AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-03-08, 00:50   Link #3641
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Hey Umineko fans,

I've just released a new version of ONScripter-EN that should run a lot nicer, and (hopefully) clears up some of those odd crashes. Give it a try: http://onscripter.denpa.mobi/?page_i...ripter-current

Of course, if it still crashes let me know ^^;

Uncle Mion
Old 2010-03-08, 12:16   Link #3642
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0w75 View Post
ARGHH...I've just about 100%ed the JLPT 2 and I STILL CAN'T READ IT....MURRRRR....
Oh well. Always have and always will love the patches. ^.^
Dictionaries/AGTH are your friend. Trust me, it's somehow less painful than it seems, especially if you're using something like Rikaichan (for Firefox) and your grammar knowledge is really solid. (search "AGTH Rikaichan" for a good tutorial on how to do this)

But yeah, it's always more fun to go back and read it with the awesome English translation . Go Witch-Hunt!

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 16:05   Link #3643
June 1983

Just got my copy of EP 6 in the mail today, installed the patch and played the translated part. <3 It was awesome! Good work guys!
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 02:07   Link #3644
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Hey Umineko fans,

Know how when you start up Umineko 4 or the Chirus, it takes a really long time before the title shows up in the caption and the game actually starts?

Well, I've got a brand-new ONScripter-EN that you'll definitely want to try, since it makes that massive delay go away! Along with a few other minor fixes.

Sure this release is pretty soon after the last one, but it was just too good to keep it from you guys for much longer

It's been pretty well tested, but please let me know if you have problems.

Enjoy!
Uncle Mion
Old 2010-03-10, 06:11   Link #3645
Number1-Syaoran-Fan
Your's In Gold, Beatrice

I ran Umineko with the new ONScripter, but at the title screen, i hit v to change volume, but it doesn't work and then I can't click on any of the options. They still light up when I move the cursor to them but I can't click them.

EDIT: The same thing happens in-game. I can't advance the text after hitting v. And I can't change the volume with v either.

"I... I really like your bow."

Last edited by Number1-Syaoran-Fan; 2010-03-10 at 06:59.
Number1-Syaoran-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 11:17   Link #3646
Judoh
Mystery buff

I didn't make this, but I thought you guys at witch hunt might find it funny.

Spoiler for surprise:
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 13:05   Link #3647
griffing

New translated umineko tip to add to the list (credit to crystalweaver):

"Labor Thanksgiving Day Gifts"

griffing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 15:02   Link #3648
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1-Syaoran-Fan View Post
I ran Umineko with the new ONScripter, but at the title screen, i hit v to change volume, but it doesn't work and then I can't click on any of the options. They still light up when I move the cursor to them but I can't click them.

EDIT: The same thing happens in-game. I can't advance the text after hitting v. And I can't change the volume with v either.
Hi #1Sya-Fan,

I'm not reproducing the problem, so here's a few questions:

Does the volume change menu show up at all? Note that it won't display the window caption with the menu if you're in fullscreen mode.

Did you hit Esc to exit the volume change menu? Does hitting Esc do anything useful when you can't click buttons or advance? You might have to hit it twice to fully exit the volume change menu.

What operating system are you using?

Uncle Mion
Old 2010-03-11, 06:21   Link #3649
Number1-Syaoran-Fan
Your's In Gold, Beatrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
Hi #1Sya-Fan,

I'm not reproducing the problem, so here's a few questions:

Does the volume change menu show up at all? Note that it won't display the window caption with the menu if you're in fullscreen mode.

Did you hit Esc to exit the volume change menu? Does hitting Esc do anything useful when you can't click buttons or advance? You might have to hit it twice to fully exit the volume change menu.

What operating system are you using?

Uncle Mion
Thank you so much. I was in fullscreen mode the whole time. I tried it out in fullscreen and smallscreen and it works for both now. I guess I just needed to know what I was doing. Thanks again! Oh. And if it helps, I'm running vista and this new version is working great!

"I... I really like your bow."
Number1-Syaoran-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 18:05   Link #3650
Judoh
Mystery buff

Does curry mean anything other than food? It sounds like Chie sensei from Higurashi wrote the synopsis scene. I've never heard of anyone "Currying" someone's faith in them.

Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 18:11   Link #3651
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

"to curry with" as a verb does mean what WH translated it to mean. When you "curry favor with" someone, you use flattery or other means to gain their approval and trust. In context, this is entirely correct.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 17:05   Link #3652
Midori_Eggs
Magical Gohda Chef~!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask ;_;
You know how whenever Dlanor speaks, the last word of her sentences are always in caps? I was wondering why it's like that and what it was like in the japanese version. If anyone could tell me, that would be great :]
Midori_Eggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 17:34   Link #3653
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

In the original text Dlanor ends her sentences with katakana characters, and that only happens with words that are only 2 characters long, most commonly with "desu" which in katakana is the transliteration of the english word "death".

The use of katakana in this case is probably meant to give a robotic vibe to Dlanor's speech, since katakana are often associated with machine language.

This kind of thing kinda got lost in the translation but there weren't really many viable options. Witch Hunt probably decided to be consistent with the system they used to convert the katakana names of witches in capital letters, however this might give the false impression that Dlanor is shouting the ending words of her sentences, since this is how words in capital letters are commonly interpreted by the western audience.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 20:10   Link #3654
chronotrig

The plan is to use a different font for those instead, but Onscripter doesn't support that. We might be moving over to the Ponscripter system sooner or later to fix that.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 16:07   Link #3655
Tomoya-kun
Live the life you love
*Author

Just got EP 6 in the mail today! I can't wait to start EP 5!

Little Busters!
Tomoya-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 14:53   Link #3656
Luna Amatista

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
The plan is to use a different font for those instead, but Onscripter doesn't support that. We might be moving over to the Ponscripter system sooner or later to fix that.
Does Ponscripter allow font changes?
Wow.
There's three Spanish translation teams, and we can't even get it to show special characters...
Spoiler for such as these:

I guess we're all newbs at programming, but still...
Thanks for all your hard work!~
Luna Amatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 14:55   Link #3657
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Yeah I and some friends where talking about doing a swedish translation but since it cant use å ä & ö we put it on hold
Old 2010-03-23, 04:30   Link #3658
Zero Sora

After not checking the Witch hunt main site for ages, I went back to check on how Episode 6 was doing. Translation is still at 6% =( I r sad
Zero Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 07:34   Link #3659
Karicakes

Send a message via MSN to Karicakes
I'm running on a Mac OS with the latest patch (1-4), and I can't get the in-game menu. A little help, please? (:

Last edited by Karicakes; 2010-03-23 at 07:45.
Karicakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 11:31   Link #3660
~Ayane~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Sora View Post
After not checking the Witch hunt main site for ages, I went back to check on how Episode 6 was doing. Translation is still at 6% =( I r sad
me is 2 =(
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation