AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 2 18.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 9.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 54.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-10-25, 19:15   Link #661
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Looks like ep. 2.
Gotta love Leila~
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 05:12   Link #662
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
Akito is probably going to die, especially since it seems that that is what he wants
Just like Lelouch!!!
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 04:32   Link #663
Destined_Fate

If they repeat a Lelouch I will be most disappointed. It will also be bad if they decide to kill off all the other characters as well.

Seems like main characters in CG aren't allowed a happy ending and they leave their lovers behind whether they die or not(Looking at you Suzaku of the Counterattack/Nightmare of Nunnally.).
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 09:24   Link #664
Xander

The main difference, or rather one of them, is Lelouch didn't really want to die until near the end of the story and most of the supporting cast survived. I'd hardly call this a repetition when the situation is far from identical.

Conversely, I'm thinking that there's a chance Akito himself might be convinced not to die, one way or another, since they've already played that card too early. You'd think Leila could be the person to change his mind. Still, at this point I do expect most of the other characters to die in battle anyway.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 15:30   Link #665
shinigami99

I secretly hope that Akito's death doesn't happen since it would bring back too many memories of Lelouch. However, I do think that a timeskip can happen and they can interact with Lelouch at some point. Maybe at the very end though.
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 22:47   Link #666
Destined_Fate

It would be repetitive considering this is the next major CG story(Unless you count the mangas which for the most part all end sad, especially if they stare Lelouch in some way) and if they kill off the main character again like Lelouch it will give the CG brand a bad name when it comes to main characters. Besides, not everything CG should end with a sad ending just to try and make it seem "deep".
Old 2012-11-11, 13:12   Link #667
Xander

Like I said before...I don't believe it's a problem. For example, I really don't think a "sad" ending equals "depth" nor does a "happy" ending equal the opposite, either way, so that's barely an issue in my book. Such judgments always depend on other factors. In context, there's more "happiness" than "sadness" for everyone not named Lelouch after the end of R2.

Not to mention that in this case the circumstances would be extremely different and we should consider Lelouch's fate was part of a rather convoluted plan he intentionally came up with to change the world, even if it only came to pass after everything else he had experienced, such as suffering a good amount of real or perceived loss.

At the same time, I don't think Akito's death would include any pretenses of needing to sacrifice himself for the sake of saving the world or whatever else. His reasons are currently unclear but appear to be more personal than anything else. Which is also why I believe there's a good chance his line of thought might be altered along the way.
Old 2012-11-11, 22:35   Link #668
azul120

Unfortunately, that included happiness given to people who didn't deserve it. Salt in an open wound.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 00:50   Link #669
shinigami99

Lol yea. I for one thought Ohgi and Todou deserved a painful death for being gullible idiots. But they had a nice, happily-ever-after ending while the people responsible for that are either dead or as "close to it" as possible (Suzaku). Needless to say, I was pissed but that's how life works sometimes. People get what they don't deserve.

I have no reason to believe that that won't happen in this OVA. However, Akito's fate is still not sealed. As said above, the fact that he mentions that he wants to die this early, probably means he is going to live. Perhaps Leila will change his mind, or maybe it has something to do with the geass cast upon him.
Old 2012-11-13, 14:33   Link #670
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Like I said before...I don't believe it's a problem. For example, I really don't think a "sad" ending equals "depth" nor does a "happy" ending equal the opposite, either way, so that's barely an issue in my book. Such judgments always depend on other factors. In context, there's more "happiness" than "sadness" for everyone not named Lelouch after the end of R2.

Not to mention that in this case the circumstances would be extremely different and we should consider Lelouch's fate was part of a rather convoluted plan he intentionally came up with to change the world, even if it only came to pass after everything else he had experienced, such as suffering a good amount of real or perceived loss.

At the same time, I don't think Akito's death would include any pretenses of needing to sacrifice himself for the sake of saving the world or whatever else. His reasons are currently unclear but appear to be more personal than anything else. Which is also why I believe there's a good chance his line of thought might be altered along the way.
I wouldn't call it happiness. Had those like Ohgi all died as well than the ending of R2 would have been somewhat better. At least that way there would be less idiots left to screw up everything that Lelouch set up.

If Akito ends up with both girls vying for his affection than his death is all but assured.
Old 2012-11-13, 14:40   Link #671
shinigami99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I wouldn't call it happiness. Had those like Ohgi all died as well than the ending of R2 would have been somewhat better. At least that way there would be less idiots left to screw up everything that Lelouch set up.

If Akito ends up with both girls vying for his affection than his death is all but assured.
It's sad but I have to agree. Other than Ohgi/Villeta (why...oh why?!), romance or even hints of it always ended badly in CG- look at Shirley (Lelouch), Suzaku (Cecile and Euphie), Lelouch (Kallen, C.C., Milly etc.). Of course, these are new writers and producers, maybe this one will upset the trend.
Old 2012-11-13, 21:26   Link #672
Lost Cause

As I stated earlier in this thread, I think we already saw the mass deaths when Akito's unit first engaged Britannian units. As for the showdown between him and Suzaku I think it will be muck like the one between Suzaku and Kallen in R2:25.
We will eventually find out, and I'm hoping they don't screw this up!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 21:35   Link #673
Xander

Let's be clear then: R2 had a bittersweet ending with more positives than negatives...for the characters themselves. That's why it can be considered happy from an in-universe perspective. Lelouch literally died with a smile on his face and the post-story picture drama(s) present(s) his closest friends and surviving family appreciating his sacrifice to make the world a better place. If you want to talk about a sad ending, the results would be considerably more depressing for them than that. In fact, the cliffhanger ending of the first season was more depressing from almost every other angle. You can criticize the undeserved survival of some, but let's not miss the big picture.

Moving on...I'm willing to bet the ending of Akito will be more somber in tone and content, structurally speaking, even if the protagonist happens to survive. We should all know the setting alone seems to suggest as much, considering the fall of the EU is inevitable and more people are likely to die in battle, proportionally speaking, than during the previous narrative. Which is precisely why a direct comparison would reveal a good number of differences vs. what we already saw.

As for the question of romance...it's still a bit too early to do anything other than throw purely speculative theories around, honestly, since nothing has happened in this direction yet. Not to mention that, if I had to guess, it's more likely only one of his real or potential love interests will live to see the finale...and that would almost certainly be Leila. Of course, we still don't know anything for sure...
Old 2012-11-14, 09:26   Link #674
rinichan

I think Akito will survive that showdown next episode... Coz I cant find any reason why EU happens to endure for almost 2 months with Lelouch having a hold on Damocles....

and the Anne girl, I am betting she will.... seriously the ED song says a lot from her, her relationship with Layla... etc....

Last edited by rinichan; 2012-11-14 at 09:38.
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 13:35   Link #675
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Let's be clear then: R2 had a bittersweet ending with more positives than negatives...for the characters themselves. That's why it can be considered happy from an in-universe perspective. Lelouch literally died with a smile on his face and the post-story picture drama(s) present(s) his closest friends and surviving family appreciating his sacrifice to make the world a better place. If you want to talk about a sad ending, the results would be considerably more depressing for them than that. In fact, the cliffhanger ending of the first season was more depressing from almost every other angle. You can criticize the undeserved survival of some, but let's not miss the big picture.

Moving on...I'm willing to bet the ending of Akito will be more somber in tone and content, structurally speaking, even if the protagonist happens to survive. We should all know the setting alone seems to suggest as much, considering the fall of the EU is inevitable and more people are likely to die in battle, proportionally speaking, than during the previous narrative. Which is precisely why a direct comparison would reveal a good number of differences vs. what we already saw.

As for the question of romance...it's still a bit too early to do anything other than throw purely speculative theories around, honestly, since nothing has happened in this direction yet. Not to mention that, if I had to guess, it's more likely only one of his real or potential love interests will live to see the finale...and that would almost certainly be Leila. Of course, we still don't know anything for sure...
That's your opinion. Lelouch dying and those like Ohgi getting a fairy tale ending ruins R2 completely for those like me. I would rather see the world burn than a hypocrite and a fool like Ohgi get such an undeserved ending while the true hero, Lelouch, is dragged into the mud while his love interests can't do anything but watch him die.
Old 2012-11-19, 14:52   Link #676
Xander

Actually, I've mostly described how the fictional characters themselves, including but not limited to Lelouch, reacted to the ending. For them, the ending isn't a source of endless anger nor a reason for feeling infinite sadness. My own personal opinion, which isn't exactly the same as their in-universe views but certainly isn't identical to yours either, doesn't really change that basic fact. But since this isn't a discussion topic about R2, there's no point in arguing any further. Everything both of us wanted to say about the subject has already been written above.
Old 2012-11-19, 14:55   Link #677
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so any info about ep 2 date?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 23:57   Link #678
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That's your opinion. Lelouch dying and those like Ohgi getting a fairy tale ending ruins R2 completely for those like me. I would rather see the world burn than a hypocrite and a fool like Ohgi get such an undeserved ending while the true hero, Lelouch, is dragged into the mud while his love interests can't do anything but watch him die.
Quote for Truth.

I agree with you completely here Destined Fate.
Old 2012-11-20, 01:44   Link #679
faiz blaster

Though I agree with the voices saying how the Ougi/Villetta wedding made a terrible ending, I also have to go along with Xander in his view that Lelouch's death was a fitting conclusion to HIS story. When you think back on the path he took until then - all the sins and sacrifices he made for the sake of his own selfish goals - for him to offer his own life for the sake of the world at the very end was sort of poetic to say the least. It served both as his redemption and an oblation to everything he held right and dear. Indeed bittersweet, but it didn't left a bad aftertaste in the mouth at all.

Going back to the main topic: so far episode 2 is set for early 2013, but no specific date has been given as of yet. Considering that the Blue Ray of episode 1 is coming out on late January, I'll say that we'll hear more about the next episodes after then.

Deaths of major characters is kind of an unspoken promise for this series, but I don't actually expect to see much of romance-based drama on Akito. So far, I can only guess that we'll have a LeilaxAkitoxAyano love triangle.
Old 2012-11-20, 02:23   Link #680
azul120

Saying his death was redemption is absurd. He didn't have to do Zero Requiem in the first place. Infact, said act caused more destruction than the rebellion that preceded it. He should have taken the agent of justice role himself, where he could have also been more help to the world alive than dead. Besides, if he deserved to die, then so did other characters like Cornelia.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote