AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-05-18, 02:33   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 539 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers released...

Quote:
-Naruto continues his “discussion” with the Kyuubi.

-Naruto tells the Kyuubi that one day he will even get rid of Kyuubi’s hatred. The Kyuubi scoffs at the very notion.

-Cut to Neji on the battlefield. He has overused his Byakugan to such an extent that his eyes are literally hurting him. Seeking healing, he heads off to the medical nins to be treated, but weird stuff is going on amongst the medical forces…a suspicious man seems to heal Neji…? (the spoilers are very nonsensical on the issue)

-Cut to Nagato and Itachi, who seem to be randomly discussing their doujutsu. Itachi comments that he has the MS, and he expects that Kabuto is waiting to use both their powers for a special purpose.

-Cut back to the medical squad, where weird stuff is happening. 3 of the Jounin have been killed, but no one seems to care. Neji scans the area with his Byakugan, but doesn’t seem to find anything.

-Meanwhile, the same suspicious man (?), seems to give Sakura a love letter (?), which she rejects claiming there is someone she likes (this entire section is very…hard to understand).

-Chapter ends with Neji, while investigating, suddenly starting to kill some of the patients…

Last edited by james0246; 2011-05-18 at 08:45.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 06:48   Link #2
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Okay so, huh.. by the looks of it, Naruto finishes talking to the Kyuubi, Neji goes to heal up at the medical squad for overusing Byakugan. Some random ninja confesses his love to Sakura (?!) but she says she loves someone else. (??)

Chapter ends with Neji donning his rape face.

Looks like Neji is being controlled somehow.

The spoilers have me really puzzled, I'm going to have to read the chapter before formulating an opinion.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 06:51   Link #3
mrShady

Spoiler for spoiler, spoiler:
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 07:07   Link #4
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Spoiler for Chapter:
Old 2011-05-18, 07:17   Link #5
Nite-Wing

well so much for things getting interesting like last chapter
Old 2011-05-18, 10:22   Link #6
Alchemist007
*Author

Detective Conan chapter?
Old 2011-05-18, 10:25   Link #7
hoshikuzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Detective Conan chapter?

That's what came to my mind too!
Old 2011-05-18, 12:33   Link #8
yakumo-chan

sakura already likes someone else....

kishimoto trying to tease the fans again hehe

well the chapter for me is boring... its more like a filler or something
Old 2011-05-18, 12:37   Link #9
AnbuItachi

I knew pain was being used, but i'm surprised Itachi doesn't know much about akatsuki.. at least thats the impression i got from the translation
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 12:39   Link #10
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
I knew pain was being used, but i'm surprised Itachi doesn't know much about akatsuki.. at least thats the impression i got from the translation
i KNEW it!

me too.. i think that Itachi still doesnt know much about akatsuki
Old 2011-05-18, 12:40   Link #11
OMchan
オムちゃん

For some reason, I wouldn't help but laugh at the look on Neji's face at the end there. Strangely enough, it made me think of Orochimaru...

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 12:50   Link #12
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Im gonna call it. Nagato will make a mini moon. Itachi will MS it. Super Mind-control this war!
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 12:55   Link #13
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

So the guy who gave the letter to was just a red herring. His suspicious behavior was just him love-stalking Sakura to throw off who it really was. I think it actually would've been fun to draw this out over a few chapters and build up the whodunnit suspense, but they revealed it to be Neji at end of the chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Looks like Neji is being controlled somehow.
Is it Neji being controlled or something else? White zetsu is able to copy the body and chakras of anyone he's had contact with....

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 12:56   Link #14
james0246

1) Tonton = Super Pig.

2) Sakura looks cute with her hair done up. Is this the first time we have seen this style from her?

That being said, this seems like a potentially weak storyline for Neji...then again, I kind of like that he wasn't simply shoehorned into a battle with his father. Here's hoping next week's chapter will keep up the mystery.

Also of note, Nagato's legs still seem to be worthless. Seemingly, his injuries have affected his very soul. But, I like that Itachi and Nagato are forced together. Here's hoping we can get a longer conversation between the two before they are forced to become fodder to Tenten or some nobody...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 12:59   Link #15
mrShady

Random guy: "I've written you a love letter"
Sakura:"Well ehm there is someone else"
Random guy: "Ow.... well I figured as much"

Whahaha if that isn't a complete waste of panels I don't know what is:P.
Seriously kishi I know you can do better. You should have watched Band of brothers and specifically the episode Bastogne, it would have given you great tips as to write some war drama.

About the neji plot. Was it me or did the moon panels indicate that he is being influenced by it or does it have some other sort of meaning?
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 13:11   Link #16
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Well, chapter's out. Pretty boring overall but, it wasn't too bad. The interaction betwee Naruto and the Kyuubi is still as fun as ever, fueling my suspicions that maybe, just maybe, the two of them will learn to get along soon enough.

-Anyway, this whole Controlled/Imposter Neji can lead to a potentially decent plot development. Heck its even possible that the reason Itachi and Nagato were shown this chapter is because they were the ones that "brainwashed" Neji. So then you can have the puppets who lost much of their free will, robbing a loving person of his free will .
Old 2011-05-18, 13:11   Link #17
Kallen4life

YES, FINALLY NAGATO & ITACHI TALK omg ^^ that panel is beyond awesome, best thing in forever, Kishi I forgive

I sure hope they come up with something productive, maybe more talk-no-jutsu with naruto, maybe Pein gives him something like Itachi did .. and Itachi's gotta meet the new Sasuke, can't pass that up

I think Madara would go to specific great lenghts to keep Itachi as much in the dark as possible, seeing as how he couldn't manipulate him and Itachi obviously wanted to kill him or at least keep him from Sasuke .. also I assume Pein was there present when he & Madara sat in that room and read the sage's tablet so he knows about the Eye of the Moon plan which Itachi likely doesn't know about - that's probably the difference in knowledge they talked about, can't think of anything other relevant about Akatsuki, they don't matter atm, just Madara

in other news, evil Neji ^^ Sakura vs Neji ?

btw, colored
Spoiler for epic bros B):
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 13:30   Link #18
qwertyuiopz

neji is so lame now compared to the chunin exams
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 13:45   Link #19
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I am betting a Zetsu clone since we saw one rape Neji before. He got his DNA. Neji never used any Hyuuga techs in this chapter, but kunai to kill. Of course that would have given him away, so forget what I just wrote.

God, I hope Sakura smacks creepy rape face Neji around.

And that guy looked a lot older than Sakura. Looking for some 16 year old tail, are you Mr. Ninja?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, this seems like a potentially weak storyline for Neji.
Very weak. This role could of been played by anyone else on the C-list of characters. Kiba, Shino, etc. Kishi just needed a Konoha kid, but not an important one. At least fighting his father would have given him some development. Now he is just a stock character. Neji has fallen on really hard times since Shippuden started.
Old 2011-05-18, 13:45   Link #20
GDB

See, people need to stop complaining that a character doesn't get adequate panel time. This is what happens when you want someone to appear more often. They get brainwashed/controlled/copied and start murdering it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Detective Conan chapter?
Not possible. The mysterious person was revealed in the same chapter they were brought up. If it were Conan, there'd be 2-3 suspicious people, each doing things that make you think they're the culprit. And it'd last... about 150+ chapters, with them only appearing every 20-30 chapters.

Oh, and one of them would either have a scar or speak broken engrish.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion