AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-09, 09:59   Link #301
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
But even though I managed to win against all the girls there, some rules are still puzzling...
Is it important to know the more detailed ones, or is it ok to have a general grasp of the concept?
Actually, you shouldn't have any probelms to watch this even though you have zero knowledge in mahjong ,but if you know about Mahjong it will be funnier to watch.

What you should learn/know are

- the meaning of the game's terms (Ron, Tsumo, Chi, Pon, kan ,Dora, Riichi, furiten, tenpai)

- Types of winning hand

These two things are enough to enjoy Saki series.
Old 2012-04-09, 10:00   Link #302
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
5 more days! 5 more days!
http://countdown.mandragon.info/

Listened to Drama CD.

VA comment
- Shizuno voice is a bit annoying ,but I guess I can get use to it.
- I have a hard time trying to figue out which lines are Ako voice - -'' Her voice is ok.
- What a nice voice you have here, Kuro
- Yuu has cute voice
- Your voice fits you perfectly, Arata.
1st point: I think you haven't watched Symphogear...(Someone(Same VA) from that show has the bad tuning of her own character song, and.....You go watch.(There is a spoiler that i do not want to tell. ))
2nd point: Voice too familiar?
3rd point: Kuro-chan maji tenshi? *is shot from 2 years of range*
4th point: Err i need help. I hardly hear the VA of Yuu though.(I think totally never watch shows that has MAKO as a VA of one of the characters.(Its a coincidence i swear.))
5th point: Pointed for truth.

Geez, what are the College student and the First year student(Watch it hours ago so i forgot.) doing to Nodoka(Though i got to admit, a 6th grade and has that big si- *IS SHOT*...Is...ni...ce...*dies*)? X(

Back on topic, since this is a spinoff, that means it is like a railway track that starts off out from the main line, then by the time they reach the main line the side story ends right?

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-04-09 at 10:13.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 10:06   Link #303
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 10:06   Link #304
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
I think you haven't watched Symphogear...(Am i wrong to say that Shizuno's VA is Yuuki Aoi?(Forgot...))
(I just noice Hibiki and Shizuno have same VA lol)

I watched Symphogear. Hibiki voice is OK.

Shizuno voice when she shout in Drama CD is annoying ,but in anime it sounds ok for me ,so I don't have problem anymore.

To tell you the truth: VA is never be my condition to watch or not watch the show. I usually have problem in recognizing VA voice even he/she is popular one ,so most of time, I only care how each character voice sound like in anime not who voice for them.

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-04-09 at 10:19.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 10:12   Link #305
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Actually, you shouldn't have any probelms to watch this even though you have zero knowledge in mahjong ,but if you know about Mahjong it will be funnier to watch.

What you should learn/know are

- the meaning of the game's terms (Ron, Tsumo, Chi, Pon, kan ,Dora, Riichi, furiten, tenpai)

- Types of winning hand

- The rest is optional.

The most important thing is you have to play it yourself. You'll never understand it if you just read the rules.
I know most of them, so that's great then.
Ok, one thing that I never understood:
-You can either collect your tiles hidden, until you get a winning hand.
-Or you can pick up tiles and complete small sets, one at a time.

I had the impression, that doing the latter is absolutely worthless. It seems you can not score many points and it is harder to complete your last set, because it comes with weird conditions like 'it has to be a drawn tile'?
Everytime I tried this, I ended up stuck on my last few tiles.

Is this a winning strategy? I saw one of the girls do this in episode 1 already.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 10:14   Link #306
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
I watched Symphogear. Hibiki voice is OK.

Shizuno voice when she shout in Drama CD is annoying ,but in anime it sound ok for me ,so I don't have problem anymore.
Episode 9 pl0x... Now imagine her shouting "GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" before a tsumo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 1:
Ahem...You were here longer than me... Hibiki's VA= Shizuno's VA.(Both are the Genki type so don't worry...)(I think...Just hope QB/Fine character wise doesn't stand in the way.)

At least i still have my Tsundere girl in my avatar.
Old 2012-04-09, 10:19   Link #307
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Ahem...You were here longer than me... Hibiki's VA= Shizuno's VA.

