Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-01-31, 22:33   Link #1981
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

You know I still disagree with you about this after 5 years, but whats been said had been said, and I am glad we have decided to move on.
Have we moved on Tak? Have we?, said the man in the GSD FAIL thread...

BTW Enjoy that 4th dot I just giftwrapped for ya^^....
Old 2011-02-01, 07:06   Link #1982
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Have we moved on Tak? Have we?
Just pretend that you guys have moved on.. I don't think anyone here wants to see you two wall-text the shit out of each other again.
Old 2011-02-01, 09:51   Link #1983
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
I don't think anyone here wants to see you two wall-text the shit out of each other again.
I honestly do :P

and i just got in $hit for breaking protocols using work computers on site

Last edited by winter45; 2011-02-01 at 09:55. Reason: added moar
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 12:14   Link #1984
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Have we moved on Tak? Have we?, said the man in the GSD FAIL thread...
Oh we sure did...

No, you did not see that beam sabre behind my back... *whistles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Just pretend that you guys have moved on.. I don't think anyone here wants to see you two wall-text the shit out of each other again.
I hope so too, but if we run out of things to talk about... and 00 topics are drying out fast... who knows?

But I can easily be bribed... you know, with... MG kits Surely, I am not asking for much

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 12:26   Link #1985
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Here are some of the more plausible theories on why GSD tanked, in terms of real-life events:
  • Fukuda never had plans to do a sequel, but GS's strong DVD sales convinced the Sunrise execs that they should do a sequel
  • Morosawa was battling cancer during production, resulting in her turning her scripts in late
  • The VAs, esp. Athrun's, Cagalli's, Shinn's and Luna's VAs, clashed with the production staff, resulting in their characters bring derailed*
  • The Big Four SEED characters (esp. Kira and Lacus) were still popular with the Japanese audience; because of this, Kira and Co. gradually began taking the spotlight from Shinn, and was completed in ep. 39

*Shinn's VA more or less confirmed the VAs fighting with the production staff recently.

And from the TV Tropes message board (take these for what you will):

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php...9g&page=23#561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawshrimpy
"Director Mitsuo Fukuda's wife is Chiaki Morosawa, the main/lead writer of SEED Destiny, and from what has been said/reported post SEED Destiny was apparently the main reason why the series went downhill. Most sources agree that the original intent was for the series to be divided into three arcs. The first arc which basically aired unaltered was centered around Athrun and Cagalli. The second arc was to be about Kira and Lacus. The third arc which would have been the bulk of the second half of the series would be centered around Shinn with the old characters like Kira and Athrun being moved into the background as support characters. Morosawa, though, for some reason didn't want Kira being shoved out of the spotlight and started doing rewrite after rewrite. Because of all the rewrites, the animation staff either had to do recap eps or reuse stock animation (one notable example was Impulse being accidentally replaced with the original Strike from SEED). It's also the reason why they've had to retcon stuff in either the Special Editions or in the model kits. There's also unconfirmed rumors that Morosawa had issues with some of the voice actors and rewrote some scenes to make the respective characters look bad. While it's never been proven, it would explain the drastic change in Cagalli's character... "
Also check out this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php...9g&page=22#550
Old 2011-02-19, 22:53   Link #1986
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post

No he is, look at how the series ended. If Kira was never central to the plot, how come that Athrun's actions were the direct results of Kira's actions? How come Shinn wanted to kill the Freedom's pilot. Kira's actions are relevant and concretely stamped into the plot. Also, it was also Kira's idea to bring Lacus to Earth with him would be critical to the plot. The foiling of Dulindal's grand scheme was credit to how they failed to assassinate, and it's all thanks to...

*the fiance stealin'*
*redhead lovin'*
*Ultimate Coordinator*
Kira Hibiki err... Yamato!

WHOOOOOO~!
Old 2011-02-20, 06:43   Link #1987
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

After rewatching Destiny I´m actually switching positions, it wasn´t so bad after all. It´s just that it could have been so much more. (I´m excluding the final battle from that though since those final episodes were just poorly done.)

I know I´m kicking in open doors.

In my opinion the biggest problem with Destiny is the fact that it could never decide on a main character. Too many cook´s, so to say. Fans of SEED were disappointed with how the fantastic four was portrayed and those that weren´t so much fond of them were disappointed with how Shinn was portrayed somewhere when Kira started to get involved in the main theme of the show. We also have the fact that somewhere along the line Kira became the main hero and Shinn was shafted and got the badge "Main villain´s Nr one fighter". Or rather, considering the how the ending went, maybe he didn´t even hold that title. Maybe that should go to Rey...

Edit//
If they truly care about SEED the best they can do would be to let it rest a few more years (five perhaps) before redoing most of it like how they did with FMA. In my opinion the first space arc doesn´t need altering and perhaps not up through the episode where Kira comebacks but the episodes after could pretty much be excluded from a remake.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 22:09   Link #1988
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
After rewatching Destiny I´m actually switching positions, it wasn´t so bad after all. It´s just that it could have been so much more. (I´m excluding the final battle from that though since those final episodes were just poorly done.)

I know I´m kicking in open doors.

In my opinion the biggest problem with Destiny is the fact that it could never decide on a main character. Too many cook´s, so to say. Fans of SEED were disappointed with how the fantastic four was portrayed and those that weren´t so much fond of them were disappointed with how Shinn was portrayed somewhere when Kira started to get involved in the main theme of the show. We also have the fact that somewhere along the line Kira became the main hero and Shinn was shafted and got the badge "Main villain´s Nr one fighter". Or rather, considering the how the ending went, maybe he didn´t even hold that title. Maybe that should go to Rey...
How could you write this, then believe that you've actually switched positions?^^ You could have LOVED GSD, and wrote what you just wrote and said you're switching positions to hate it now based on that ;D...
Old 2011-02-20, 22:21   Link #1989
CsrFSeiei

Because Kira dosent kill Shin when he has to
Old 2011-02-21, 12:31   Link #1990
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
How could you write this, then believe that you've actually switched positions?^^ You could have LOVED GSD, and wrote what you just wrote and said you're switching positions to hate it now based on that ;D...
I know, I know.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 13:58   Link #1991
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
While I love to have the option to provide a different opinion as well...

But once I have purchased more than a dozen MG kits from SEED/DESTINY and goddess-only-knows how many HG & other misc kits... I found out, its too late for me to turn from the Dark Side...

Its too late Jim... too late...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 02:02   Link #1992
GundamFan0083

My "two-cents."

IMHO, GSD failed to live up to the standards set in SEED.
I thought SEED was one of the best Gundam series to come out in recent years (well before 00 and Unicorn, but time marches on).

Destiny just fell short of expectations.
It wasn't a horrible series (like Blue Seed for example), but it was mediocre at best.
For a Gundam series it was a let down.

The plot had too many holes in it.
To me the drama and tension just wasn't there like it was in SEED.
Athrun verses Kira in SEED was more believable and flowed better than Shin verses Kira.

The rehash of battle scenes was pretty darn bad, but not unheard of in anime.
The arcs were choppy (well the first arc was good).

Other than that I dunno, just seemed like it could have been a better OVA rather than a whole new series.
Something akin to 8th MS or 0083.
Old 2011-02-22, 23:14   Link #1993
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
The arcs were choppy (well the first arc was good).
This is another reason GSD is rated so harshly (by me and others)...If it had started off bad, it would have been easy to just be disappointed, but what makes people almost wanna scream at the thought of the show was how absolutely grand the first 4-7 episodes were...At the time I thought that was perhaps the strongest opening I'd seen in Gundam, so to go from that skyhigh, to Sting Clones, Mr. No-Killer Tomatoes, SEED-Mode popstars, etc,...It was like watching a diamond turn back into a clump of crap coal...Let's not even talk about the ending, which was quite frankly the worse work of literature I'd ever encountered (Book, movies, etc.,)..It doesn't help that I'm a masochist, obviously^^...

I mean sometimes I think about what Gilbert was doing and how awesome it would be now given the economical climate following the latest world recession...All the dude did was propose an effin job-fair and went bonkers when he found out Miley Cyrus Clyne was gonna $hit on his plan with a music video...It's really silly that he died over that...But them the breaks...
Old 2011-08-28, 22:56   Link #1994
Washu-Chan