Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2020-06-14, 05:02   Link #1
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Persona 4 Golden (PC - Steam)

Persona 4 Golden has released on Steam!

Color me surprised. I read that they were working on a PC port but damn didn't think it was today, June 14.

I've basically played the original and the Golden version to death, and maintain that Golden is the version P4 was always meant to be, so it's a no brainer for me to get it again especially when in my region it's just like $15 for one of the greatest JRPGs ever made. Just a reminder of course that this is a port with a bit of remastering so you have higher resolution and some graphics options like AA, but the game definitely shows its age.

Also Chie and Naoto are equal best girls fiight me.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2020-06-14 at 05:12.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-14, 09:37   Link #2
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

A friend gifted it to me today. I played the original in full but not Golden. So I look forward to seeing Kana Hanazawa in the fold that was already pretty darn strong. I think I'll soft set finishing a comprehensive playthrough for Dec 31st.

The true upside is the hope of P5 hitting Steam as well. Catherine dominated Steam for weeks when it came out. If P4 does this too, it looks promising.
Old 2020-06-15, 08:04   Link #3
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
My ultimate wish would be a Persona 3 Definitive Edition that combines FES and Portable version. Persona 3 although it's not as popular as Persona 4, set the groundwork for Persona games after it (i.e. the modern hybrid JRPG/simulation/dating sim structure that Persona is known for) since Persona 1 and 2 were drastically different (and generally inferior) games.

My other wish would be if some of the Devil Digital Saga or Devil Summoner games get ported to PC as well.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-15, 17:47   Link #4
The Green One

Apparently practically 30k people are playing this game currently right now on Steam. That's pretty popular.
Old 2020-06-16, 01:54   Link #5
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Apparently practically 30k people are playing this game currently right now on Steam. That's pretty popular.
And I'm one of them
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-17, 09:59   Link #6
Chosen_Hero

Good to see that now this game will be stuck on the PC and people that don't use PC to play games are forced to either play it there against their will or be screwed over and not play it at all... how nice.
Old 2020-06-17, 17:28   Link #7
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Good to see that now this game will be stuck on the PC and people that don't use PC to play games are forced to either play it there against their will or be screwed over and not play it at all... how nice.
Wat? It's still out there for PS Vita for 10 Euros (or $20 ), so you could always search for a used PSTV + memory card if you have a controller and a TV.
Old 2020-06-17, 18:16   Link #8
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The game is so old a potato can play it.
Old 2020-06-18, 06:52   Link #9
Random14

Its probably nostalgia but playing it on a computer screen makes the game look much better (not that its hard to outdo the tiny Vita screen or the old PS2 version). Though some of the cutscenes stutter a bit for some reason but that's a minor thing.

I'm happy they ported it to PC, even though I still have my old Vita still lying around. Even better it includes both the English and Japanese audio (don't think the Vita version had that option).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-18, 08:27   Link #10
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The main good thing about the PC version is, obviously, MODS!

In fact I remember reading somewhere some time ago a rumor that there was a planned romance for the Magician Social Link (if you know which character this is you'd understand why it would have been a big deal).
Old 2020-06-25, 09:50   Link #11
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm glad they did port this thing over. Of course I can and probably will just keep on using my Vita version. It still works great. But, nothing wrong with people having much more access to such a good game.
Old 2020-08-09, 17:53   Link #12
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, Playthrough 1 done. Now time for Playthrough 2 to get the last few achieves I didn't get. Certainly more stuff for character moments/memories which is welcome. Card Shuffle in Golden makes the dungeons a lot more doable compared to the original. Levelling was easier by a long way.