AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-05, 17:40   Link #221
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Quoted for truth.

Er, yeah... Her darker side is what saved this episode in my opinion.

Anyway, I was wondering if her two selves are merely split personalities or if in fact they're indeed two separate entities. I was wondering if the manga discusses this at some point.
You could say there two different people. Since they both know of ther other. And the communicate as well.
Old 2008-01-05, 18:40   Link #222
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

You know, this would have made a fantastic hentai. I mean, look at the dude's tongue...

Ep 1

This is a series that I was trying my damn'dest to avoid, but my curiosity got the better of me. I think this series could work... there's no reason why the moe+vampire marriage can't work, and series like Moon Phase and Karin prove that. But what both Moon Phase and Karin had (in spades, mind you) that this series desperately needs is endearing characters. Jury's out on the characters so far, but if they don't break their molds soon, they could become very annoying very quickly.

I thought the first half of this ep was actually quite funny. I just couldn't help but find the ridiculousness of Aono's situation amusing. And the panty shots do the right thing as far as setting the tone is concerned, since it's a pretty clear message to the audience: "don't expect an amazing plot that intelligently tackles complex issues". If you're gonna do the fanservice thing, you may as well go to the extreme like these guys have. Give the audience what they've come to see. And make a hentai OVA spin-off series ASAP. You know... for educational purposes.

The second half of the ep lost me, though. The fight couldn't have been any more boring or predictable. As far as I can see, the worst possible direction this series could take is the one that manga veterans are saying we should prepare ourselves for: monster-of-the-week fights.

Ok, I'm not expecting much, but I've been pleasantly surprised by recent fanservice romps like Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun and Nagaserete Airantou (although the latter is more "harem" than "fanservice"). I think the best approach to this series is to take one's brain out of one's head before watching each ep (and obviously not forgetting to put it back in afterwards), but I can see episodic fights making this a real chore if they're not careful, especially since it's only going to be a 13 ep series, apparently.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 18:44   Link #223
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Spoiler for manga:

so far the anime is pretty fresh since now the characters are animated...
seem like this show is only 13 episodes, wonder how far into the story the anime will cover....

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-01-05 at 18:54.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 18:49   Link #224
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
Quoted for truth.

Er, yeah... Her darker side is what saved this episode in my opinion.

Anyway, I was wondering if her two selves are merely split personalities or if in fact they're indeed two separate entities. I was wondering if the manga discusses this at some point.
You could say there two different people. Since they both know of ther other. And the communicate as well.

i say the nice moka is a supress version of the true vampire cruel moka, i'm pretty sure moka was not born with the roasario, they must have put that on her at some point after she was born and thus creating the nice version which again i think is a supress cruel moka

or

the rosario split her personality thus creating a super nice moka with all the nice traits of the original and a super mean version consisting of only the mean nature of the orignal
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 18:56   Link #225
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Thats pretty much how I got it.
kickass > cute in this case
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
The second half of the ep lost me, though. The fight couldn't have been any more boring or predictable. As far as I can see, the worst possible direction this series could take is the one that manga veterans are saying we should prepare ourselves for: monster-of-the-week fights.
Whaa...you can handle the fanservice but not the fights!? I personally couldn't see how the fight could have been any less predictable (though I huh at it being boring as it was practically on the same level as everything else ). Good idea to take your brain out and just enjoy the ride though...and if it isn't for you then just move along. Well its going to be "monster of the week" until all the other significant characters are revealed...just be prepared for the "here comes a new challanger" bell being rung

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 19:06   Link #226
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Ep1 is quite enjoyable aside from the girly main char and super-short fight. I hope the fight is that short cause the dude is the weakest among the weakest and future yogai enemies will be a bit stronger. Tsukune's manner of speaking and body language could seriously pass him as a gay guy. Hopefully he won't get any worse than this. The best part is the panty fanservice and the fact that the female chars aren't lolis. I will definitely follow this series.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 19:06   Link #227
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
the fact that the female chars aren't lolis.
You kinda forgot about Yukari Sendou there...
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 19:22   Link #228
tbl
Affably Evil

I'm not sure if you can even call all those panty shots fanservice. Normally, something has to happen for a panty shot, Moka-chan has panty shots when she is just walking down a hallway.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 20:03   Link #229
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
You kinda forgot about Yukari Sendou there...
I haven't read the manga, but one or two in a bunch sounds like a nice ratio.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 20:45   Link #230
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well not much I can say but not bad for a first ep.

Now Tsukune does seem to come across as a rather bigger wuss than he does in the manga.

well anyway can't wait for next ep. Kururmu-chwan!!!

also just checked up the VA list and wow got some of my fav VAs in there

p.s YAY to panty shots!!!
Old 2008-01-05, 20:48   Link #231
Child_of_Sierra

So my curiousity got the better of me and I watched the first ep...

Interesting premise but I was surprised how average in animation the first episode was, so maybe it gets the same treatment Kaze Stigma had, which was one of the series Gonzo had the least attention in animating properly during its season run

The amount of fan-service and its in your face presentation is too distracting to take this show seriously, I can't help but think how little the animation team must think about their target audience [read: the target demographic must be pervert/ecchi so any shortcoming in plot or presentation is completely salvaged by pantsu]

People do want such shots but this is already analogous to the drawn out power-ups in the shounen genre that take whole episodes to culminate. Its just too much.
Old 2008-01-05, 21:05   Link #232
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Yay for Older Version of Prism Ark!

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 21:08   Link #233
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
i say the nice moka is a supress version of the true vampire cruel moka, i'm pretty sure moka was not born with the roasario, they must have put that on her at some point after she was born and thus creating the nice version which again i think is a supress cruel moka

or

the rosario split her personality thus creating a super nice moka with all the nice traits of the original and a super mean version consisting of only the mean nature of the orignal
That makes sense. I guess it all depends on the nature of her rosario—if it's used to suppress her dark side, or if it's used to seal another vampire within her.

I think the romance component in the story would be more interesting if it plays with the dual personality premise rather than totally splitting them in two separate characters. Two personalities that are one and the same... and so on.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 21:17   Link #234
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

This serie has a lot of potential. The monster student school is very interesting, I look forward to the main character befriending werewolves,ghosts,onis,etc...

Although there's a definite accent on fanservice, and Moka already likes the male lead and has shown lots of fanservice. Will it be another sugar harem or will it have a deeper meaning? Stay tuned and find out!

I"m already looking forward to the inevitable revelation to the school that Tsukune is a human.
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 21:24   Link #235
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I saw the first ep, and i really don't see why people are knovking it so baddly. From the outset it's clear this series is going to be in the Ninomiya vein, and echhi fest in other words. Ninomiya had a succubus with huge boobs, Rosario has a vamp with a tight ass

I've read the manga, and while i preffer the manga, i like the anime aswell. Thus far the anime is staying fairly true to the manga with only minor changes. That said i have a sneaky feeling and impression it'll be only 12/13 episodes. like the others of its genre. If it does well they'll come back with a second season, just like they did with Girls Bravo.

As for Aono being a wimp, he far from it If the anime raches that far in the manga you'll be in for a suprise or two. I'm just suprised the manga hasn't been licensed yet.

On the excessive panty shots, nothing new there. The manga is full of it aswell, panties, tons of cleavage, and in the later volume even some partial nudes. While it's definatly a harem, unlike ninomiya and others, this one has an actual plot of sorts, and some interesting occurances

As for the revelation that he's human, it'll be good to see if they keep that intact. IMO thats one of the best parts of the manga

Edit: The significance of the Rosary dosent become apparent till later on in the manga, but it's certainly an interesting turn of events
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 21:45   Link #236
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Thats pretty much how I got it.
kickass > cute in this case

Whaa...you can handle the fanservice but not the fights!?
Little bores me quicker than mediocre fight scenes, particularly ones where the battle is won by "powering-up" to the next level. Mediocre fanservice at least has some sort of appeal, even if it is entirely visceral. Maybe it's just a question of preference, since I'm sure a lot of people think the exact opposite, but if I had a choice between an anime with mundane action or an anime with mundane fanservice, I know which I'd choose, and it wouldn't even take me half a second to make that decision.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 22:22   Link #237
X207
Gamyūsa

i like the idea of a human going to a youkai school, it puts forth interesting situations. i think the orc may not be a 1 ep opponent, he does hate humans. the first half was pretty funny, the 2nd half was just interesting.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 22:58   Link #238
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Hum first episode didnt leave that much of an impression on me, but first episodes rarely do. I was not bored but i was not over excited either. I do see the potential for many many funny misunderstandings. If the series is being driven by comedy then i dont see a problem with it, as long as the writers dont get crazy and try to make it something it was never meant to be.

Youkai High School how the hell did no one notice the name lol. I do see how they are trying to play up different classes of monsters. Its not surprising that Vampires are the pinnacle. Technically they arent very many monsters that could take a vampire usually lesser monsters end up serving them. But a cute high school girl with large breast and split personality will do just fine for now. I have no idea how hes going to keep this secret up but since humans are killed on site within the barrier he better keep his mouth shut and his wits about him.
Old 2008-01-05, 23:16   Link #239
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
This serie has a lot of potential. The monster student school is very interesting, I look forward to the main character befriending werewolves,ghosts,onis,etc...

Although there's a definite accent on fanservice, and Moka already likes the male lead and has shown lots of fanservice. Will it be another sugar harem or will it have a deeper meaning? Stay tuned and find out!

I"m already looking forward to the inevitable revelation to the school that Tsukune is a human.
Does befriend = handing them the lunch menu?
Old 2008-01-05, 23:34   Link #240
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Spoiler'd:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire