AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-03, 14:19   Link #14241
yongshun

You know Tsukane is Touma only not as preachy. Like Touma he generally doesnt like to fight but will put his life on the line to save someone.

Kurumu is a powerfull Succubus her ability is making her illusions real enough to hurt.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 15:45   Link #14242
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
I don't know how you imagined that, I never said they were separable, but are mixed, I think of it being more like how one would measure the PH balance of water. In this case the mix would be Human blood = Alkaline, and Vampire Blood = Acidic. So under normal circumstances it's in the middle, thus controlled. But his vampire blood can regenerate faster than his human blood.... It takes about 8 weeks (2 months) for a human to regenerate their blood back up to normal levels, were as it can take only a few minutes to a few hours for a vampire to regenerate their blood, and Tsukune possesses both of these aspects within himself.

But there is the thing that the last time he went ghoul, he was stabbed by the spider dude many times and bled profusely (R+V 2 chapter 5, pages 30 though 36). Immediately after, his power erupted and he quickly took that guy out.
Hmm, this makes sense, but one thing I'm a little lost on is that considering it takes that long for human blood to regenerate, wouldn't the imbalance you mention last longer in Tsukune? But truth is that Tsukune returned to being himself a lot sooner than that. He was even pulled out of his rage by the sight of Kurumu's rack.

On top of that, Tsukune had already completely transformed into a rage Vampire, and the lock is the only thing that helps him sustain his humanity, so I think there's more to Tsukune's mental stability than the relationship of his human and vampire blood. I would attribute his sudden fits of rage to inconsistencies in the Holy Lock rather than his own blood quantity.

Quote:
Indeed it did, but, what do you think all the other battles and his mental willpower to protect his friends has been doing to his blood that whole time before then? All this bit of training that Moka gave Tsukune did, was just accelerating what he was already doing with all the battles he'd fought before then. His battle with Hokuto was a prime example of this, and probably one of the best times his own blood was getting that notion of "protect thy friends from those who aim to harm them" beaten into it (quite literally, I might add), thus why his friend/foe sense was working so well during the second ghoul awakening.

One could say that Tsukune might have a second subconscious mind within him, but unlike Moka, it's not a second complete personality, but just his instincts that his vampire blood provides him. And as such he's been gradually training it to do his bidding and hold his values, kinda like how one would train a dog, or how a child would learn such things. Though the "child" is quite the psychopath.....
Well, I can't disagree with this, but it's obvious, at least to me, that Tsukune needed a little more than just his own fights because his second transformation proves that something wasn't really working in the way he was handling himself in previous battles. But part of the reason of his transformation could be the months of inactivity after the forced closure of the academy.

Apart from that, I completely agree with the second subconscious mind within him, though I wouldn't exactly describe it as that, even though it's not exactly a personality. Rather, I think it's another part of Tsukune's own personality locked deep within him, but the nature of the Vampire blood within him makes it far more potent, sometimes overlapping his normal self when he turns into a rage Vamp.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 16:09   Link #14243
shaselai

i think tsukune need to have a "special attack"... all weve seen is melee while all the opponents got cool attacks...
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 18:18   Link #14244
RexDraco
Dragon King

Location: Internet writing fanfictions, novels, and doing art
Send a message via AIM to RexDraco
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
i think tsukune need to have a "special attack"... all weve seen is melee while all the opponents got cool attacks...
I don't think that Tsukune should ever get a "special attack" that would cheapen his experiences imo, too Bleach-y, not that I have anything against bleach but it should stay within its universe...

Every time you review a fanfiction, a chapter gets complete.
RexDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 18:31   Link #14245
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
Falcon punch is his special attack...

I agree with Ou-Rex. Moka uses melee attacks and she's fine. He just needs to perfect some sort of fighting style. No bells n' whistles needed for him to be badass...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 19:23   Link #14246
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Falcon punch is his special attack...

I agree with Ou-Rex. Moka uses melee attacks and she's fine. He just needs to perfect some sort of fighting style. No bells n' whistles needed for him to be badass...
all he needs to do is get in close and beat them until unconcious and then continue to beat them up even more after that . i have to say that was the best scene of him going crazy so far. going vamp is cool also but ghoul is even more badass.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 19:45   Link #14247
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Mizore really is the only one that shows variety in abilities, simply because her powers allow it. She's just awesome like that. Kurumu is just high speed slashing attacks, Moka is martial arts, and Tsukune is following Moka except that he'll be more focus on punches rather than kicks.

Ruby and Yukari have shown some variety too, but they rarely get decent screen time so we don't get to see much.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 20:12   Link #14248
RexDraco
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Mizore really is the only one that shows variety in abilities, simply because her powers allow it. She's just awesome like that. Kurumu is just high speed slashing attacks, Moka is martial arts, and Tsukune is following Moka except that he'll be more focus on punches rather than kicks.

Ruby and Yukari have shown some variety too, but they rarely get decent screen time so we don't get to see much.
I will agree that Mizore is strong and can make use of her shifting ice abilities, but to say Kurumu has only her speed and claws is untrue as she has shown she can use her witchcraft to such an extent that she can manifest objects that are not there, typically vines and other forms of nature and charm males and possibly the female populace to act upon her bidding.

It is why Mizore and Kurumu work well together in their black and white duet as both their powers, unlike Moka's , are not limited by their bodies. As you have noticed Moka can only use her youki at Close quarters combat, where Kurumu and Mizore are sorely disadvantaged at, but they have long range attributes that Moka has yet to match, even though there is the case where she can anticipate their moves ,but only due to the fact (imo) that she is so close and familiar to them.

Yukari too has an ability to manifest items and is only bound by her childish nature, she has but to mature her concentration to be as strong, if not stronger, but her sensible awareness to certain aspects and genius mind allow her to act more to the party's strategist as she offers detail of their enemies many may not know handing them advantage.

Ruby is much unknown as she did show promise during the Witch's Ranch arc, but since than we havenot seen if she has improved, but she too has her own vital role.

To claim for only Mizore's powers to be affluent for various combat is a bit biased. I love Mizore too but Kurumu has prospects in battle as well, which leads me back to my original statement of the girls standing on equal footing, only stepped by their closeness to one another and their natural fear of a daiyoukai that is Moka.

As you see they always try and confront her but it is impossible to understand what Moka is thinking, as close as they claim, there is still some mystery to Moka that makes her unreadable to the girls so they never know if she has more or less power or is holding back. In short, they are unaware of each other's massive potential, and could very well be stronger than what we have seen.

Old 2010-06-04, 00:08   Link #14249
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Looks that way. Where did you get those?
DVD covers from the boxset.

just search ロザリオとバンパイア capu2 dvd

Old 2010-06-04, 00:35   Link #14250
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Spoiler for sbip:
Well, regarding this Tsukune's blood discussion that seems to take place, to me it's really simple. I think that Tsukune's blood is already quite different compared to the blood of a human, since it has vampire properties as well, but still isn't quite the same as the blood of a pure vampire. I mean that I believe that Tsukune's blood has already changed , which was proven in the manga when Moka said that the taste of Tsukune's blood has changed (Rosario + Vampire season I,chapter 28, page 5 )and if it was as you GrrDraxin or Yoko Takeo think, then wouldn't it mean that Tsukune's blood taste would be further changing depending on the amount of human and vampire blood Tsukune has in his veins.

Obviously there hasn't been anything like that mentioned so far, which makes me believe that the blood that flows in Tsukune's veins stays the same, but when Tsukune isn't actively using his vampire abilities Tsukune's blood acts and behaves similar to the blood that normal humans have, while still giving Tsukune some slight advantage in his physical attributes (higher speed, strength itd..) as well as boost Tsukune's regenerative.power's (Rosario + Vampire Season I, chapter 24 pages 19,20)

It all changes when Tsukune is heavily injured or turns into his vampire form, where Tsukune's blood starts to display it's vampire attributes and starts generating youkai energy for Tsukune to use.

Of course, piratically speaking it's probably more complicated, but I believe that Tsukune's blood is already is quite different then a human's or vampire's blood - to me it's already some sort of mix between the blood of a human and a vampire.

I doubt the balance between Moka's vampire blood and Tsukune's human blood is going to change at this point, no matter how heavily injured Tsukune gets, since it was something that has been established during Tsukune's physical transformation to a Ghoul / Primitive vampire and made Tsukune's blood like it currently is. So unless Moka injects more of her blood inside Tsukune, I think Tsukune's blood is going to stay like it is now, with his blood acting like the blood of a human most of the time (though Tsukune's blood still gives him some slight advantages compared to the blood of a normal human) and his blood starts becoming more vampiric when Tsukune gets heavily injured or brings out the power contained inside his blood on his own.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 07:12   Link #14251
RexDraco
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Spoiler for snip:

But what if the reason for his blood tasting no different is because the vampire blood is literally dormant? It could account for him being completely human in his usual state and why it tastes no different to Moka. Much liek a parasite which only acts when its host is in danger what if it is the same for vampire blood as technically it is a parasite that has infected Tsukune and to prevent his body from rejecting it fully it stays in a dormant state.

Old 2010-06-04, 11:17   Link #14252
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

I could be wrong, but didnt Moka actually comment the taste of his blood had changed a bit at one point?

I'm half of the mind she [O.Moka] still sucks his blood partially because she's addicted and her own personal needs/avoiding anaemia, but also partially because of how she feels about him. (She may not have him per se as yet, but she can at least have [some of] his blood! Seriously, I wouldn't put it past a woman to think that way given some I've known!)
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 11:31   Link #14253
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Spoiler for snip:

Moka does what vampires do, convert Youki into combat strength. It's what gives them ridiculous strength and speed. It's true about Kurumu though, I forgot that she is capable of minor black magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
I could be wrong, but didnt Moka actually comment the taste of his blood had changed a bit at one point?

I'm half of the mind she [O.Moka] still sucks his blood partially because she's addicted and her own personal needs/avoiding anaemia, but also partially because of how she feels about him. (She may not have him per se as yet, but she can at least have [some of] his blood! Seriously, I wouldn't put it past a woman to think that way given some I've known!)
Aye, Moka did mention that his blood tastes different. It's to be expected since he's no longer "normal".
Old 2010-06-04, 12:26   Link #14254
zibi88

btw. is there a chapter this month ?? or did it take a break so in next month it will be back ??
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 14:27   Link #14255
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
btw. is there a chapter this month ?? or did it take a break so in next month it will be back ??
No break, we're just waiting on it... I know how hard it is to wait for a new chapter on a month to month basis
Old 2010-06-04, 14:33   Link #14256
zibi88

Quote:
No break, we're just waiting on it... I know how hard it is to wait for a new chapter on a month to month basis
well the thing is that D.gray-man manga (scanlation) showed up 2 days ago... while there is no rosario spoilers so far.... so I was just wondering :P
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 15:06   Link #14257
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Perhaps Akuha got to them before they could upload ...

Old 2010-06-04, 15:07   Link #14258
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Either the the scanlators don't yet have the raw, or if they do, their being tight lipped about it until it's done.
Old 2010-06-04, 18:19   Link #14259
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Aye, Moka did mention that his blood tastes different. It's to be expected since he's no longer "normal".
Ah sorry, I realise I didn't necessarily make it clear, but I was responding to Ou-rex's previous post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ou-Rex
But what if the reason for his blood tasting no different is because the vampire blood is literally dormant? It could account for him being completely human in his usual state and why it tastes no different to Moka. Much liek a parasite which only acts when its host is in danger what if it is the same for vampire blood as technically it is a parasite that has infected Tsukune and to prevent his body from rejecting it fully it stays in a dormant state.

As I thought, and you verified, Moka actually commented that his blood taste DID change, which throws a bit of a spanner in this line of thoughts, because it means that it's not a case of Tsukune's blood taste remaining the same as Ou-Rex had suggested, and that the basic makeup did infact change with his transition, at least enough for Moka to notice the change in taste.

I don't really see the fuss in what Tsukune is, we know he's in some sort of hybrid state right now, much like a Dampir (half and half), and I'm sure as it becomes important the story will let us know. What his ultimate power level and status will be will ultimately depend on what the mangaka decides he feels like, he may not have actually decided yet!

Strong enough for Moka I'm sure however
Reading: None at the moment

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-06-04 at 18:31.
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 18:32   Link #14260
RexDraco
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Ah sorry, I realise I didn't necessarily make it clear, but I was responding to Ou-rex's previous post:

As I thought, and you verified, Moka actually commented that his blood taste DID change, which throws a bit of a spanner in this line of thoughts, because it means that it's not a case of Tsukune's blood taste remaining the same as Ou-Rex had suggested, and that the basic makeup did infact change with his transition, at least enough for Moka to notice the change in taste.

I don't really see the fuss in what Tsukune is, we know he's in some sort of hybrid state right now, much like a Dampir (half and half), and I'm sure as it becomes important the story will let us know. What his ultimate power level and status will be will ultimately depend on what the mangaka decides he feels like, he may not have actually decided yet!

Strong enough for Moka I'm sure however
Yep I remembered that soon as I posted that but I was half asleep so didn't edit.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire