AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: How many hours a WEEK do you spend watching anime?
2 or less 15 9.68%
2-4 16 10.32%
4-6 14 9.03%
6-8 17 10.97%
8-10 19 12.26%
10-12 15 9.68%
12-14 7 4.52%
14+ 52 33.55%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-12-29, 16:50   Link #1
Shinobi
Ninjitsu Newbie

How many hours a week do you spend watching anime?

Just curious, feel free to post and talk about your anime-watching habits!
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 16:52   Link #2
Yuiichi
Retired.

It depends on my work load. In general, usually around 9 hours a week. If i'm on holidays, considerably more.
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 16:54   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Either too many hours or not enough.... I'd say too many hours because I watch a lot of shows every day, but not enough because there are still shows I don't see...

Now I have to decide if I am going to close this for being a "What type are you" thread. If it gets a lot of boring answers I'm closing it soon.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 18:55   Link #4
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Either too many hours or not enough.... I'd say too many hours because I watch a lot of shows every day, but not enough because there are still shows I don't see...
That certainly sounds familiar although I don't think you can ever watch too much anime

Basically it all depends on the amount of other activities I have, jap class, going out, visiting ppl, reading (I read way too many books).
And it also depends on the episodes that got recently released. There are always certain shows which you just have to see right away, while other get "saved up" so you can watch a couple of them in one sitting.

Then there is also my rewatching habit, once I get a series complete on DVD, I watch it a second time (that is if I allready saw the fansubs), and that's usually at a rate of 1 DVD an evening, so combine that with the shows I watch right away and it can easilly be more than 2h an evening, even on weekdays.

Weekends are probably the worst, watching a couple of hours of anime on a saturday is not an exception

So how many hours a week, at least 10 but most likely more, I never really count it, kinda depends if I'm reading alot that particular period. I voted 14, probably not that far off the mark.

Sigh, I need a life
Oh no, I have one, and I'm quite happy with it !
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 21:27   Link #5
Archuka
A territory most absolute

I usually watch maybe 1-3 episodes a day, but it depends on how interesting the shows I'm currently following are. I generally don't follow many shows at any one time, simply because most shows just don't appeal to me.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 23:35   Link #6
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

During my last year of college (especially the last semester) I spent almost 20 hours a week watching anime at times. During winter vacation once, I spent almost 40-50 hours a week. After this intense period of anime watching, I burned out and started to watch only 5-6 hours a week during the summer. Now I watch around 2-3 hours (at most) a week, and many weeks I don't watch a single episode.
ChoBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 10:20   Link #7
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
For me, it would be impossible for me to get the average number of hours since it changes significantly each week. For example:

Week 1: 10 hours

Then it could be:

Week 2: 1 hour

Then:

Week 3: 2.5 hours
Week 4: 17 hours
Week 5: 4 hours
Week 6: 45 minutes
Week 7: 3.5 hours
Week 8: 2 hours
Week 9: 7.5 hours
Week 10: 3 hours

Note: this is when have no work to do for school, so they're no delays on viewing anime.

Basically:

0 hours to 20+ hours.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 11:03   Link #8
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Now that I'm home from college, at least 5 hours a week.. that amounts to 35 hours a week.. I hope to catch up to the latest eps of Naruto before New Year's, having only started the first eps today.
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 20:40   Link #9
DaFool
Resident devil

pretty much many hours.

there's only one TV in the house, and my father hogs it. It's pointless to get another TV because there just isn't enough channels to make another TV worth it. We tried subscribing to cable but the service provider, after investigating the lot, refused, saying its too far from the main road so the new cable hookup cannot stretch that far without quality loss. (Thinking this was a joke, my father tried to bribe the technician to get an extension. It wasn't a joke. It also didn't help that the neighbors illegally tapped into the line, giving the company a bad taste in their mouth whenever they venture into our part of the neighborhood.)

Well, we could order satellite...but with Animax recently showing more dubs than subs...I decided it wasn't worth it.

Thus my computer is my home entertainment system. If anyone complains I spend too much time on it I just say I don't really spend anymore time than the time spent combined if an average person watches TV and listens to the radio. It just so happens that anime and anime music OSTs are among the easiest media to download compared to other media (I haven't seen RSS feeds for other media, and I saw some posters in other forums complaining that the only RSS feeds were for anime ^_^)
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 22:01   Link #10
Sousuke S.
Baka FMP Fanboy/Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Sousuke S. Send a message via MSN to Sousuke S. Send a message via Yahoo to Sousuke S.
Pu-leeaase! Asking ME how many hours a week I watch anime is the equivalent of asking how many hours a week a fish is in water! Ok, I'm exaggerating but I DO watch more that 14 hour's worth. XD
Sousuke S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 15:11   Link #11
JoeStoppable
I'm Unstoppable

Send a message via AIM to JoeStoppable
I watch over 14 hours. I on a normal week i'm watching up to 7-8 episodes a day.
But if its a really good series i'll watch the whole thing in one sitting.
for example i've done that with, Noir, Elfen lied, chobits, and up to like 50 something of kenshin.

HAHAHH i really cant stay awake during the day if i havent watched at least one episode of an anime. So anime is like my coffee.
JoeStoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 20:42   Link #12
Utalks

I guess 10+ if school's in session but if it's a holiday then a lot more i guess. since i mostly stay in my room watching anime all day if it's a holiday
Utalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 07:02   Link #13
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
over 12 hours if im holiday cos i download whole series of fansubs and watch em, if during skool i watch under 2 hrs because if i download lot of anime then i get distracted from studies, i usually just download ongoin eps such as naruto. I don't buy much DVDs either so i cant watch much
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 17:39   Link #14
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It is interesting how skewed the results are on this poll. A full third of respondants fall into the miscellaneous category of 14+ hours a week. That result tells me that larger gradations were required. It should be surprising that member of the AnimeSuki forum are such avid watchers of anime, but perhaps it would have been interesting to know how many watch 14-24 hours a week, and how many actually watch more than that... It would be the difference between the fanatical and the utterly obsessed.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 18:35   Link #15
7thMethuselah

Quote:
It is interesting how skewed the results are on this poll. A full third of respondants fall into the miscellaneous category of 14+ hours a week. That result tells me that larger gradations were required. It should be surprising that member of the AnimeSuki forum are such avid watchers of anime, but perhaps it would have been interesting to know how many watch 14-24 hours a week, and how many actually watch more than that... It would be the difference between the fanatical and the utterly obsessed.
More than 24h that's 3.5 h a day , roughly estimated that means that person would see more than 50 (!) episodes a week

I was too quick to vote for myself, I looked into it and I see an estimate of some 30 episodes a week, these are not all new ones, as I often rewatch shows (usually when I get the DVD's). 30 ep is somewhere aound 12 h a week I guess, add to that the time I spend on this forum and other anime sites (make that at least an hour each day as well) and add reading manga (at a rate of about 5 a week an I'm guessing an hour or so on a manga, no clue really), what does that leave me?

So anime and manga in total can be an average of 24 h of my free time each week

Sigh I need a life ... oh no, I have one and I like it
Old 2005-01-03, 18:41   Link #16
Ending

If there is a good serie available (enough seeders and download speed) I can watch it for hours straight. But then only a few of them actually manage to hook me since most of them are, after all, just average, un-creative poop.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 18:50   Link #17
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirhe
If there is a good serie available (enough seeders and download speed) I can watch it for hours straight. But then only a few of them actually manage to hook me since most of them are, after all, just average, un-creative poop.
Well I have a habit of watching anime while I eat, and I always watch 1-2 episodes before going to bed (or while in bed), so that way you get to 2-3 a day immediately without any of them needing to be spectacular or without a need to watch hours in a row. Watching hours and hours in a row is something I rarely do, I think I never see more than 5 episode in a row, it's too much to see more than that. But I know a few people who can get pretty extreme. A friend of mine watched entire Naruto (about 95 ep at the time) in a row, took him almost three days. That's what I call bloody insane

PS NSW Somehow I got curious about how much anime you see each day, you mentioned too many shows a day, I wonder what that is
Old 2005-01-03, 19:11   Link #18
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I download quite a bit, and just dump them on CDs and DVDs... it's more like I collect them, in a way. I only end up watching a few episodes of new series before I get bored of them or something (ie, like Tactics, Girls Bravo,...) and get burn the rest. Then about a year later I dig up my CDs one weekend when im bored and watch about 2eps a night. The only series I've actually watched download-by-download was Scrapped Princess and Elfen Lied... oh, and .Hack//
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 19:38   Link #19
Shinobi
Ninjitsu Newbie

Quote:

I'll take the blame for this one. I suppose my own habits skewed the poll options as you see I'm in the 2-4 hr/week category. When I was making the poll, I was debating how far I should go up. I figured that 2 hrs/day (about 5-6 eps/day) would be pretty sufficient. Anyway, I'll leave it to you to see if you want to put up another poll, since I don't want to clog up the boards with too many threads, but I'd also be interested in the results.

My habits include keeping up with a current series of different lengths, that is about 1-2 hrs during the week, depending on how the season is, and I have a few older series that I catch up on for an additional couple of hours each week (like ChibiDusk, I also tend to stockpile episodes and I also make a lot of spur-of-the-moment ebay or amazon purchases). With my BT and school situation now, I can't possibly download or have the time to watch any more than I do now.

A good question might be, how many hours a week do you spend surfing the AnimeSuki Forums? I'm willing to bet that I spend more time reading about anime in this forum than actually watching anime in any given week.
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 15:21   Link #20
Kurapica

It depends, but i guess roughly 10 hours a week.

edit: after consideration i have to admit that i don't watch anime that often. I thought the poll included manga. Lately i haven't watched any anime so it comes close to 2 hours or less.

Last edited by Kurapica; 2005-12-19 at 08:12.
Kurapica is offline   Reply With Quote