AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-04-30, 13:53   Link #501
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
After reading the manga again , i kind of agree with some people here that the Anime is just losing too many of the manga jokes by replacing em with tons of references.

I still get a good laugh even after reading the manga 3-4 times but it just doesn't happen re-watching the anime (only second time)...

On reference, some of em i don't recognise (rewatching it for order of appearance)

-Isumi kick on Hayate from the back could be reference to Kamen rider Faiz Crimson Smash (the device on her leg is similar to Faiz pointer)

-Obvious Rie-chan parody from Nagi (shakugan/Al/Bell)

-the chick on Hayate's apron refer to tokimeki piyo piyo
-Conan on the nameboard

-Marchen(Ginta,Dorothy, not sure whether the old men refer to gaira)

-Hayate being Shinji from evangelion when saying not to run away as mention by Chaos earlier, even the number of sentence is the same after i check

Last edited by raidou; 2007-04-30 at 14:40.
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 14:35   Link #502
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

bah, they censored out Hayate's incredible one shot gag..... i was so hoping to see that animated >.<
Old 2007-04-30, 16:19   Link #503
Mashimaro
q8D

A conspiracy against his cashmere~

I don't really think that was an Eva(Shinji) reference >>
Mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 16:43   Link #504
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
hey, one thing ive noticed. in the opening we see a gift (looks like a valintine/white day chocolate) for maria was there a chapter on this in the manga?

EDIT: remember spoiler tags

禁則事項です

Last edited by Mecha_Trueno; 2007-05-01 at 06:20.
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 17:16   Link #505
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
maria needs to hit her spot light more often ~ but as things are its seems that she will be pushed back a few eps later >.< this thread is in desperate need of some pics *pleads*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 17:34   Link #506
Fruitfly

I didn't know cashmere coats were so expensive
regular $1800 Cashmere Coat
^ It almost looks like the one Hayate is wearing but its black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
-Sakuya's kick on Hayate from the back could be reference to Kamen rider Faiz Crimson Smash (the device on her leg is similar to Faiz pointer)
The manga did a few references to Kamen Rider so I bet thats it. Still don't know the 3rd one

Quote:
-the chick on Hayate's apron refer to tokimeki piyo piyo
I was thinking it was Tokimeki too but I searched google and found this site: http://blog.q-taro.com/anime/maison-ikkoku/
Theres a picture of a character from Maison Ikkoku wearing the same apron.

- At the commercial, Sakuya says "Pachi Pachi Punch". This site says its from Yoshimoto-Shinkigeki.

- The painter is painting a sign with Conan on it. I bet the detective conan people are paying Synergy SP to put all those conan references in . And I think Santa Claus is back riding a bike

- The vending machine has "Synergy" on it. I guess its a reference to the production company.

- Running on trees. That can be a naruto reference maybe lol

- Ex-fansubber's Hitorigoto's blog mentions that the words around Isumi near the end say "Oro". Kenshin reference?

- I still don't get the 1st bleeped out references.
- 2nd bleeped out words is "Ultraman" and "Bestar"

They should have kept the Sakabatou reference from the manga

Last edited by Fruitfly; 2007-04-30 at 22:48. Reason: Fixing links
Fruitfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 18:06   Link #507
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

The first bleep censorship would be Nai Nai (99) and Downtown. Both of em are popular comedian duo in Japan.
Old 2007-04-30, 18:45   Link #508
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
I was thinking it was Tokimeki too but I searched google and found this site: http://blog.q-taro.com/Anime.php
Hoooo so that's it ...no wonder someone told me that actually there is real version of that apron.Thanks for the link
Quote:
The manga did a few references to Kamen Rider so I bet thats it. Still don't know the 3rd one
Yeah it came to me because there actually a few other reference to Kamen series later on(somewhere vol 9 or 10)....Sadly no one that i talk to, knew what is the 3rd one(WWF maybe )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashimaro View Post
A conspiracy against his cashmere~
I don't really think that was an Eva(Shinji) reference >>
Pretty sure it is Shinji reference.From the atmosphere and if you count the number of sentence that he said ,they matched (maybe it was coincidence *shrug* )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
maria needs to hit her spot light more often ~ but as things are its seems that she will be pushed back a few eps later >.< this thread is in desperate need of some pics *pleads*
Yeah it suck,there is really not too many good fan arts of Hayate lying around >_<...If you are not following the raw manga version this pic might looks funny
Spoiler for pics from manga, not really a spoiler:

Last edited by raidou; 2007-04-30 at 19:11.
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 19:25   Link #509
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

OOO... Someone make a recap of all the refrences so far in this episode lol. I am dying to get them all. Also one thing they haven't showed yet in the past few episodes. NO HELL BOUND NEKO-MIMI MODE!!!!!
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 21:43   Link #510
Anime Online

Am I thinking too much about it, or is there a reason/reference why Isumi's underlings are all wearing glasses?

Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 21:58   Link #511
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Spoiler for Fifth Letter for Golden Week:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 22:29   Link #512
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
bah, they censored out Hayate's incredible one shot gag..... i was so hoping to see that animated >.<
Same here. Dissapointed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
I didn't know cashmere coats were so expensive
regular $1800 Cashmere Coat
^ It almost looks like the one Hayate is wearing but its black.
Loved the "You save 20%" xD.
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 23:30   Link #513
Fruitfly

Quote:
Spoiler for pics from manga, not really a spoiler:
Awsome Hina pic. Is there a higher res version of this?
and is there any good Hayate wallpaper around?
Fruitfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 23:57   Link #514
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

What a odd episode this was. I didn't get any of the gags or jokes in this one at all.

Whoa. It's weird to hear Kana Ueda voicing for Sakuya. She needs to ease up on the coffee, heh. I'm still stuck with her role in voicing for Hayate Yagami in Nanoha.

One last thing, the scene around 8:40 shows the character's Kugimiya, Rie has voiced for, but what character was the fariy looking outfit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Am I thinking too much about it, or is there a reason/reference why Isumi's underlings are all wearing glasses?

Hmm, Mr. Smith reference? Hello...Mr...Hayate...

Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 2007-05-01 at 00:08.
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 00:24   Link #515
Kanos
Milk...

Send a message via MSN to Kanos
What're the reference during the "jab" sequence? Like when Sakuya starts beating on Hayate?

And i'm seeing alot of people saying ep5 refers to Shanna, can someone point it out? I didn't really liked that series so i didn't really pay attention to a lot of it
Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 01:22   Link #516
GriS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
And i'm seeing alot of people saying ep5 refers to Shanna, can someone point it out? I didn't really liked that series so i didn't really pay attention to a lot of it
It's one of the three scenes, a play on characters previously voiced by Nagi's seiyuu.

First one on left, I never see before. I assume its Bell from MAR, after reading this thread.
Middle one is Shana from Shakugan no Shana and last, Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist

Last edited by GriS; 2007-05-01 at 01:50.
GriS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 01:31   Link #517
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 5.

Fourth wall? What's that?

Another hilarious episode. I can see why people would get tired of the references, particular manga fans, but it's otaku humour, so they may as well run with it. I appreciate it, and I wouldn't say it's encroaching on the rest of the story or humour at this stage. I'm worried that the cast is just getting bigger and bigger with every ep, though. There's only so many gag characters a series can have before they get stale.

On the Eva parody... it's too much of a coincidence for it not to be a reference, so I'd say more likely than not it probably is.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 01:45   Link #518
GriS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Fourth wall? What's that?
It has been mentioned several times in this thread, with reply too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Wall
GriS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 01:51   Link #519
Mentar
Banned

Well, it's just as I wrote before, they're forcing the cast out very early, and the volumes covered are the weakest of the show.

Next episode we'll get Wataru and Saki, but after that, nearly all characters are covered, and we can return to seeing the MAIN characters picking up again, where things concentrate on developing the relationships between each other. Which happens to be much more interesting in the first place.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 01:52   Link #520
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Hmm, Mr. Smith reference? Hello...Mr...Hayate...

Ah, the Matrix.

How about this one? Sakuya was facing the camera and going "yar!" Is that part of a Boke-Tsukkomi comedy act? The only thing I can remember from the comedy act is the straight man will sometimes use a paper fan to correct the silly mistakes made by the partner.

Oh, and one more thing. I note that Sakuya was commenting to Nagi that the day is chilly because Hayate's gags are too cold (i.e. not funny enough). I'm guessing it's something that can't really be translated well.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp