Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-02-11, 12:11   Link #561
Gambino009
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Watching it on youtube? No wonder, it took 3 days. Go buy the DVD´s.

Well we have wedensday the 11. Wont be a long time, since the spoilers of the 7th chapter.
I have the first season box set in English.. but that was back last October, the whole Youtube thing was on Sub titles some years ago since the English wasn't available and I really wanted to see what was gonna happen next.

Anyways.. I better check what the deal is with the translations, if they don't get around to it, I'll have to support the english fans by putting English text on the dialogue boxes from Spanish translations.. this time around I'll have good ol mom help out.. since her spanish is superior.
Gambino009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 14:15   Link #562
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
If SRZ will sell well, it will continue.
That's the problem. Sales rates sucks after the SR ending. It is selling bad. I don't see many chances for it.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 15:21   Link #563
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
That's the problem. Sales rates sucks after the SR ending. It is selling bad. I don't see many chances for it.
Mh depends on the next chapters. Chapter 6 was good. If 7 will be same and 8 as well, i see good chances, that SR is back. To bad for the people, who burned all their volumes.
Old 2009-02-11, 16:03   Link #564
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

still collecting the licensed manga. One reason is that it's great, problem is the last 2 chapters...

The Kids Meal chapter is good, but the next 2 endings I think where time paradox, or probably there are things that happened in between which Harima left both Eri and Yakumo to become the long bearded artist that travels the world.
Old 2009-02-11, 17:22   Link #565
Gambino009
Phantom

You mean Chewbaka?

Must be quite a relaxed guy to leave two fine women to go around singing to other guys in random clubs.

If I didn't know any better.. Harima would have ended up being one of those Tough looking motha fcks who had a gay side... or more like Kenji from Persona, if he hadn't met Tenma.

God knows what would have happened if he had spend time at sea.. he already had a secret admirer there...

screw that.. take me back to Eri
Old 2009-02-11, 19:16   Link #566
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambino009 View Post
Y...screw that.. take me back to Eri
Let's face it folks, the only reason to have SRZ continue in honest fashion is to get more scenes and drawings of Yakumo and Eri. Whether or not Harima ends up in them is moot...
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 20:08   Link #567
lswift84
Project D!!!

Quote:
You mean Chewbaka?

Must be quite a relaxed guy to leave two fine women to go around singing to other guys in random clubs.

If I didn't know any better.. Harima would have ended up being one of those Tough looking motha fcks who had a gay side... or more like Kenji from Persona, if he hadn't met Tenma.

God knows what would have happened if he had spend time at sea.. he already had a secret admirer there...

screw that.. take me back to Eri
Spoiler for scarrrrry:
lswift84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 00:10   Link #568
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
Patience is important

PS
Harima Kenji (older brother)
Harima Shuuji (younger brother)

In addition everyone refers to every single other character by their first name. >.> Why only Harima Kenji called Harima Dx
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 03:45   Link #569
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Patience is something that a rare releaser has.

The results for ZSR popularity/sales are bad. So the end is coming closer unless something changes drastically.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 04:00   Link #570
yakumo-chan

i think SR is not really that popular.. that's why it's selling bad.... unlike naruto it keeps going because there are many fanatics of it......
I think we are the only ones who knows that SR is a GREAT anime...
also SR is a romantic comedy which other people doesnt like or doesnt have a taste....
cause most of the people really like an anime with adventure,action and fantasy with a mix of love just like naruto,bleach or one piece.....

i think that is why KJ is making the Natsu No arashi... i think it has an adventure and fantasy in it....

you know i've been thinking.... i think SRZ is just a past time for KJ if he is not doing something..... for example.. after he finishes a new chapter of natsu no arashi he can make some pages of SRZ if he is not doing anything... i think that is the reason why SRZ is 1month per chapter..... i think he's really focus on working on his new manga Natsu No Arashi.....

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2009-02-12 at 05:20. Reason: wrong grammar
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 09:10   Link #571
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post

And this brings me to 3. (and this is not pointed directly at YOU Lonewolf, because where I read you, you're a smart and reasoned person. Please don't take this as an attack, I'm just jumping off of your statements, because they are useful and common to others. ) This is NOT reality! It's a comedy series which is based in UNreality. It is a PARODY, a SATIRE. And as such the laws of reality don't function according to the rules you see in daily life. So, none of the characters will necessarily behave in a manner that you'd probably predict as "how it ought to turn out". For that you go to romance novels or character studies or something. This is not to be taken seriously no matter how much you like the characters.
No offense taken

And I agree with you on that point; I understand that it's not supposed to be fully realistic (what with the thug who can talk to frogs and the stupid girl bending spoons with her mind, lol), but it's still a slice-of-life type of series. It's still supposed to incorporate SOME aspects of life. Having said that, I never expected a fluffy happy ending for everyone but Tenma, where Kenji dates Yakumo AND Eri and everyone else finds true love. That would make me gag, lol (except the Kenji polygamy ). But I hoped for something a little more interesting and a little more conclusive. Certainly, I'd have liked to see closure to the Eri and Yakumo feelings, even if not necessarily with them ending up together, as opposed to having them just skipped over. I get what you mean about them being gags that built up the main plot of the story, but the fact of the matter is a more dynamic and balanced ending would have been better - not just because there would have been more material, but also because there would have been a more varied story. And I STILL think KJ wasn't completely comfortable with the ending.

Now, with regards to Kenji getting over Tenma, well, it would be a little bit anticlimactic, considering the series is driven by his undying, blind, unconditional love for her, but at the same time, it would also be a major plot twist, and major plot twists are always good (well, ALMOST always). The current ending seems like a cheap alternate... just a stale monotonous conclusion. It's like... wait.... where's the rest? Like, I would even be ok with chapter 283 IF there was another chapter or two that added a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswift84 View Post
Lets pass the time till the next chapter. What got you guys hooked on SR/SRZ?
For me, it was a recommendation at first. A female friend of mine told me (at a time when I was in the midst of a ridiculous unrequited crush) that the main character of this anime and me are soooo amazingly similar, it's unreal. I do have somewhat of a reputation of being violent and skipping class a lot too, lol, so that helped. Plus, I like animals... so I think that's why she said it. But I gained interested and loved the emotional roller coaster going from light-hearted and hilarious to heart-jerking. And I've been hooked ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATX207_Blitz View Post

In addition everyone refers to every single other character by their first name. >.> Why only Harima Kenji called Harima Dx
You know, I noticed that as well, though I've always called him Kenji. I think it's because nobody in the series calls him 'Kenji' except Itoko. I still call him it, though.
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 17:02   Link #572
lswift84
Project D!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
For me, it was a recommendation at first. A female friend of mine told me (at a time when I was in the midst of a ridiculous unrequited crush) that the main character of this anime and me are soooo amazingly similar, it's unreal. I do have somewhat of a reputation of being violent and skipping class a lot too, lol, so that helped. Plus, I like animals... so I think that's why she said it. But I gained interested and loved the emotional roller coaster going from light-hearted and hilarious to heart-jerking. And I've been hooked ever since.
Whats I find great about Harima is that he is a rare breed of male Harem leads that isnt a flaming toothpick. I know I might start a war here, but some of these clamp characters are just beyond retarded looking. I liked code geass quite a bit and I liked the ending as well, but lelouch and suzakau seemed like they were made just for the Yaoi lovers lol.

So Harima gets points for being a bit more normal in my eyes, while at the same time being a complete moron lol

example:
lol
Old 2009-02-12, 22:17   Link #573
Gambino009
Phantom

Harima.. is just all around funny, he's a utility man..

I mean he can do a lot of shit..

Fix motorcycles, fix air conditioners, cook, fight, say the right things to blond girls, do matrix, bust his eye balls through his glasses, act, attract hot chicks even though he's supposedly a delinquent.

he has more appeal than your average kick ass hero
Old 2009-02-13, 17:41   Link #574
lswift84
Project D!!!

Quote:
Harima.. is just all around funny, he's a utility man..

I mean he can do a lot of shit..

Fix motorcycles, fix air conditioners, cook, fight, say the right things to blond girls, do matrix, bust his eye balls through his glasses, act, attract hot chicks even though he's supposedly a delinquent.

he has more appeal than your average kick ass hero
Quoted for Truth.
Old 2009-02-14, 08:22   Link #575
yakumo-chan

there is still one question that confuses me in school rumble.....

did school rumble already stated why Tenma loves karasuma so much???
or maybe i just missed that chapter, i really dont know why she love karasuma.....

school rumble already stated why harima loves tenma....
the only question now is why tenma love karasuma....
Old 2009-02-14, 09:03   Link #576
Solafighter
Hige

If i remember correct, there is no chapter about it.

Well, its love. Can happen everytime, everywhere. It does not need a reason.
Old 2009-02-14, 22:02   Link #577
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
there is still one question that confuses me in school rumble.....

did school rumble already stated why Tenma loves karasuma so much???
I never thought about that... good question. Leave it to someone stupid to have the stupidest possible crush.
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 00:16   Link #578
yakumo-chan

there must be something in the past..... it has to be something to do with tenma.....
it must be the reason why tenma love karasuma so much......
i mean tenma really loves karasuma so much that she even go to america........
it might be revealed in SRZ....
Old 2009-02-15, 04:47   Link #579
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
I dunno if it means anything, but the 2nd page of volume 1 chapter 1 says, "Her name is Tsukamoto Tenma. And, Just like many other girls, she has once again fallen in love!" Kind of makes me believe that its a deep crush that only continues to keep getting deeper because of how she can never say anything to him about her feelings. In addition Karasuma doesn't turn away her feelings either he keeps doing small things for her like the Kappa suit and eating lunch with her.
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 05:16   Link #580
yakumo-chan

just 1 more week for the next chapter

any latest news?? issues??? rumors???

Tags
comedy