AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-11, 17:16   Link #221
Trax
Rock beats scissors

The chapter was quite clear on that wasn't it? It was a slavery mark, nothing to do with the petrification which is due to Hancock's DF ability.

PS. wow one of the busiest OP chapter threads in a while. Made it up to 12 pages.
Old 2008-11-11, 20:30   Link #222
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
It wasn't random. Monkey D. Dragon was there, and he possess the power of Storm Storm Fruit, according to one of the data books, or whatever. So the Lightning was his doing. But overall, your logic was flawless, I guess.
Actually my brother have all the data books, colour walks etc.

Dragon's ability or rumoured ability was never mentioned at all. In the lists of all devil fruits, there's no storm fruit as well.

So I guess its another fan made myth of Dragon's non existant devil fruit ability.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-11-12, 01:46   Link #223
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
The chapter was quite clear on that wasn't it? It was a slavery mark, nothing to do with the petrification which is due to Hancock's DF ability.

PS. wow one of the busiest OP chapter threads in a while. Made it up to 12 pages.

Alright, I just wanted to make sure.

And as for Dragon... I think that's just one of his own Haki powers. One that uses force to get the job done.
Old 2008-11-12, 19:49   Link #224
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
And as for Dragon... I think that's just one of his own Haki powers. One that uses force to get the job done.
So wait, Luffy's father... is a Jedi!
I can see it now... FORCE LIGHTNING!
Old 2008-11-13, 15:14   Link #225
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Some how I feel like that buggy win doesn't count as a win, and wasn't meant to be a serious fight rather just humorous. Buggy v. Luffy since he has had gear 2nd v.s Gear 3rd, I don't think they're even in the same league anymore.

Quote:
It wasn't random. Monkey D. Dragon was there, and he possess the power of Storm Storm Fruit, according to one of the data books, or whatever. So the Lightning was his doing. But overall, your logic was flawless, I guess.
Dragon's ability has never been listed. The fact he cause lightning is speculation. There are a lot of rumours that fly around that its his devil's fruit power.

Last edited by ashesatdusk; 2008-11-13 at 15:31.
Old 2010-01-22, 03:43   Link #226
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, but still... if Marigold hadn't let herself go after being freed by Tiger, I'd say that she would probably rival her big empress sister in looks. She's practically Alvida in reverse! Maybe she developed an eating disorder or something during her days as a slave....
You are quite right. I also felt that Marigold's weight gain was the result of the truma she endured as a slave. As a result, she probably packed on the pounds because of her insecurities and believed that she could hide behind her new appearance so that she could hide the pain that she suffered.

Alvida was probably the same way as well. We know that she hated the frickles that she originally had. She might have been teased about it, as a result. That might have caused her weight gain. She mentioned that the only affect that the Devil Fruit had, in addition to her powers, was that her frickles was no longer there. So Alvida might have had new confidence in herself and decided to lose the weight. The confrontation of Luffy might have also been a minor factor as well.

The Devil Fruit certainly didn't cause Marigold to lose the weight she had put on. So the only why that she might lose the extra pounds is if she falls in love with a man. That might cause her to come to terms with her past. Of all the Boa sisters who went through the awful experience as slaves, I don't think that Marigold ever recovered from that, despite her imposing apperance, which is nothing more than just a cover to hide her true personality. She is powerful. But the real Marigold has yet to let out her real emotions and her pain.

With that said, I believe that Morigold and Alvida are very much alike. In addition, Morigold might take over Handcock's role as empress if her older sister decides to leave the throne.

Last edited by darthfury78; 2010-01-26 at 03:29.
Closed Thread