Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2022-06-16, 15:48   Link #1881
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
But I am kinda of surprised that P5R would be release on Game Pass first before Steam.
It's possible that it will launch the same day on both Game Pass and Steam.
Old 2022-06-16, 20:54   Link #1882
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
It's possible that it will launch the same day on both Game Pass and Steam.
October 21 should be the universal release but Microsoft bought first dibs on the announcement and priority in all the ads.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-28, 12:24   Link #1883
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Looks like Switch port beggars finally got their Persona. I might buy P3P on Switch just so I can actually play it portable. Hopefully Atlus can get past 12 FPS on the Switch ports though... their track record so far isn't great with SMT V and Nocturne.
Old 2022-06-28, 17:55   Link #1884
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

P3P looks so bad, especially after seeing what SE is doing with Crisis Core.
Old 2022-06-28, 18:42   Link #1885
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Looks like Switch port beggars finally got their Persona. I might buy P3P on Switch just so I can actually play it portable. Hopefully Atlus can get past 12 FPS on the Switch ports though... their track record so far isn't great with SMT V and Nocturne.
Never really understood those beggars. You can fight using demons in SMT just fine, and you don't have to listen to funky music and singing.
Also this is the Switch, which has games like Xenoblade 2, plenty of girls with cuter designs (especially the faces), and a bunch of galges that ran away from Sony Censors. Also already have other JRPG ports like Shining Resonance, character designs by Tony Taka.

But whatever. If they are happy.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-28, 21:37   Link #1886
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Also already have other JRPG ports like Shining Resonance, character designs by Tony Taka.
Shining Resonance was just sort of meh to me. I had a lot of fun with Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE though, even though the censorship was kind of ridiculous.

I'm partial to the meme that Persona fans can finally play Persona for the first time.
Old 2022-06-29, 04:34   Link #1887
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Well, console loyalty (or the opposite of a bought-in disdain of the opposite party) is still a thing for many gamers, even though I don't share this sentiment. Not counting any self-perceived issues some have with PC gaming. I am actually happy for them, the more if they end up liking Persona.
Old 2022-06-29, 07:42   Link #1888
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Never really understood those beggars. You can fight using demons in SMT just fine, and you don't have to listen to funky music and singing.
Also this is the Switch, which has games like Xenoblade 2, plenty of girls with cuter designs (especially the faces), and a bunch of galges that ran away from Sony Censors. Also already have other JRPG ports like Shining Resonance, character designs by Tony Taka.

But whatever. If they are happy.
SMT and Persona really aren't the same. I can understand Switch players wanting them on their platform too, especially when they were announced everywhere else.
Old 2022-06-29, 08:52   Link #1889
Twi

SMT & Persona are different enough that they removed the SMT from Persona. It's become its own entity entirely.
Old 2022-06-29, 09:05   Link #1890
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I love my Switch don't get me wrong (I have the Animal Crossing one, OLED not worth) I just think the port begging is kinda funny and some of the more vocal beggars have become Twitter (in)famous.

P5R seems to be getting a Switch (and XBox) physical release so I might actually buy the cartridge for Switch but I'd rather play it on PC... I played vanilla P5 so I guess I'm not in a rush either way, though I sold PS4 my before Royal came out.
Old 2022-06-29, 11:15   Link #1891
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I love my Switch don't get me wrong (I have the Animal Crossing one, OLED not worth) I just think the port begging is kinda funny and some of the more vocal beggars have become Twitter (in)famous.

P5R seems to be getting a Switch (and XBox) physical release so I might actually buy the cartridge for Switch but I'd rather play it on PC... I played vanilla P5 so I guess I'm not in a rush either way, though I sold PS4 my before Royal came out.
I highly recommend Royal. It is that much better than 5. I couldn't believe they were able to improve on what felt like an almost perfect game but they did. Pacing issues are gone, the new characters feel well integrated enough and they fixed the most annoying bits of the palaces. Highly recommend playing it even if you played 5.
Old 2022-06-29, 14:38   Link #1892
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Shining Resonance was just sort of meh to me. I had a lot of fun with Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE though, even though the censorship was kind of ridiculous.

I'm partial to the meme that Persona fans can finally play Persona for the first time.
It's Tony Taka. He's famous for the fact the games he designs for are meh.
But it was on sale for like $15, so yeah, bought it

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-22, 10:51   Link #1893
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Saw the news a couple days ago and forgot to post about it. As expected, there will be no upgrade option for PS4 owners of the game. If they want the PS5 version, they're "encouraged" to buy it.

I don't know what the price will be, but I expect no less than 40$. Probably closer to 50$. I'm betting it's going to be a lazy port too, basically unlocking the framerate, which could have been done on the PS4 Pro in the first place.

I'm mad because I gave in and brought Royal last year after hearing all those praises. Never got around to playing it, so I figured the PS5 version would be a good opportunity. I'm not paying full price for it unless there are significant improvements (lol), even if I basically got it for free by selling my Steelbook Edition of vanilla P5.

My last hope is that they do what Rockstar did for GTAV: heavily discount it for the first X months on PS5. I'd happily buy it for 10$. This gen has made me realize how much 30fps suck.

And yes, I'm aware nobody is putting a gun to my head and I could just play the PS4 version, but it's a matter of principle. Same reason I'm not going to pay 80$ for The Last of Us Remake.
Old 2022-07-22, 14:22   Link #1894
Shadow5YA

I doubt there will be any discount at all.

Atlus doesn't seem to care or have any incentive to get their base to upgrade to PS5 unlike studios for AAA franchises like Square Enix with FF7R or Rockstar with GTA.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-22, 18:02   Link #1895
The Green One

It's not like it's hard to get Persona 5 Royal these days. I very frequently see it on sale. Heck pretty sure it's on sale right now.
Old 2022-07-22, 18:19   Link #1896
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I doubt there will be any discount at all.

Atlus doesn't seem to care or have any incentive to get their base to upgrade to PS5 unlike studios for AAA franchises like Square Enix with FF7R or Rockstar with GTA.
It's less about that and more about them being greedy assholes. Shit, some games got free upgrades, like Resident Evil 2, 3, and 7 recently. Some people are saying someone should send Atlus a calling card on Twitter, would be a fun way to call them out on their bad practice.

If the PS5 version had a tons of improvements, I would get it, but as I said, I'd be surprised if they do anything more than add 60fps. Something plenty of developers have done to PS4 games with a simple free patch.
Old 2022-07-23, 07:57   Link #1897
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
P3P is the most feature rich and the only version where you can control your party members, so it's not surprising that they went with that version.

I really hope that they at least add the anime cutscenes back in though...
There's literally mods to add that feature in FES. It's not that hard for Atlus to do it if they wanted to. And did you just claim that P3P is the more feature rich of the two? It has more regression in it than FES.
btw

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The Modding Community are doing a Remaster of P3FES and P3P themselves (Party Control Feature included) because a lot are not satisfied with what Atlus is doing.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-23, 18:04   Link #1898
The Green One

Well until they get hit with a cease and desist.
Old 2022-10-21, 00:20   Link #1899
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So Persona 5 Royal just appeared with a price tag on non-PS platform...

It's $100 AUS...FOR A GAME OUT FOR 4 YEARS...

I am waiting until it hits $30 and I don't care how long it takes...

And the same for Persona 3 Portable...This is just utter greed...
Old 2022-10-21, 01:51   Link #1900
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
There's literally mods to add that feature in FES. It's not that hard for Atlus to do it if they wanted to. And did you just claim that P3P is the more feature rich of the two? It has more regression in it than FES.
btw

The Modding Community are doing a Remaster of P3FES and P3P themselves (Party Control Feature included) because a lot are not satisfied with what Atlus is doing.
Those mods are run through a PS2 emulator with likely illegally downloaded BIOS.
You also fail to mention how many years it took for fans to reverse engineer the game to get to the point where they can mod the game like that.

They were also not able to mod FeMC's route into FES and had to leave it as its own game.

Comparing adding FeMC and party control to historically messy PS2 code to just simply porting P3P with much likely much cleaner source code is nowhere near the same level of effort.

I also don't recall ever saying that Atlus "couldn't", just that again, P3P is clearly less effort.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
persona 5, ps3, shin megami tensei