Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-11-29, 17:52   Link #6501
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Didn't realise our team was based in Europe.

Any new question:
I am looking for the name of a woman hairstyle (often see in Japanese medieval~ish anime/movie). Long straight hair and tied up (with a ribbon) near the end. An example is Marii in Joshiraku(Google image)

And do anyone actually still wear it nowadays (in Japan)?
Just hit this Site Yours probably on the 10th pic...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 18:09   Link #6502
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Just hit this Site Yours probably on the 10th pic...
Thank (and damn can't add rep to you yet).

This Osuberakashi at the back + hime cut for the front, i guess
Old 2012-11-29, 18:15   Link #6503
NoemiChan
Banned

Why is it "nya" and not "meow"?

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-12-04 at 18:47.
Old 2012-12-06, 17:13   Link #6504
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

So if an account in the forum was inactive for certain amount of years, does it get deleted?
Old 2012-12-06, 17:33   Link #6505
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Why is it "nya" and not "meow"?
different languages interpret animal cries differently.

nya~ is japanese interpretation of a cat's sound. there's also mya~ that's closer to meow, but nya is used more often afaik.

That is, if I understand your question correctly.
Old 2012-12-07, 01:09   Link #6506
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
So if an account in the forum was inactive for certain amount of years, does it get deleted?
Your account does not get deleted. At least, that's my impression based on this thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110194
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 01:14   Link #6507
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Your account does not get deleted. At least, that's my impression based on this thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110194
I can confirm that accounts can remain active for over approximately 2 years, based on my friends list.
Old 2012-12-08, 19:37   Link #6508
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Accounts are intrinsically related to posts. You can't delete an account without messing up the database, threads, etc. They can lock accounts.

I suppose its possible to *rename* an account and ban it for "witness protection" purposes but our mods would know that best.
Old 2012-12-08, 21:37   Link #6509
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Technically speaking this sort of thing is a limitation on how the underlying software works rather then how the database engine works. To put it simply, the database couldn't care less.

It's very easy to set constraints on all tables so that if an account is deleted they will act appropriately (ie. delete themselves or set themselves to null, as in nothing). Obviously a post with no author is a post that's anonymous. I haven't used vB in a long time, but as I recall they refer to said user as "Guest" which I assume is because it's linked to their "posting with out login" features. When you delete a user from the system their posts become "Guest" posts.

There is also no issue with records missing, ie. having only 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 (note missing 4 and 5) and so on; unless again the way the software is using the database makes it into a problem. So your profile data and so forth just getting pruned out, is really not an issue either.

Is it bad if a post loses the original author? Well, no. Let's say a post message was a mathematical theorem, and the author was well the author of said theorem. Does knowing the author matter? Who's the author of the number i, do you know? How about another abstract number like 0? I believe most people here will be inclined towards thinking it's wrong, simply because there's all this reply and quoting going on. However, if you think of it, if I take a back and forth discussion, and blank out all the messages from the posts, what I am left with is garbage. It's really fancy garbage because we got fancy pictures, pointy-text and a big green dong, among other things, but in the end it's all just a name, and the name means little to the post; other then a signature. On the other hand if I have the messages I can still read everything just fine; even if say I'm not following it for the connection between ideas, I can still follow it fine because the order doesn't change, just like in a book you can tell who's talking even if every line of dialog doesn't explicitly mention the character who's talking (every time).

Last edited by felix; 2012-12-08 at 21:49.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 05:01   Link #6510
Kawarimi
( ゚∀(・-・) 〜(^∇^〜)
*Author

Do we have any girls here who came from all-girls schools?

I have some questions.

How would you say it is different, there being no boys?

Would you recommend all-girls schools?

AS' Social Thread
Gone but not forgotten.

REBUILD
Kawarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 10:10   Link #6511
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Any good recommendation on IRC Client?
Especially the one that embedded inside Chrome browser?

Thanks...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 05:59   Link #6512
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Currently freezing cold in Kanazawa and the electric kerosene fan heater of my room says to ventilate once or twice every hour and to turn it off before sleeping.

Are these heaters safe to leave on at night? Like for the few hours I use my laptop before I sleep? The kerosene fumes can smell quite strong and I am not sure if CO poisoning is a danger.
Old 2012-12-10, 06:13   Link #6513
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Are these heaters safe to leave on at night? Like for the few hours I use my laptop before I sleep? The kerosene fumes can smell quite strong and I am not sure if CO poisoning is a danger.
It's only dangerous if the house is so closed tight that the fumes can't even escape. Just to be safe, make sure one window is open for the CO to escape.
Old 2012-12-10, 06:21   Link #6514
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Currently freezing cold in Kanazawa and the electric kerosene fan heater of my room says to ventilate once or twice every hour and to turn it off before sleeping.

Well, if we don't hear from you in a couple of hours...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 07:07   Link #6515
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, if we don't hear from you in a couple of hours...
The only way he can get CO2 poisoning is if he mixes diesel with the kerosene, or pour rubber chips into the fuel.

Should wear more clothes, or thicker clothes. But given how skinny CE is IRL, maybe it is time to change his diet.

P.S Not sure if this works for you, when I was assisting in night ops, a method they used to keep warm is to wear a towel over the neck like a scarf, covering and stuffing the shoulders under their uniforms. The ankles are usually covered by folding the already thick socks over the ankles; the theory is that these points are major blood pressure points and they lose and gain heat the easiest.

The only people I have known not using this method and NOT evacuated for hypothermia at night are the Gurkhas.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 09:54   Link #6516
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Any good recommendation on IRC Client?
Especially the one that embedded inside Chrome browser?

Thanks...
I used to use Mibbit when I'm on Chrome. Only need to sign up and you can start using IRC. There is an app too on Chrome Store, enabling you to access directly from the browser without being signed in to the Mibbit.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 14:44   Link #6517
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
I used to use Mibbit when I'm on Chrome. Only need to sign up and you can start using IRC. There is an app too on Chrome Store, enabling you to access directly from the browser without being signed in to the Mibbit.
Supposedly it's banned by freenode.
Old 2012-12-10, 22:03   Link #6518
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@Kirayuki
thanks...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 19:52   Link #6519
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
can i create thread basically people who are 2 faces or backstabbing thread?

& one bout prize competitions etc what did u get how reaction from other participation?
Old 2012-12-12, 03:46   Link #6520
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ That first one can be put in the friendship thread.

Though I don't see any particular problem with the second one.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious