AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-19, 10:18   Link #801
Ceath

Hmm I have to say the cliched fight ending was a bit too shounen like for me. The whole "talking heads while you should have been killing your opponent and then losing because you talked too much" plot point is just too overdone already.
IMO ep 2's fights conclusion, although also quite short, was executed much better, with the tie in to shichika's wits and semi-technical explanations.

Ep 4 looks to be improving a lot on the fighting scenes though and I hope its not one of those bait and switch trailers.

The dialogue seemed to be better this time around than ep2, however i thought the shrine maidens backstory was a bit too sudden and arbitary and not all that moving, possibly due to the low screen time of side characters in this show. I just can't seem to stop comparing katana's dialogue to bake's and finding katana lacking in the zest and tang of bake's.
Ceath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 10:28   Link #802
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

A new poster thingy plus the three episode trailer is up on the official website. The trailer showed that otter ninja which I'm excited about since he was supposedly best friends with Koumori. Maybe I'll get a flashback?
Otter Pops!
Spoiler for Screen:

Spoiler for New Character Poster:

Last edited by SquirrelLuvsPnut; 2010-03-19 at 10:40. Reason: Fudge it, I'll post it myself
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 11:33   Link #803
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

New trailer

is

holy freaking awesome.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-03-19 at 12:12.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 12:57   Link #804
LKK

Wow. But as cool as those scenes were in the trailer, I wouldn't have shown some of them and save them to be surprises in the episodes. Unless there are MUCH better scenes not yet shown, which I doubt, to be honestly cynical.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 13:57   Link #805
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I liked the first episode even though the characters designs are a bit odd.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 14:44   Link #806
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Wow. But as cool as those scenes were in the trailer, I wouldn't have shown some of them and save them to be surprises in the episodes. Unless there are MUCH better scenes not yet shown, which I doubt, to be honestly cynical.
I was thinking of not watching it at first because it may spoil a few scenes, and now i've heard you say it, i'll stay far away. I want to be nicely surprised by the fourth episode, which i'm looking forward to quite a bit.
Old 2010-03-19, 14:58   Link #807
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
A new poster thingy plus the three episode trailer is up on the official website. The trailer showed that otter ninja which I'm excited about since he was supposedly best friends with Koumori. Maybe I'll get a flashback?
Otter Pops!
Spoiler for Screen:

Spoiler for New Character Poster:
This poster reveals more than what one would think.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 14:58   Link #808
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I was thinking of not watching it at first because it may spoil a few scenes, and now i've heard you say it, i'll stay far away. I want to be nicely surprised by the fourth episode, which i'm looking forward to quite a bit.
Wise decision. In hindsight, I wish I had made the same choice.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 15:20   Link #809
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
New trailer

is

holy freaking awesome.

OH HEY IT'S HER~~~~.

Oh my~~ Konayuki <33333333333333333. I'm going to guess she's the next character I will fall in love with in the anime.

I LOVE YOU WHITE FOX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Wise decision. In hindsight, I wish I had made the same choice.
It's ok you didn't get spoiled much (well except for the identity of one of the swords).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 15:23   Link #810
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Quite true. Something they didn't reveal even in the trailer.

Quote:
I'm going to guess she's the next character I will fall in love with in the anime.
Oh boy I have a lot of waiting before my favorite shows up!

I also noticed that the rice paper paintings got much more detailed and different. I sure hope they will release trailers and CMs on Blurays. Not doing this would be such a waste.
Old 2010-03-19, 15:35   Link #811
Kunagisa

Quote:
Quite true. Something they didn't reveal even in the trailer.

Oh boy I have a lot of waiting before my favorite shows up!

I also noticed that the rice paper paintings got much more detailed and different. I sure hope they will release trailers and CMs on Blurays. Not doing this would be such a waste.
I don't see the spoiler, unless it's that one thing which I don't think you would even notice unless you stare at it really hard and were deliberately looking for it.

Speaking of favorites, I just have a lot of favorite cause TAKE is that much win @__@. Ridiculously awesome hairstyles are always my favorite cup of tea.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 15:48   Link #812
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Uh...what? This an eye spy trick? Nanami, robot dude, Sabi girl-pants Hakuhei, sasquatch girl, what am I missing?
Old 2010-03-19, 16:07   Link #813
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

It's actually so obvious continuing this would be as much as declaring it outright.
Let's all wait and see, shall we?
Old 2010-03-19, 17:18   Link #814
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
It's actually so obvious continuing this would be as much as declaring it outright.
Let's all wait and see, shall we?
B-but I need things outright. I'm dumb as hell you have to believe me! Plus, I don't know what I'm looking for. Is there a dick hidden in the picture or something?
Old 2010-03-19, 19:56   Link #815
Sol Falling

lol. If what I'm thinking is what he's referring to, then I'm pretty excited. Here's my guess:

Spoiler for guess:

It's just a guess, but don't click if you don't even want to think about spoilers.

I don't think the trailer ruins that much of anything though. The clips shown are pretty brief; they pretty much just reveal the future bosses' character design, and their identities as far as their names and titles. Also, I'd say ~80% of the Hakuhei footage was already shown in the ep. 4 preview anyway. I won't say the non-preview material will be that much better, but there'll be a lot more of it and there'll be context, so I don't think watching the preview will ruin anyone's experience.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 22:25   Link #816
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
lol. If what I'm thinking is what he's referring to, then I'm pretty excited. Here's my guess:

Spoiler for guess:

It's just a guess, but don't click if you don't even want to think about spoilers.

I don't think the trailer ruins that much of anything though. The clips shown are pretty brief; they pretty much just reveal the future bosses' character design, and their identities as far as their names and titles. Also, I'd say ~80% of the Hakuhei footage was already shown in the ep. 4 preview anyway. I won't say the non-preview material will be that much better, but there'll be a lot more of it and there'll be context, so I don't think watching the preview will ruin anyone's experience.
Yea, you totally got what I was talking about.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 04:56   Link #817
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That trailer is so awesome I watched it four times in a row. I'm even more psyched than I was before ! The wait is killing me...
Old 2010-03-20, 05:43   Link #818
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Is it just me or the 4th katana look like lightsaber...?
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 05:51   Link #819
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Is it just me or the 4th katana look like lightsaber...?
It is so thin (thin-ness is its main point) light is refracted in it to the extent of how we percieve it as shining.

...I think. I don't really know exactly, I just speculate based on available details.
Look at the poster on this page, its nearly transparent there.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-03-20 at 06:05.
Old 2010-03-20, 06:55   Link #820
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
It is so thin (thin-ness is its main point) light is refracted in it to the extent of how we percieve it as shining.

...I think. I don't really know exactly, I just speculate based on available details.
Look at the poster on this page, its nearly transparent there.
Then...does that mean it will snap if you make a mistake?

No wonder it's called the needle...

Thankgod I can read the chinese translated novel online...maybe I will tell more about it
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy