AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-23, 10:48   Link #21
Irie

If Touch & Cross Game are any indication, our new protagonist is going to become a great (track) athlete. Winning over the heart of Yuho and gaining the respect of Jinno. It just seems like the Adachi formula. Adachi even implies Atsushi is no longer the weak little brother that had "sinus" problems. Since it's a supernatural manga, his big brother might actually take over his body for a time while Atsushi grows into that special athlete.

It's going to be a fun story. Seems to me Adachi is going extra slow until he's done with Cross Game. I expect Q&A will go weekly once that happens and we can really get alot more development.

I'm kinda surprised this isn't also tagged as Romance. I'd be shocked with that isn't the main genre for another Adachi story.
Old 2009-09-23, 11:00   Link #22
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, there wasn't much romance, when I created the thread. Are those editable? Never mind, they're updated, now.

Also, is it common for monthly series to go weekly, as I've seen many comments about this particular series recently?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 19:38   Link #23
stpehen
kisses for all

Some series have occasionally switched publications (or publication schedules) at some point in their history. That will absolutely NOT happen with Q&A.

It is the flagship title of MONTHLY Sunday (Gessan), which was launched with Q&A as the very first announcement. Moving Q&A to a weekly magazine would essentially be pulling the plug on Monthly Sunday, tanking the magazine just months after it started. Completely unthinkable.
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 19:54   Link #24
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

That's what I always assumed, but I've seen a number of comments to that effect recently and thought that maybe I was the one out of touch.

I remember clearly, around the time of the magazine announcement, the fanfare that was brought by the fact Adachi was beginning another series in it.

Old 2009-09-23, 19:55   Link #25
joeboygo
mechaii

Thanks for the heads up. I will wait for this series to build up a good head of steam before getting into it then. A week is already too long to wait after a cliff-hanger. A month is insane.
joeboygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 20:18   Link #26
stpehen
kisses for all

It's always possible that he might up his output and squeeze a few more pages into each chapter once he's done working on CG. Or hell, he might even have another weekly series planned after it.
Old 2009-09-24, 09:13   Link #27
Irie

I wouldn't want to see a publication like Monthly Sunday run into problems. It's going to get interesting once CG wraps up. Adachi may not switch Q&A to another publication but will he create a new weekly series. There has got to be some pressure to fill that void. Personally, a week without an Adachi story seems empty.
Old 2009-11-11, 20:10   Link #28
Kunagisa

Is it just me or Yuho's the prettiest Adachi girl to date <__< ?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 22:31   Link #29
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Responding to a comment made in the Cross Game thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumblefish View Post
I was wondering the same thing about Q and A when reading chapter 7 at lunch. I think the lack of enthusiasm has to do with the translation being dropped. To be honest, so far Q and A smells like a low-tier project from Adachi.
Dropped? No one told that to stehpen, over at MangaDownloads. I believe they're simply waiting for the collected volume now, since the raws never did show up, in a nice way, for chapters 5 and 6...

As for the low-tier comment... well, if all low-tier projects were as nice as this one, the market surely would look a lot better, I'd say.

Old 2009-11-12, 09:20   Link #30
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Dropped? No one told that to stehpen, over at MangaDownloads. I believe they're simply waiting for the collected volume now, since the raws never did show up, in a nice way, for chapters 5 and 6...
Whoa, that was a shocker for a second because I never saw that announcement, though I had been wondering why no new chapters had been coming out lately. Lack of raws would definitely crimp any releases.
Old 2009-11-12, 12:29   Link #31
stpehen
kisses for all

Yeah, all the raws are accounted for now. It's still not as high a priority as CG but we are making progress once more. Don't worry!
Old 2009-11-12, 18:39   Link #32
The Rumblefish
Hurray for Takako Shimura

Quote:
Dropped? No one told that to stehpen, over at MangaDownloads
Sorry for worrying you, I meant the chapter-per-chapter translation was not effective anymore on the usual websites which provide this sort of "service". I actually had no clue whether the translation was on hold or dropped entirely, or who was taking care of it.

Quote:
if all low-tier projects were as nice as this one, the market surely would look a lot better, I'd say
Sure, it's all relative to the author we are discussing. Low-tier Hitchcock movies remain good movies.
The Rumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 14:35   Link #33
Kunagisa

Chapter 8 is out. Seems to be a lot more pervy than a regular Adachi chapter XD.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 22:12   Link #34
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, God, I need me some scanlations of this...

Old 2009-12-13, 06:08   Link #35
LusterFlare
Lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Is it just me or Yuho's the prettiest Adachi girl to date <__< ?
It isn't just you :P.

So far up to chapter 5, I like it. Hope this gets more attention once CG's done.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 18:25   Link #36
PeterI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Oh, God, I need me some scanlations of this...
Chapter 7 & 8 are out at MangaDownloads.

I'm not too sure I think that much fanservice is a good thing, but it is seriously funny.
PeterI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 03:41   Link #37
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Thanks for the heads-up. So, the Tsukishima family grave, eh? Didn't see that one coming.
Loved the exorcist, as well. All in all, still enjoying the hell out of this one...

Old 2010-01-05, 12:08   Link #38
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I just gave in and gave it a read up to chapter 8. Sometimes I think Adachi will never get over his inferiority complex, but whatever.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 17:05   Link #39
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, you know you love him for it. And you gotta admit, he does actually write good stories about coming out from under someone's shadow, doesn't he?

This series, actually, is one where he's taking things slowly and - I believe - when the story picks up, it will actually be quite something. Yeah, CG kinda got my hopes up for the ol' man...

Old 2010-01-05, 20:29   Link #40
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

The guy really should just ignore everyone who keeps comparing him to his brother.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, supernatural, shounen, manga