AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-01-09, 01:47   Link #21
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

It's possible the page hasn't been updated for the PS2 version yet. The mentions of the 360 probably refer to Gundam Musou International (I think that was the title), which is just a Japanese release for the 360 port of Musou, released in the States for both 360 and PS3 as Dynasty Warriors: Gundam.

Personally, I would like to see them offer the additional content in the PS2 version as a download for PS3 and 360.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 19:27   Link #22
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Gundam Musou Special pics

Famitsu.com has some screenshots of the Musha Gundam scenario in the PS2 version of the game as well as the Musha Gundam Mk-II.

From gunota
Old 2008-01-16, 16:04   Link #23
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Just received some Gundam trading figures and placed them next to my Model Kits

Question... anybody knows where can I get a red suit Dearka in such scale? If you do know, please, post the link here. I'm hunting for it but couldn't find it anywhere
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 08:52   Link #24
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Whoa, Gundam 00 isn't having a very smooth debut on DVD. The first volume was released yesterday, and in the daily sales tracking it tracked in #2, behind Lucky Star Vol8 LE. :/
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 08:58   Link #25
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Whoa, Gundam 00 isn't having a very smooth debut on DVD. The first volume was released yesterday, and in the daily sales tracking it tracked in #2, behind Lucky Star Vol8 LE. :/
I don't know, #2 sounds pretty damn good to me.
Old 2008-01-25, 09:02   Link #26
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I don't know, #2 sounds pretty damn good to me.
#2 for anime, not overall DVDs.

Lucky Star sells on average 15-20k per volume, while SEED debuted at 72k. FMA debuted at 64k. SEEDD-D debuted at 80k Code Geass debuted at 62k. Just for perspective. If 00 stays on #2 for the rest of the week, it's going to be the worst selling Gundam debut volume ever.
Old 2008-01-25, 12:28   Link #27
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
#2 for anime, not overall DVDs.

Lucky Star sells on average 15-20k per volume, while SEED debuted at 72k. FMA debuted at 64k. SEEDD-D debuted at 80k Code Geass debuted at 62k. Just for perspective. If 00 stays on #2 for the rest of the week, it's going to be the worst selling Gundam debut volume ever.
Worse than Turn A? I cannot imagine that.
Old 2008-01-25, 12:38   Link #28
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
This goes to show us one thing:

Bad Gundam series sell very well, while the good ones don't seem to sell as well.

Kinda sad if you think about it.
Old 2008-01-25, 16:31   Link #29
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
This goes to show us one thing:

Bad Gundam series sell very well, while the good ones don't seem to sell as well.

Kinda sad if you think about it.
Aww... Don't cry, Spitty Maybe Gundam 00 shall be the very first series you like that shall gross a lot of income despite the bad debut day. You'll see. Don't worry
Old 2008-01-25, 17:28   Link #30
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Well I was comparing sales on a mature DVD market. Sales before DVD (VHS, LD) was very different. SEED and SEED-D set a pretty high standard for new Gundam TV shows on DVD. Hopefully over the weekend sales pick up and when we get first week figures for the sales it'll be above 50k. If not it just shows that the more impersonal newsreel style of Gundam 00's narrative *really* didn't strike a chord with the general audience in Japan.
Old 2008-01-25, 18:01   Link #31
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Well, but it should've been successful, for instance, in terms of audience as they're [planning season 2. They'd not plan season 2 if they did not think that it'd be worth making, would they?
Old 2008-01-25, 21:14   Link #32
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Well, but it should've been successful, for instance, in terms of audience as they're [planning season 2. They'd not plan season 2 if they did not think that it'd be worth making, would they?
Errr, all Gundam TV series are planned as year long shows. The only difference here is that they're splitting it into two seasons because Sunrise doesn't seem to want to clash with the second season of Geass in April.
Old 2008-01-26, 06:31   Link #33
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

So that means that each 00 season will have about 25 episodes? Or you call making 100 episodes a splitted season?
Old 2008-01-26, 09:35   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
So that means that each 00 season will have about 25 episodes? Or you call making 100 episodes a splitted season?
The full Gundam 00 series is 52 episodes, though it's being split into two seasons. The first consists of 25 episodes, the second is 27 episodes.

I'm not all that sure about the 27 episodes part, that's what wiki says.
Old 2008-01-26, 11:17   Link #35
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Now I understand. Bleh, it's practically one season then if you look at it from the PV of a person that is used to SEED-length. The more harsh the evaluation in terms of quality has to be, then...
Old 2008-01-26, 11:31   Link #36
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Well I was comparing sales on a mature DVD market.
Maybe everyone's waiting for the Blu Ray? (j/k)

Seed Destiny's DVD sales WERE helped more by the legion of fangirls that show had though, as its TV ratings were jumpy and more inconsistent than 00's... I'm guessing that female fan support of 00 isn't quite as strong (in lieu of the character designs).
Old 2008-01-26, 11:51   Link #37
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

I think it's not only about gender but age gap in general. SEED has always had a strong support of the younger generation. The older, more mature audience is more into less "candy-candy" character designs and less teenage drama. The older generation prefers a more war-military-political oriented show. And a more realistic one. Without samurai-hack-pwn-all Strike Freedoms. I like both themes and I'm a fan of both types of Gundam Franchise. So that's basically why I'm into CE, UC as well as 00's AD. But when I'd shown 00 to my cousin, who is 16 and liked SEED very much, he did not like Setsuna and co. and the overall mood and plot development of Double O.
Old 2008-01-26, 21:47   Link #38
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Yay! Friday sales rankings are in! Gundam 00 Vol1 is now at #1 for anime.
Old 2008-01-27, 03:59   Link #39
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Yay! Friday sales rankings are in! Gundam 00 Vol1 is now at #1 for anime.
Haha, the bashers can put that in their pipe and smoke it. If the series is so terrible then why are so many people buying it?

This is just the news I needed to hear right now. Well actually it's fallen to second place today in lieu of Gurren Lagann Volume 7, but it's still right behind it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 06:05   Link #40
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Nice to see it's doing reasonably well, (( it doesn't need to reach SEED's level of DVD success anyway to be profitable. )) but any numbers to it?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam 00 dvd