3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-01-12, 12:46   Link #121
sakutsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSNxPhantom View Post
Just a reminder to everyone, there is one exception to that: Lelouche. Remember right before he killed Clovis he said that he was the second in line to the throne, and all he has to do is get rid of the first line to the throne, which I think which I think was Clovis. The fall of one king leads to the rise of another.
-Signed out
Lelouche isn't the second line to the throne. He was the 17th. The first line to the throne is probably the first prince since the second prince is the second line to the throne. The order to the throne is by order of birth.
sakutsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 12:58   Link #122
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Lelouch is IIRC the eighth prince and indeed the seventeenth in line. The first prince (and therefore first descendant) - and successor to the throne is the bearded guy seen at Clovis' funeral. The second in line is Schneizel, the second prince.
Old 2007-01-12, 13:07   Link #123
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackadaisical View Post
Spoiler for Episode 13:

Spoiler for Episode 14 Speculation:
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 13:29   Link #124
Lackadaisical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Lackadaisical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 13:29   Link #125
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
I also see all this conversation as a testament to the quality of the writer.

As for brittannia having a king... not a huge suprise. The monarchy is still alive and well today and if in hard times, the parliment fails miserably and is unable to change the situation, the people will be willing to look to a strong king/queen for leadership.

and boy nanaya, you sure have the hots for suzaku lol.

While you have some points, I think you see the situation as one sided againt lulu as we see it against suzaku.

Both have their merits and points and they do it for very different reasons.

Lelouche is out for revenge and to give his sister a future (since she can't defend herself should they be discovered) His methods are hard and there will be civillian casualties. He is not going out of his way for them though.
Lelouche did not order a landslide to pass the time. It was Cornelia that assoulted the mountain and turned this place in a battlefield.
That there were civillians in danger was her fault because she had the means to warn them. (let's not even get into WHAT exactly Shirleys father was doing)
Lelouche is aware that this path of his means walking over a lot of corpses and he makes no excuses.

Suzaku is trying to set an example for other 11's on being a honorary britannian. He joined the army to change the system from within.
I suppose for that "plan" he is on the right track. He is rising in the ranks and he made friends at the right places (euphemya likes him and cornelia respects him)

From there on I have some problems with him. As schneizel kindly pointed out, he is a hypocrit. He also refused an order to kill a civillian early on which put him on trial and I feel he only lived because of the infamous plot shield.

Blaming zero for the landslide casualties is also funny. Using the VARIS (lol) to break through the landslide was fancy... but if I recall a lot of troops were burried in there. Let's not forget the missed shots against kallen that went god knows where.
Just because you don't see your victims does not make you innocent.

To conclude this, I think what Suzaku is trying to do is fine (although unrealistic) but that he thinks he is better then zero or more just makes him the worse of the 2.

If someone told zero to kill person X, zero can tell him to go to hell.
If someone told Suzaku to kill person X, he will have to pull the trigger.

You can justify taking lives all you want, in the end your hands are still covered in blood and from there the trail connects to the families you've shattered.
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 13:35   Link #126
ImperialKnight

Finally watched this episode.

I think it's pathetic that Lelouch started doubting himself after that funeral as he simply stated that he's going to go on a path of carnage so people on both sides WILL die. I'm amazed that he's willing to sacrifice other people for his cause (Wonder how Touduo would think of Lelouch axing off the general staff) and then lie to his own men.

Quote:
That there were civillians in danger was her fault because she had the means to warn them. (let's not even get into WHAT exactly Shirleys father was doing)
The fighting was actually restricted to the mountain. The civilians however were still warned. There were soldiers and tanks going around informing all civilians to evacuate to G1. That's why people are questioning what the heck Shirley's dad was doing. But then again, no one actually expected Lelouch to cause a massive landslide that destroyed almost everything.

And Suzuka needs a reality check, he signed up to be a soldier, not a preacher Let Euphie handle that part.

And what is Diethart doing? Did he signed up just to get a close up look at how Zero operates? This guy's a true reporter.
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 13:41   Link #127
FSNxPhantom
ZOMG!!! HEAVEN'S FEEL FTW

Send a message via AIM to FSNxPhantom
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakutsuki View Post
Lelouche isn't the second line to the throne. He was the 17th. The first line to the throne is probably the first prince since the second prince is the second line to the throne. The order to the throne is by order of birth.
Disregard my previous post now.

I could have sworn that he was. Guess I need to rewatch it to understand. Kinda fuzzy and jumbled up in my mind right now. School will ruin your mind!!!
FSNxPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 13:45   Link #128
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
If someone told zero to kill person X, zero can tell him to go to hell.
If someone told Suzaku to kill person X, he will have to pull the trigger.
That's some warped logic, it makes absolutely no sense.

And suzaku hasn't killed that many people yet. The pilots all escaped form the KF's in the early eps, the first really casulties would be the terrorists with the bigass gun. After that again no kills until ep 13 where it again doesn't show him killing anyone.
So who is Suzaku killing? Dead people under the landslide that weren't even there since the slide swept them further down from the mountain, OoBK ? Civilians?

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 13:47   Link #129
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackadaisical View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 13:49   Link #130
sakutsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSNxPhantom View Post
School will ruin your mind!!!
Well... I have no doubt about school ruining our minds... =_=! but that's getting off topic *cough cough*

Assumptions by considering the princes and princesses' age
first line in throne: first prince - described as powerless by PASH! magazine I believe.
second line in throne: second prince Schneizel
third line in throne: first princess - possibly the brown hair girl who sat beside the first prince from episode 6?
fourth line in throne: second princess Cornelia

Is it just me or that the King likes to have two children per "wife"? Nannally and Lulu, Cornelia and Euphie, possible Schneizel and Clovis, and possible first princess and first prince because of their hair colour...
sakutsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 13:55   Link #131
c^2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
2) Can't believe Karen blushed when seeing Zero half naked. Or perhaps it was the tights. Lulu was half naked and in tights.
That was a wetsuit. It would appear that Lulu planted the bomb himself--that would be the "thing that he had to do." It is interesting, or perhaps frightening, that he would be prepared for such an eventuality.

In any case, this ought to put to rest the debate over Lulu's poor physical condition.
c^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 14:07   Link #132
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by c^2 View Post
In any case, this ought to put to rest the debate over Lulu's poor physical condition.
Why? He himself stated that he's in a poor condition why should some swiiming negate that?

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 14:28   Link #133
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Mmmh...to add to the already heavy pile of comparisons and likenesses to Gundam SEED/Destiny, don't you think that those amphibious KFs are eerily (and perhaps not that innocently, who knows) reminiscent of ZAFT's own UMF/SSO-3 ASSH?

Each time I see those mechs firing their torpedoes at the tanker I can't help flash back to GSD...
Old 2007-01-12, 14:39   Link #134
Lackadaisical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Lackadaisical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 15:03   Link #135
FSNxPhantom
ZOMG!!! HEAVEN'S FEEL FTW

Send a message via AIM to FSNxPhantom
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakutsuki View Post
Well... I have no doubt about school ruining our minds... =_=! but that's getting off topic *cough cough*

Assumptions by considering the princes and princesses' age
first line in throne: first prince - described as powerless by PASH! magazine I believe.
second line in throne: second prince Schneizel
third line in throne: first princess - possibly the brown hair girl who sat beside the first prince from episode 6?
fourth line in throne: second princess Cornelia

Is it just me or that the King likes to have two children per "wife"? Nannally and Lulu, Cornelia and Euphie, possible Schneizel and Clovis, and possible first princess and first prince because of their hair colour...
Thank you for explaining it to me. Makes alot of sense to me now.
I think the king just bangs the wives/concubines 2 times and goes for the next one in line
FSNxPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 15:07   Link #136
c^2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Why? He himself stated that he's in a poor condition why should some swiiming negate that?
You haven't been diving, have you? Swimming any significant distance underwater with diving gear, not to mention dragging something so large, is quite a bit of work. He may not be an olympic athlete, but "poor condition" is not an apt description of one who can do that.
c^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 15:11   Link #137
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by c^2 View Post
You haven't been diving, have you? Swimming any significant distance underwater with diving gear, not to mention dragging something so large, is quite a bit of work. He may not be an olympic athlete, but "poor condition" is not an apt description of one who can do that.
hmmm my little brother (6 years old XD) went on a diving trip with me over the holiday. He seems to be doing fine even with those tanks. (They even have a smaller version for kids). I have to stay close to him though. well.. my 6 years old brother is not in poor heath, but well...you got the idea...even a kid can do it.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 15:16   Link #138
etothex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
Misc Thoughts:

1) Cornellia, saved by the bell, again. She needs to give up, people on losing streaks in Sunrise series stay on losing streaks, until they either die or convert to the main character's cause.

2) Can't believe Karen blushed when seeing Zero half naked. Or perhaps it was the tights. Lulu was half naked and in tights.

3) Every time I read somebody posting "Has Lulu geassed Shirley"? I see "Has Lulu goosed Shirley?"

4) How the hell did Britain with 300-500 years of parliamentary sovereignty turn into a King-ruled Britannia? Just a Britannia I can understand (lol) but not one ruled by an Emperor.
Agree with point 1. Kinda getting sick of fighting the same opponent and letting them run off. And seriously. WHY the F isn't Zero considering tactics where the Lancelot shows up. I really dislike how the writers still have him going "Again! you're getting in my way".

Hmm, point 3, doesn't it seem like Viletta is going to be in danger now? If L gets info from Shirley, and finds out someone is investigating him, he could find out who it is. Finding it to be Viletta, he'd have to kill her, since he can't geass her. OH NOES!! She's too hot to die! You know Viletta won't give up easily either, as L is her only lead. We've heard spoilers about Jeremiah, but what about Viletta?

For point 4, you're forgetting that the Emperor has something to do with Jupiter, and looks like CC's race as well. I was thinking that Clovis was experimenting behind the Emp's back because he knew about and wanted some of the power, which hopefully we'll learn a bit more about next ep. Emperor probably gained some form of Geass and used it to take over.

This ep wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. From the preview on ep 12, I thought it'd be like in Blood+ where Saya gets all whiny. For many episodes. Lelouch is only human, so he has doubts, but they better not waste any more episodes dwelling on it, this season or next. I do have a gripe with Shirley showing up at the warzone. I can understand the need to know, and desire for revenge, but considering the happy demeanor we are used to seeing on her, it shouldn't be easy for her to point a gun at somone (she seems to me to be the character least likely to hold a gun, next to Nunnally), unless she is losing it. Of course, after seeing Zero's face, that may well happen.

Last edited by etothex; 2007-01-12 at 15:37.
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 19:06   Link #139
BlueNikko

Ep 13 turned out just like I thought... poor lulu...>_<...

I quite like the new ED~ IMO, it's so much better than the new OP~

Here's a link to watch it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMCvfBd1t3Q
BlueNikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 19:29   Link #140
blablablub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
don't you think that those amphibious KFs are eerily reminiscent of ZAFT's own UMF/SSO-3 ASSH?
I tend more to the Goohn, i mean the shoting sequence of the Topredos is like the one from the Goohn.

But yeah when i watched it the first thing that came to my mind was Hell it looks like from GS.
blablablub. is offline   Reply With Quote