AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-05-19, 01:09   Link #3821
chronotrig

Okay, we have a few small updates to the patch, fixing everything mentioned on this board. Links have been updated.

Small changes, but save files will probably be unusable as usual, so take care. Just save over the old saves or ignore them.

Umineko English v4.3.1
Windows: [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]
Mac: [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]
Installer-free: [WH] [Rapidshare] [Mediafire]

Many thanks once again to Mion for whipping up a new Onscripter version to get rid of that sound bug.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page

Last edited by chronotrig; 2010-05-20 at 09:24.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 01:15   Link #3822
Judoh
Mystery buff

If someone gets to rereading 1-4 with the updated patch. It'd be cool to have a review on the changes or some kind of comparison between them. I'm not asking for anything big I just want to know what people think of some of the things that were changed in the update before I get to reading it.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 17:41   Link #3823
TkMacintosh

So just to make sure, so I don't screw up my game that badly....

I download the new patch, and replace the previous version of the patch I had with the new one?
TkMacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 17:53   Link #3824
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkMacintosh View Post
So just to make sure, so I don't screw up my game that badly....

I download the new patch, and replace the previous version of the patch I had with the new one?
For the installer-free version, just delete the old patch folder and replace it with the new one.

If you're using the installer, it's easier. Just run the installer again and make sure the install location is the same as your old one (it shouldn't ask you for the disk this time).

Either way, your clear data will remain intact, but your old saves will probably be unusable, so make use of the chapter select if you're partway through an Episode.

Old 2010-05-19, 18:35   Link #3825
TkMacintosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
For the installer-free version, just delete the old patch folder and replace it with the new one.

If you're using the installer, it's easier. Just run the installer again and make sure the install location is the same as your old one (it shouldn't ask you for the disk this time).

Either way, your clear data will remain intact, but your old saves will probably be unusable, so make use of the chapter select if you're partway through an Episode.
Was there a chapter select feature last time? Or is this the first time we can use the chapter select feature?
TkMacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 18:37   Link #3826
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkMacintosh View Post
Was there a chapter select feature last time? Or is this the first time we can use the chapter select feature?
It's always been there. Just try starting up an Episode that you've already fully completed, and it'll give you the option.

Old 2010-05-19, 19:16   Link #3827
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Note that the chapter select feature requires a bit of guesswork or remembering when in the story/timeline a scene takes place, as all it gives you is the title of the scene and when it happens relative to 1986 (if at all). If you aren't entirely sure where you were in an episode, think back to how many times you saw the Umineko logo and/or the "cracking glass" effect, which usually indicate chapter breaks. You may want to go a scene or two back from where you thought you were, just in case, and skip to the point where you were.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 19:20   Link #3828
littlegal100

I have a problem with the current patch. Theres something wrong with my saves file. When I try to load any of my scenes it directs me to another scene on the game or overlaps with another scene For example.

Spoiler for saved scene:

edit: I tried making new saved scenes and those ones seems to be working just fine (although that means I need to fastforward in the beggining :/). So I guess all I need to do is delete the current ones right?

Last edited by littlegal100; 2010-05-19 at 19:38.
littlegal100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 20:30   Link #3829
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegal100 View Post
I have a problem with the current patch. Theres something wrong with my saves file. When I try to load any of my scenes it directs me to another scene on the game or overlaps with another scene For example.

Spoiler for saved scene:

edit: I tried making new saved scenes and those ones seems to be working just fine (although that means I need to fastforward in the beggining :/). So I guess all I need to do is delete the current ones right?
Well, we did warn you ^^
That's an issue with the game engine itself. We might actually be able to get around it in the future, but for now, it's unavoidable. Just avoid using saves from old patch versions and you'll be alright.

Old 2010-05-19, 20:33   Link #3830
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

That's kind of an awesome feature though. I wonder what other scenes would wind up hilariously messed up with old saves?
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 21:01   Link #3831
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Thanks for the new Episode 1-4 patch, and good luck with the Episode 6 patch, Witch Hunt!!
Old 2010-05-19, 21:15   Link #3832
Shiro Kaisen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
That's kind of an awesome feature though. I wonder what other scenes would wind up hilariously messed up with old saves?
While working on Ep. 6, I once had a save go from a scene between Eva and George to having Dlanor pop up out of nowhere.

I was exceptionally confused.
Shiro Kaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 22:08   Link #3833
De3NJ

Hey, I was going through Episode 1 and found a few lines missing from Rosa.

Spoiler for Episode 1 Scene:

It was noticeable cuz it was sort of key to the conversation...
De3NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 23:29   Link #3834
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by De3NJ View Post
Hey, I was going through Episode 1 and found a few lines missing from Rosa.

Spoiler for Episode 1 Scene:

It was noticeable cuz it was sort of key to the conversation...
I'm pretty sure that was already fixed in the update patch. Don't forget that you can't use old saves after updating.

Old 2010-05-19, 23:55   Link #3835
Icchan

Running on Mac OS X Snow Leopard -- Episode 1 v4.3.1 is currently crashing after the big lunch.
Icchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 06:25   Link #3836
Geekodot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post

It did ask me for the disk this time though.

EDIT: Forget it, was because of my computer, not the installer.

EDIT2: Wow, the desktop shortcut is really messed up though, it opens both the WH translated version with onscripter and the japanese version of the game at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEkoLXXoxo
Geekodot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 09:09   Link #3837

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekodot View Post
EDIT2: Wow, the desktop shortcut is really messed up though, it opens both the WH translated version with onscripter and the japanese version of the game at the same time.
Whoa, that's extremely strange. Are you sure you're not opening both shortcuts at the same time? There should be two shortcuts, both with the same icon, one called "Umineko no Naku Koro ni" and the other called "うみねこのなく頃に".

Also, what OS are you running? What folder name did you install the game to?

(Edit: The above is assuming you're talking about the Windows version.)
Message is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 09:32   Link #3838
Geekodot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Message View Post
Whoa, that's extremely strange. Are you sure you're not opening both shortcuts at the same time? There should be two shortcuts, both with the same icon, one called "Umineko no Naku Koro ni" and the other called "うみねこのなく頃に".

Also, what OS are you running? What folder name did you install the game to?

(Edit: The above is assuming you're talking about the Windows version.)
I'm using Windows XP and installed it to D:\Umineko4. I noticed that I got two shortcuts, but I just opened the english one, Umineko no naku koro ni. It opened both the japanese game and the english patch version for some reason.

Edit: It started just opening the english version when I deleted the japanese shortcut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEkoLXXoxo
Geekodot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 10:39   Link #3839
TenSpeed

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the game.

I've uppgraded my pc so I got a new harddrive. Witch means all my saved progress from completing all the episodes of Umineko has been lost. Now, I do know that you can unlock all the episodes up till ep 4, but you wont get ep tea party and ep ???? unlocked, aswell as the music box.

I'd like to know if there is a way to unlock these things withouth having to play through ep4 again. I do know that you can fast forward but it's way to slow if you're planing to fast forward the entire episode.

Thank you witch-hunt for making these awesome patches, you've made my life that much better. You're truly worth more props than you probably get.

p.s. I know there are alot of grammar and spelling mistakes in this text, but I don't have the time to fix it all (I'm sure you will understand what I'm trying to say anyway).
TenSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 11:04   Link #3840
Sniesk
It's Hammertime!

I think you can only do that by fast forwarding ep4...
Sniesk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation