AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-11-01, 18:02   Link #61
7thMethuselah

In most cases the manga is far better for the simple reason the story is more evolved and characters have more depth. The art however cna be a serious drawback, especially since for some mange and anime the art style differs alot. to give some examples where I liked anime over mange would be FMP and AM Goddess (where i never did like the art style that much)
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 17:04   Link #62
Js2756
Thread Killer

Kinda surprised that nobody said it yet, but I preferred Azumanga Daioh anime over manga. I don't know why, but the delivery in the show just seemed a lot smoother and funnier.
Old 2007-11-04, 04:40   Link #63
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756 View Post
Kinda surprised that nobody said it yet, but I preferred Azumanga Daioh anime over manga. I don't know why, but the delivery in the show just seemed a lot smoother and funnier.
Probably because there is sound and the manga is 4-koma.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 06:37   Link #64
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I'm a big CLAMP fan, both manga and anime, but I much, much preferred the anime version of Chobits, while for most of the other series, I've found them about equal (haven't read Angelic Layer's manga, though) both with their pros and cons.

Chobits however, was just... better, animated. I can't place exactly why, I just found the anime a lot more enjoyable, the manga was a tad on the boring side.

I am biased though as a *whole* I prefer anime, because of voices, colour and very importantly in my view, music. But sometimes the story is let down a little, things in the original aren't carried over etc... but that's why I read the manga AND watch the anime, and enjoy both. ^_^
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 11:51   Link #65
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

I've a recent example: Minami-ke.

While i like the manga, the anime has its edge against its source. 4-koma and short story slice-of-life kinda manga, of which Minami-ke is one, usually turn out to be better in anime, imo, because in anime, they're adding a very important dimension, namely sound and voice. I like the voice leads in the show. They bring life to those characters. The music and background sound that they choose is superb, corresponding to the leisure and comedic mood. The animation is nicely done too. Besides, the animators display stroke of genius when they incorporate 3D elements in it.

By the way, it's always better to read 4-koma and short story type of manga in magazine. When you're reading them in compiled volume like i do, the joke tends to wear out bit by bit after you finish half a volume. Why? Because it's meant to be consumed a small chunk every week. In anime, you won't have this problem, because it's progressing so much faster than your reading speed, so the fatigue factor is lessened considerably.

That's why i'm saying that Minami-ke anime is better than its manga.
GoldAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 21:24   Link #66
ellifeedn
Thinker

I know this isn't related to the topic of the thread but it is part of the discussion, sort of. Was there any material after the original that was good or better than the original?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 01:22   Link #67
Bocca
Banned

MAR was better in animated form than manga.
Bocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 08:50   Link #68
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I know this isn't related to the topic of the thread but it is part of the discussion, sort of. Was there any material after the original that was good or better than the original?
I think Full Metal Alchemist anime, not the movie, is better than Full Metal Alchemist manga. Even at the point where the anime diverts from the manga, i would probably still prefer the latter. However, the manga seems to drag on and on and on, and it finally wore my patience off.
GoldAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 15:29   Link #69
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Another example of an anime that exceeds the manga is Ayatsuri Sakon. The manga loses verve at the end, just trailing off into "filler-like" stories which lack the inspiration of the earlier chapters. As a result the anime doesn't animate those unispiring chapters. Instead the anime writers created entirely new stories which are exciting and develop the characters past the limits of the manga. Some of the very best episodes were anime original story arcs.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 22:18   Link #70
Oppius
Banned

Shakugan no Shana

Its anime came first because it was an anime based on a novel,not manga.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 22:35   Link #71
Bocca
Banned

Well, manga has more conversations, which I like.

Everytime I go from manga -> anime, it feels like a lot of the convo's missing...(whether they are story-revelant or not).
Bocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 08:36   Link #72
digitals05

anime and manga is ok.. both give entertainment to me
digitals05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 21:36   Link #73
Geass
~Power of the King~

Ghost Hunt, I'd say the anime manages to make it much more atmospheric than the manga is capable of, lacking sound effects and all.
Old 2007-11-13, 04:45   Link #74
Ash Falls Town

I'm now reading Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. Though the manga does have it's good points it's helped by watching the anime first. The Fillers really help expand the kaitou part. Now since I am reading them after I also get the backstory.

Basically I am trying to say that not only do both have there good points but they complement each other making both together better than just both of them.
Ash Falls Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 12:03   Link #75
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

A clasic case would be the death note anime, the story was all about talking and thinking and not much action so it was not really nessesary to animate people talking -allot-

so i am toltaly on the sid of manga but some people just don't like to read 0_o and thats a shame
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 13:06   Link #76
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaboso View Post
A clasic case would be the death note anime, the story was all about talking and thinking and not much action so it was not really nessesary to animate people talking -allot-

so i am toltaly on the sid of manga but some people just don't like to read 0_o and thats a shame
Well, I for one found the Manga and Anime of Death Note to be evenly matched. Though in the anime (This would be a spoiler so spoiler tag it is xD)

Spoiler for Death Note- The person's death that I shall not say with out this:

But yea..2 different ways right there...Indeed, Death Note is bassically thinking and walking, and dramtic writing..but still...If that was the case...Hikaru no Go wouldn't have been animated...I like to watch and read both Manga and anime...so I was happy

As for reading...I don't like to read novels...I only like to read Manga...I think reading is boring and I cannot force myself to read a book. Seriously, put me in a room with with only a chair in a book, no windows or anything, I will find some thing to do that will entertain me. . Come to think of (Aside from Manga..I've compelted thousands of them) I don't think I've ever completed a novel in my life...I think the furthest I got was Harry Potter and the Prisnor of Askaban...I got to page 10....
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 18:27   Link #77
Dassasin
Blades

Usually action typed anime is better than action oriented manga

I liked the trigun manga better though
Old 2007-11-20, 06:18   Link #78
tbl
Affably Evil

It's not just Manga/Anime, the source material is almost always better than the adaptations. I do prefer the Bleach and D.Gray-man animes better, I find the action in the manga hard to follower.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 17:21   Link #79
User65554
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
It's not just Manga/Anime, the source material is almost always better than the adaptations.
Indeed, whenever a film is made of a book nowadays large numbers of people who read the book complain that it isn't faithful, changes/removes too muchetc. etc.
And they're usually right.
User65554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 01:08   Link #80
jost
新撰组&

so sad that no one has mentioned Seto no Hanayome
it is obviously the best example for the animation of a less-known comic

also Gintama's animation is better than the comic
jost is offline   Reply With Quote