AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2019-05-17, 10:09   Link #4361
Senpuu

After 3 weeks spent again with Skyrim, recently I played only with my sister the legendary Fireboy and Watergirl
Old 2019-10-02, 08:14   Link #4362
Golden Lily

Recently finished Red Dead Redemption 2 and what can I say? Cyberpunk 2077, TLoU2 and Death Stranding have a really difficult challenge before them. If they can't top this then RDR2 has my Game of the Generation Award...or Witcher 3, dunno yet..

I'm playing Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and sweet Jesus is it hard. Ufortunately, not in a fun way like Dark Souls or Bloodborne. Currently I'm struggling against Blazing Bull and whoever at FromSoft thought this thing will make an excellent boss should calm down a little.
Which is such a shame because the game is gorgeous, but because of its rather gimmicky combat mechanics (someone described Sekiro as a rhythm game and I can see where they're coming from) and Dragonrot it's difficult for me to enjoy it. I guess I need a little time with it, Dark Souls at first was like that as well.

I'm also playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. This's my first time with Deus Ex's game and I have rather mixed feelings atm. First of all, it feels a little too pretentious (probably due to music), enemies have rather rigid damage response (even with headshots they barely react) and I'm not a huge fan of sneak kills/take down animations as they break flow of gameplay. On the other hand, cyberware, hacking and story are pretty decent so far.
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-03, 12:52   Link #4363
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Been mad addicted to Black Desert Online the last 3 weeks ever since they added life skill gear/tools that can be enhanced. It has been months, maybe even a year or two since I've put THIS many hours into BDO the last 3 weeks. I'm even grinding too. Pretty much the only game that has me going as of right now surprisingly.

I will be going back to Archeage Unchanined when it released Oct 15 for sure.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-06, 13:59   Link #4364
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Still playing BDO, but dividing up my time with Archeage. Playing it pretty casually, just basically fully "lifeskilling." Right now I'm just hoarding up money and increasing my proficiencies so I basically just sell everything I mine, farm, gather, etc. I'm hardcore, but not since I have 3 accounts lol. My main does most of the crafting/farming while my other 2 accounts strictly mine and craft stone bricks. I don't think I have ever struggled to juggle 2 MMOs before, let alone play 2 actively lol.

I have jumped on Battlefield V for their Pacific Theater release of Iwo Jima and that other map. It's pretty fun and decently made, but still not as great.

Currently waiting for Red Dead Redemption 2 to come out on steam this December

Old 2019-11-06, 17:51   Link #4365
Golden Lily

So I finished Sekiro on NG+++++ with Platinum trophy! Honestly, after first playthrough the game is such a breeze that it was pretty boring doing the same bosses again and again. Compared to Soulsborne's NG+ it's defnitely weaker.
Still, pretty awesome game overall. Definitely not my choice for GoTY, but if it wins, I won't be mad.

Currently, I'm playing Resident Evil 7 (Gold Edition). After awesome RE2 Remake I was reluctant to do so, because it's such a different experience compared to other games from this series. But much to my surprise I enjoy it even more than RE2 Remake! It's so terrifying and scary (but also kinda sad) and 1st person perspective actually makes it even better. It certainly helps that game is beautiful.
Old 2020-06-09, 01:06   Link #4366
kizio

Finished, great match 3 game: Treasures of the Mystic Sea
kizio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-09, 12:46   Link #4367
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Currently playing C&C Remastered, it's a great trip to memory lane.
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-25, 20:20   Link #4368
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Just picked up Ghosts of Tsushima today and played the prologue.

Amazon pissed me off. I bought it for 33% off on Monday morning along with another item that came separately. They canceled my order as "undeliverable" despite the fact that they'd just delivered the other item in my order to me yesterday. So I took my business elsewhere. Ran over to Best Buy and got it curbside pickup for the same price. I hadn't really even planned on playing it today, but I'm off on Friday so I wanted to play it all day. Re-ordering on Amazon would've had it here Sunday, so that was not gonna work for me.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-29, 03:38   Link #4369
DarkShame2

Replaying Golden Sun.
Old 2020-11-29, 04:58   Link #4370
Golden Lily

Playing Dark Souls after beating Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne and Sekiro and wow...this made me realize how many anti-frustration features were added since then. The bonfires are so far away from each other (it's a pain in the arse after dying to a boss), there's no fast travel from what I can see, you can't stand up fast enough after pressing O and I'm still not sure how Estus Flasks work here (sometimes I have 15 of them, other times only 5).
I enjoy the game, but tracing the same path to the boss every time you die is very tedious and frustrating.
Old 2020-11-29, 06:35   Link #4371
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Currently on a Pokémon spree: Just started Moon, have an on-going 2nd run in Y and White 2.
Old 2020-11-29, 10:57   Link #4372
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Since my last post here a year ago, I'm still playing BDO, but more on a serious scale in terms of both PvP and PvE. I recently got back into Total War: Warhammer II again. Haven't decided to drop some $$ on the Autumn sale for some DLCs I've missed including the new one coming out this week. I also got back into Planetside 2 again just a tad bit.

Old 2020-12-13, 05:40   Link #4373
aradiralamii

Playing Total War: Warhammer 2 as high elves, One of the greatest strategy games ever, this game is absolutely amazing so it has extremely addictive gameplay and It's unbelievably well balanced considered the number of different races.
aradiralamii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-13, 12:33   Link #4374
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by aradiralamii View Post
Playing Total War: Warhammer 2 as high elves, One of the greatest strategy games ever, this game is absolutely amazing so it has extremely addictive gameplay and It's unbelievably well balanced considered the number of different races.
I picked up the DLC for this, but had been waiting for Radious's overhaul mods to update and then Cyberpunk came out. Will definitely return to this DLC soon enough!

Old 2020-12-14, 09:28   Link #4375
aradiralamii

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
I picked up the DLC for this, but had been waiting for Radious's overhaul mods to update and then Cyberpunk came out. Will definitely return to this DLC soon enough!
Which DLC you picked up? The Twisted & The Twilight or The Warden & The Paunch?
Old 2020-12-17, 03:21   Link #4376
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Which DLC you picked up? The Twisted & The Twilight or The Warden & The Paunch?
The Twisted & The Twilight. I already have the Paunch dlc. I just reread your original post and thought you were talking about DLC haha. If you are looking for mods, I highly recommend checking our Radious's overhaul mod on the steam workshop. I can't play any Total War series with his overhauls.

Old 2020-12-20, 05:11   Link #4377
aradiralamii

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
The Twisted & The Twilight. I already have the Paunch dlc. I just reread your original post and thought you were talking about DLC haha. If you are looking for mods, I highly recommend checking our Radious's overhaul mod on the steam workshop. I can't play any Total War series with his overhauls.
Thanks for the recommendation my friend, Definitely I will try Radious's overhaul mod, it seems in new DLC they add powerful units to the wood elves, especially the BLADESINGERS just look at this video:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-12-20, 22:01   Link #4378
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation my friend, Definitely I will try Radious's overhaul mod, it seems in new DLC they add powerful units to the wood elves, especially the BLADESINGERS just look at this video:
Yeah they do. I think the Stag cavalry are mega strong. I'm honestly not a fan of the bladesingers though. Great thing about the Radious overhaul mods is that he also has added custom units to each faction. His overhaul has a part 1 and part 2 to it, but if you look into his steam workshop profile, there are another 5-10 custom units and stuff made by him and/or through working with others.

Old 2020-12-21, 16:10   Link #4379
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Currently playing Nioh 2, and it blows my MIND how all the cheese has been removed from the game. Weaker sloth talisman, locked behind a few extra skills, item limit for throwing weapons, no skill points for boosting magic/ninjutsu, no passive bonuses on ki/life (except samurai tree) or even damage, it all comes down to the weapons you choose to master.

The addition of anima makes the game more interesting, as it's another resource to kill enemies but also a really heavy burden if you got no anima to burst counter. Also, the other realm functions in this game as the yokai realm was meant to in the original; completely stumps your ki recovery, unless you're brave enough or find the realm master. Phantom graves are awesome for the hard parts of the game, a very welcome addition, and co-op is very satisfying as well.

I'm only at the second region, but story-wise it seems on the lighter side. That's what you get for having a mute protagonist to customize...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-24, 20:13   Link #4380
Mazryonh

Currently playing Star Wars: Squadrons, and it's probably the best Star Wars game we've had in quite a while. We haven't had a proper flight sim set in the Star Wars universe for more than 20 years now (the last one, X-Wing Alliance, was in 1999). It's great if you're using VR and even better if you've got a joystick and throttle for it.

It was one of those rare games that gets a 10/10 rating from a critic as harsh as Angry Joe, and he even asked for more starfighters in the game and more multiplayer modes. He got the first part of his wish at least in the 4.0 update.

Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote