AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-01, 01:12   Link #1001
SkoolRumble4Ya

Well if you wanna start reading start at ch.67.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 02:29   Link #1002
gonzo562

im hoping thier a 2nd season

i bet thier waiting for the manga to get a little more ahead to do a 2nd season maybe
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 10:23   Link #1003
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
I want season 2!!!!!!!!
I felt really disappointed with the ending,
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2009-04-02, 12:59   Link #1004
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
im hoping thier a 2nd season

i bet thier waiting for the manga to get a little more ahead to do a 2nd season maybe
They'got nearly 60 chapters to work from... I don't think that's the problem here. There's enough material for more than 30 more episodes right at this moment if they cover everything.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 13:21   Link #1005
SkoolRumble4Ya

It looks like they're waiting to see if they make a profit because of the "the next stage is?" at the end of the episode.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 16:59   Link #1006
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
It looks like they're waiting to see if they make a profit because of the "the next stage is?" at the end of the episode.
Hopefully we won't have a "Bastard" - See you again - moment. It's been more than a decade since then.
Old 2009-04-05, 22:55   Link #1007
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

There's always the OVA/OAD route.
Old 2009-04-06, 09:26   Link #1008
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
There's always the OVA/OAD route.
Not for this show. Even first season needed 52 episodes to not suck so much - 40 minutes OVA won't be able to show anything.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 12:00   Link #1009
4Tran

Recently, a lot of comedic anime have been falling flat for me, but Skip Beat is a real exception to this. It's been consistently good at delivering the laughs - mostly from Kyouko of course, but most of the side characters get their share as well. One big reason for this might be from the balanced levels of absurdity on the part of the characters, but a lot of it is probably due to the relatively lack of malice in the show. Couple those elements to good comedic timing and endearing characters, and it's an almost surefire creative success.

I also ended up liking just about all of the characters in the show - up to and including Fuwa Sho. He was a goofy semi-villain, and I find those to be quite appealing much of the time. On the other characters, Kyouko and Ren were excellent playing off one another and I thought that they injected a certain amount of believable tension into the show. I do have to go against the grain a bit, though - I thought that Inoue Marina's performance as Kyouko was only adequate. Her husky voice sounded a bit forced and unnatural to me. It didn't detract too much though, I really enjoyed watching Skip Beat. While some viewers may be upset that there isn't anything even close to a proper ending for the show, I don't mind one bit, although I'd love to see (much) more. Kudos to all those involved in the production.
Old 2009-04-06, 20:44   Link #1010
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Not for this show. Even first season needed 52 episodes to not suck so much - 40 minutes OVA won't be able to show anything.
Couldn't the Black Moon arc be completed via an OVA? People are crying about THAT scene on the 2 forums that I frequent so the animation studio could milk it for whatever its worth. Negima got a 2 episode OAD recently. xxxHOLiC and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles also got OADs. OAD/OVAs might be cheaper to release than another 26 ep series.
Old 2009-04-08, 23:27   Link #1011
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

As far as I am concerned, this show didn't "suck" in the least, and didn't move too fast. Twenty-six eps worked for me. But now we need at least another 26, since the manga is still going strong past chapter 138.

Yes, they could probably do the Black Moon chapters in a brief OVA series. We'll have to see how the show goes in DVD sales and reruns. I can't imagine why it isn't popular, unless it's just the late broadcast time.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 01:06   Link #1012
Sakuya
*Artist

I thought it only has 25 episodes? What happened to 26?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 11:54   Link #1013
TCman

Well, actually I expected more from the anime, although I still like the anime very much. In my opinion Ren sometimes looks weird, especially his nose when compared with his manga counterpart. As for Kyouko, she is definitely more elegant and more beautiful in the manga than in the anime. Sometimes, I find Hiroaki Ogata's voice quite annoying when the VA try to do a feminine-like voice in his fragile state.

The creators have cut the Kanae's mini arc where she "hurts" (well, in weird manner and because some "misunderstanding") a child-actor/star during her job; in my opinion the creators shouldn't have cut this mini-arc since during this mini-arc, Kyouko and Kanae become real best friends and understand each other a lot better. I hope this mini-arc still will become a DVD special for the DVD releases.

I hope there will be a second season since the latter part of the Dark Moon arc (manga) is in my opinion really awesome and interesting.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 02:52   Link #1014
BiFr0st

Quote:
I hope there will be a second season since the latter part of the Dark Moon arc (manga) is in my opinion really awesome and interesting.
Chances are high because the last episode still followed the manga closely so i take it that they are thinking of another season and since SKip Beat was pretty popular i dont see why they shouldnt.
BiFr0st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 10:42   Link #1015
Copycatken

I also think that the chance of getting a season is highly possible. It felt quite weird that the series ended without concluding the dark moon arc. In addition, they introduced a few new characters in the ending of that episode if I recall correctly. Unless all of that was just a huge tease, I'm (hopefully) expecting a season 2 for next fall or winter. Or at the very least, an OAV to wrap up the current arc.
Old 2009-04-12, 08:53   Link #1016
idont

It's shocking how little discussion there is on this anime on other forums. this has turned out to be one of my favorite animes in recent memory. I started watching on Friday and over 2 days I watched all 25 episodes. I haven't done that in a long long time.
idont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 11:45   Link #1017
KimmyChan

Oh man I totally have to check this anime out sometime! It sounds really good!

I'm so surprised that I haven't yet!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 23:50   Link #1018
strategos

So, is the manga about to end?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 09:00   Link #1019
KimmyChan

According to Wikipedia, the manga is still ongoing, with 22 volumes so far

The anime itself has 25 episodes
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 21:25   Link #1020
strategos

From what chapter I should start reading the manga, after the anime ended? any difference from the anime and manga in story mode?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shoujo