AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-12-31, 08:02   Link #49721
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Happy new years day kiddo.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 08:06   Link #49722
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Note: NEVER CALL ME KIDDO!

Plus, I've got this idea of the Play: What if we try Hamlet, with Ichika as the Prince and Chifuyu as his Mother?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 08:19   Link #49723
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

But you're Seven!

Quote:
"Keep Awake, Ichika. Don't lose yourself into the temptation of infinite knowledge"

"Infinite... Knowledge..."

"You are not ready. I am not ready. No one is ready. If you try to uncover the secrets of time, you'll perish, physically and mentally. Your very existence, to the very last string that bind you to the reality, will be cut off and erased. Not only your existence will vanish, but so is the memories of people about you. A fate worse than death, if I may say"

"-Sarla mea hyzik yo, Was ki ra gyuss lir-"

"-Was yea ra sonwe hymmnos mea-"

"-sarla oz soare, won dor-"

"-Was yea ra sonwe hymmnos mea-"

[SAFETY LOCK DISABLED]

"LISTEN TO MY SONG, BYAKUSHIKI!"

[OVERSHIFT ENGAGE]

"FULL POWER, TOWARD THE PATH WE FORGE!"

[OVERBOOST]
Welp, I remember again how bad Kouki Uchiyama sing...
Old 2013-12-31, 08:40   Link #49724
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
But you're Seven!

Welp, I remember again how bad Kouki Uchiyama sing...
Isn't that?...

Never mind.
Old 2013-12-31, 08:49   Link #49725
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I am the cold steel, I am yada yada yada... something-something-men... the end has come!

So the idea that basically people are being given the right of sanctioned wildcoe user by the sentient wildcores who I call, for now, the providences. Normally the right is given to a very select few, but PROPHET has broken this rule and given i to a multitude of people.

If you were the representative wise people of a race and one of you decided that the right to interact with your people was to become widespread and sudden as compared to the originally planned "little at a time" strategy, what would your feelings be?
Reminds me of the whole philosophical debate with Bayformers' Sentinel Prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Is it incest if it's your sibling's body but you're in love with a separate consciousness possessing it?
It's called Valvwincest. (Ba dum tst)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 09:21   Link #49726
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Hey Wavehawk, Ichika is a Timelord and Batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Never, ever give Phantom Task automatons. It's going to be a real pain in the ass (I'm assuming these automatons are the ones from 00). They might even kill Ichika (although their guns might finally penetrate his thick skull).
That... is the entire point. Make the threat an actual threat.

Like, why have only 1 Golem when you can have several, every week! Even a Golem Of The Week?!

Why have a brainless harem lead when you can have a competent guy who knows random facts, has a bromance with his unit's designer Gotanda Dan, can be blinded by single-minded fury against the people who destroyed his family, is good with a sword but bad with an IS until he figures out the trick?!

Why have an angry dumbass kendo wannabe when you can have an intense tsundere trying so hard to perfect her swordcraft to the point of burning everyone around her, only to realize that her sole weakness could be her greatest strength, and through the experience grow as a warrior and a woman?!

Why have an airheaded Jesus Yamato ripoff when you can have a multi-billion dollar shipping tycoon who is accompanied by a trusty butler that in the day is a class representative and a wannabe masked vigilante in the night, all while struggling to hold on to the last of her crumbling empire and nursing a hatred for men?!

Why have a throwaway yandere character from China when you can have a kung fu master chef who's main appeal is cooking up a storm all while doing windmilling spear drills and ridiculous leg splits? And why only make her a partial copy of the first osananajima when you can take it all the way: personal units, red paint, dual-wielding, make their character niches overlap almost perfectly then have them fight it out both on the field, and in the battle of the heart?! And why a standard pilot suit when she can wear a China dress?!

Why ruin Dunois when you can keep her just the way she is and have an epic arc at the same time?!

Why have a super soldier in name only when you can have her, her command squad, a cool grimdark lore, a palpable reason to fight, a real reason and dedication to kill Ichika, an order to do it with extreme prejudice, and have everything play out like a universal soldier she is?!

All while taking the bland undeveloped setting and EXPLODE IT INTO A CONFLICT ACROSS ALL LEVELS OF THE TWISTED WORLD?!

[The Infinite Stratos] is all about taking the original material and SUPERCHARGING it until you just stop short of a World of Ham. Furthermore, keep adding harem members in a tasteful, interesting manner, and develop each girl in the most delicious manner.

REALIZE THE FULL POTENTIAL OF THIS FAILED FRANCHISE!!
Old 2013-12-31, 09:30   Link #49727
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

...I give up! Meister, what you are doing must be the epitome of your eccentric.
Old 2013-12-31, 09:36   Link #49728
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
...I give up! Meister, what you are doing must be the epitome of your eccentric.
Let's just say I realized a few things while watching Bayformers and Star Lensflare what looks cool.
Old 2013-12-31, 09:43   Link #49729
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I once toyed with a one-shot showing an actually competent opponent attacking the I.S Academy.

EXALT specifically.

I stopped it after it became apparent that it was a stomp...for the EXALT. I don't think there's much that Academy can do against a dedicated terrorist force that actually knows what's it doing.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 09:45   Link #49730
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Meh, even in my wildest dream - Which Ichika as Ninja Cyborg Snake fight against TSF and Orbital Frame with his Buster Sword, it still not reach this level.

Also, does everyone agree that the last battle must always be space?
Old 2013-12-31, 09:48   Link #49731
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

It could take an exactly one well-trained operative to drug the faculty's coffe supply, and kill everyone - Chifuyu included - before the actual attack starts.

I mean, Jesus, they don't even have sentries on the monorail!

As for space, nothing beats blowing up a lot of stuff in Low Earth Orbit, and then descending to Earth on-top of some debris, surfing it like a surf board.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 10:01   Link #49732
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm...It's a school after all. Not even under UN's juradition. If it was, maybe it would be much more security, however with the fact that Japan funds the school and yet still doesn't hold authority, it's like a war between countries and cooperations to control it. Plus, Chifuyu doesn't want people to snuff their nose to the frozen Kuzuhara underground.
Old 2013-12-31, 10:39   Link #49733
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
I once toyed with a one-shot showing an actually competent opponent attacking the I.S Academy.

EXALT specifically.

I stopped it after it became apparent that it was a stomp...for the EXALT. I don't think there's much that Academy can do against a dedicated terrorist force that actually knows what's it doing.
Exactly.

However, I tried to combat that in The Infinite Stratos with lots of "hidden" technology, like passive scanning, prediction algorithms, and also making the teachers themselves being more prominent. Not to mention mercenaries and security guards. And even 3rd year seniors themselves are capable combatants.

Having the Princess of Japan enrolled in ISA helps with giving JDSF the excuse to deploy their own IS Gladiators. Of course it leads to a bit of international jitters, but hey more fun for the setting! And allows the "formation" of the idol troupe [Imperial Defense Squadron - Samurai Sentai Uchigane]!

(Not to mention adds more dangerous women into Ichika's life)
Old 2013-12-31, 11:19   Link #49734
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Happy New Year Everyone!

Old 2013-12-31, 11:21   Link #49735
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Or, as I would put it, Baka Sentai+Baka Rider=Badass Baka

Question: If the girls found their IS awaken and starting to copy their personalities - like infants, then what would they do?
Old 2013-12-31, 11:24   Link #49736
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Or, as I would put it, Baka Sentai+Baka Rider=Badass Baka

Question: If the girls found their IS awaken and starting to copy their personalities - like infants, then what would they do?
Go to Ichika and then claim that he/she is his son.
Old 2013-12-31, 11:37   Link #49737
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Nope! I want to see their "mother" side.

Another idea: Ichika "accidentaly" found himself under a tunnel on ISA island, which lead to the Core of the Earth which is inhabbited by Intelligent Humanoid Dinosuar. Oh, and they have Zyuranger, Abaranger and Kyouranger plus OOO stuck in PuToTyra .
Old 2013-12-31, 12:14   Link #49738
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Is making Ichika an unwitting homewrecker a good thing or a bad thing?
Old 2013-12-31, 12:40   Link #49739
Eratas123

Depends on the genre of the story.
Old 2013-12-31, 12:52   Link #49740
demino_hellsin
That one guy

standard action shonen with a hint of drama and romance?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest