link #1569
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I've a question which requires some hypothesizing... I have started to rewatch the Claymore series and just had to wonder if there is ever a chance we will see another season of it. Do the manga readers who are up to date feel there might be another run by the anime counterpart any time soon?
The anime followed the manga relatively closely until the war in Pieta where it diverged - and diverged a lot (basically the final showdown never happened as the events leading up to it were a wee bit different). Any sequel would have to re-do the last few episodes in order to merge back with the story as the anime ending is incompatible with the manga (and a sequel not based of the manga would be utter rubbish and simply not worth making).
The reason for the decision to wrap the series up was, I presume, the lack of enough material at the time to bring the story to closure. The anime covered about 60 chapters, and only about 75 or so chapters were available at the time. With soon to be 115 chapters now, we should have enough material to make a season 2 possible at least (although with the events as they are now in the manga, it'd probably make sense to wait at least 6 more months).

So, although there is starting to be enough material now, the fact that the anime people would have to admit to themselves that their ending was a mistake in order to make a season 2, makes it not as likely to happen as many of us would want. But hey... if Berserk can get a re-launch, then there is still hope at least, right?
Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 11:16   Link #1570
limao
DeAd

I'm sure when the manga ends there will be plenty studios wanting to make a long anime series of the entire manga
Evangelion keeps making failed endings then re-making the same content all over again.
The problem is that Evangelion is Much more popular than Claymore so they can afford
limao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 11:31   Link #1571
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Evangelion? What's that?

But seriously, I could see them re-releasing the Season 1 anime with some clean-up and newly redone final four episodes to bring it back in line for a Season 2. I'd definitely buy it!
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 21:38   Link #1572
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
In the image thread I've compiled all covers and posted them all together. Besides usual covers that all editions have there are "undercovers" which aren't present in Viz version (I'm not sure you can find them in any other version than Japanese).
BTW, personally I liked fan-made cover of volume 19th
Your post in the image thread is having issues due to the site all those pics are hosted on I guess. Or is it just me?

lol...I still find that post useful (even after many months), which is what it was meant to be I'm assuming.
Edit: Nvm, there were alternate viewings lol.

Last edited by SpiritOfGray; 2011-05-30 at 19:51.
SpiritOfGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 12:42   Link #1573
Etheral

I just realized how they could get away with the ending in S1. Have Raki wake up and make the ending a dream. It would be a big troll, but they could just continue on without worries, then just have a recap. Raki would say something like "I hope that doesn't happen", or "What a nightmare." it could also be him daydreaming while on the road with Priscilla. Heck it could be Priscilla with the dream, then she'll say something like "What a ludicrous/amusing dream/thought. I could never lose." Then her internally thinking, he will lead me to that scent/woman. Devilish smile ensues.

A lot easier than rebooting the whole thing. Although, a reboot would ultimately get better viewership and a more proper way to do it.
Old 2012-01-21, 21:29   Link #1574
PhantomMiria

Question Do you think Yagi will continue the war between The Organization and Dragon's Kin?

I love the story about the Claymores, yeah watching the new Abyssal ones brawl out is awesome, but let's get to the bigger picture here.

The Organization only made Roxanne, Hysteria and Cassandra in one last attempt to save their asses before they fall - and at this rate, Daae kinda put them back a few steps. Even if the Abyssal ones decide to leave/die/defeat the claymores, The Organization is out in the open and could fall at any moment from almost all angles.

So what's left after the Org falls?

Well,
  1. we've got Clare and Prissy kindly holding hands until all of this blows over so Galatea and Renee can do something about it.
  2. Clare and Prissy fight or merge together
  3. Potential ending to Claymore (NOT LETTING HAPPEN)
  4. Rubel defeated the organization, now he's got to go back to the Dragon's Kin
  5. The island won't be ruled by the Claymores in peace, there's a war going on so there's never peace.
  6. Rubel finds a way to get the Claymores to go back and work for him (or) The Claymores want to stop the war to prevent things like this happening everywhere
  7. Claymores are the ultimate beings
  8. Sup

Last edited by PhantomMiria; 2012-01-21 at 21:31. Reason: inconclusive
PhantomMiria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 21:36   Link #1575
PhantomMiria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
So, although there is starting to be enough material now, the fact that the anime people would have to admit to themselves that their ending was a mistake in order to make a season 2, makes it not as likely to happen as many of us would want. But hey... if Berserk can get a re-launch, then there is still hope at least, right?
oh dude, the fans know that the last three episodes are false if they were really fans.

There wouldn't be a problem with another season if everybody just knew what was really up or if they just said "Hey, this is a continuing from the manga. Go read the Manga!"

I know it doesn't work like that, but hey we won't care.
PhantomMiria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 14:18   Link #1576
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
The Claymore forum is now retired
Once upon a time...
Members of AnimeSuki created so much discussion about Claymore that we needed to create a new sub-forum to accommodate it all: this is that sub-forum. Members continued to contribute to this sub-forum for a long time and a lot of fun was had by those who visited. However, as all good things must come to an end, so it is with this sub-forum. It has been used only infrequently for a while so with the number of visits and real discussion in decline we feel it should be set aside to make room for newer sub-forums.

What does this actually mean?
This does not mean that the Claymore sub-forum will disappear completely, just that it should not occupy space on the main index page. We have moved it into the Retired section, under Older Series, and will no longer accept requests for new threads. In addition, many of the existing threads have been closed, leaving just a few important ones open to post any future discussion Claymore warrants. If you wish to discuss Claymore further, please do so in one of those threads.

The Claymore sub-forum will remain retired like this until there is a good reason for it to be revived, such as the announcement of a new season, OVA or movie.
If we wish to discuss current chapters that are not done by Viz, what is the right thread to do so since all the chapter threads seem to have closed?

Edit: never mind figured it out... http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=46915&page=14
Old 2012-03-02, 16:21   Link #1577
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Was asked this via VM by a fellow member just a moment ago...

Quote:
So when they say that they aren't making any new threads does that mean that they will not create new threads for the new chapters?
No, we got a new thread called "Claymore Manga" (<---Link leads to page 14 where the thread is currently at) before they closed it. I think the mods just attached the first few pages of the Claymore Viz Manga thread and just stuck on the ch 124 thread to the end of it it to get it started on this new thread. It's now on page 14... the only catch is for some reason it doesn't highlight when a new post has been added, so just check it regularly (like you would anyways). Note it jumps you to the first page then from there just click the last page button to see if there is any new posts. Other than that it seems to be the same as the old chapter threads, just a big universal one.

I'm guessing though spoiler tags will be required for new chapters until they get scanned, so it's like talking about chapter 124 on the chapter 123 thread. Other claymore forums I hang on are just a single thread too, and everything works out fine 99.998% of the time spoiler tag wise.

However all the other threads, minus the chapter threads, seem to still be open (at least of the ones I checked out). So we can still post stuff on the image thread for example or the fan fic thread.
Old 2012-03-04, 08:09   Link #1578
limao
DeAd

Actually the manga and the images threads were the only ones being frequently used so not much changed...(At least the Raki thread is gone )
limao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 12:08   Link #1579
peterx

Hi All!
My first post on this forum..

I've been collecting Claymore manga for a good 6-7 years now for later read when it is finishes (seen the anime).

I've a question for those people here who are up-to-date with the latest manga events! Can you guess how much until this manga is finished, how much chapter away based on the current events?

I've been waiting years now to read this manga as a whole finally.. how much do you think I've to wait?

PLEASE Dont spoil anything!! I Dont want to know ANYTHING that is currently going on nor discussion about it, only a guess how many chapter needs until every major event is resolved, every villain is dead! At least is the manga at halfway point or two-third (2/3) aready?

Thank You very much in advance!!
peterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 16:39   Link #1580
Karharot

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterx View Post
Hi All!
I've a question for those people here who are up-to-date with the latest manga events! Can you guess how much until this manga is finished, how much chapter away based on the current events?

I've been waiting years now to read this manga as a whole finally.. how much do you think I've to wait?
Most likely there are just a few chapters left before the manga is completed. Since each full volume (with the exception of 1'st and 2'nd) contains 6 chapters and there are currently 7 chapters not yet in volume format my guess is that author will try to fit the remaining story in 5 chapters so that 2 volumes of the same length as before can be made out of them (so it would mean 5 months until the last chapter is released in Japan + about 1 year before it is officially published in english).

Last edited by Karharot; 2014-05-21 at 16:55.
Karharot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
claymore, q & a