At least i still have my Tsundere girl in my avatar.
I know that both characters are voiced by Aoi Yuki, but their voices looks so similar : energetic.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-09, 10:22   Link #308
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I know that both characters are voiced by Aoi Yuki, but their voices looks so similar : energetic.
Should i show you Episode 9 again?
Ahh good times... I still remember Symphogear being part of Gundam franchise...
Oh well, when it airs though...?

I am going to watch this till the end.(Can't marathon already after watching Modern Magic Made Easy, brain is screwed thanks to what the characters who know computers did. (Good for hackers though))

Anyway, what actually happened 6 years ago? Why the college student(A.k.a mahjong teacher) lose?(Don't tell me another Yakuman newbie again?)

So should Saki be a sub-forum? Or leave it like this?(Since they are "related".)
Old 2012-04-09, 10:34   Link #309
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Anyway, what actually happened 6 years ago? Why the college student(A.k.a mahjong teacher) lose?(Don't tell me another Yakuman newbie again?)
It was quite simple: she just made a lot of mistakes at the Nationals and the points lost caused her team to lose. She ran away from her pain, but by the time she was ready to play again, she couldn't capture that feeling she once had. Thus, in order to atone for her "sins" (mistakes), she took on the duty of teaching children to play so the future would be brighter for Achiga.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 10:34   Link #310
Marina2

@Scarletknive You edited your reply so many time (well, me too )

Quote:
Back on topic, since this is a spinoff, that means it is like a railway track that starts off out from the main line, then by the time they reach the main line the side story ends right?
For your question, you can go to read my post here.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=413259
Old 2012-04-09, 10:45   Link #311
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
@Scarletknive You edited your reply so many time (well, me too )

For your question, you can go to read my post here.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=413259
Oh... Ok now i get it...(But then, that means it will stop at that last battle point right?(Lucky i watch the Original one first. )

quite confused with my own sentence, so tomorrow i will rewrite the thing again.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-04-09 at 10:56.
Old 2012-04-09, 12:51   Link #312
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ahhh how good it is to see Nodoka-chan again, it's like blissful ignorant heaven

Good start so far and can't wait till we get to the thick of it all, with the absurd and crazy!

Think I'm gonna really like Ako, something about her thats got charm.
Old 2012-04-09, 13:39   Link #313
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

not too bad i dont like flashbacks but i knew it was coming cause of the manga so i braced myself and actually found it to be pretty good ^^

The animation style is different than saki but at least they still focus on the legs

im really looking forward to this one
Old 2012-04-09, 15:35   Link #314
Valky
Radioactive

It's back! Crazy Mahjong anime .. although I don't understand Mahjong at all.

Not the sequel that I was hoping, but this is fine too.

I didn't read the manga so I don't know anything about the story, but it turns out fine.

Btw, Nodoka's clothe at the end is quite daring. lololol.
Old 2012-04-09, 17:51   Link #315
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Great first episode, really liked it. This is a nice blend of moe and plot that I can enjoy. For anyone who is wondering of the rules of Riichi Mahjong, there's a thread in the Games forum, and I made a basic overview post on my blog as well, but I'd ask for that through VM or PM if you're interested. That, and I recommend you watch Akagi either way, since it's a fantastic series revolving around the game and teaches you quite about it along the way.

So about the first episode. Nodoka! Very cute to see the younger kids playing Mahjong with their enthusiastic but washed up teacher. It's got a traditional "Karate Kid" feel to it, but with little girls and Mahjong. xD

As for the kids themselves...I swear that Shizu's never wearing pants...or underwear for that matter. Is that part of the joke?
Old 2012-04-09, 19:33   Link #316
ion475
にこにこにー

To start...Nodoka from Achiga-hen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nodoka from Saki. I don't even like Nodoka in the original Saki but she's way to adorable to ignored here...

As far as voice is concern, I can't even recognized Hanazawa's, much less the genki version of Aoi Yuuki (I still like her Victorique/Tooru voice a lot more)...

On a side note, though, too bad this is 12 episodes, or else I'm pretty sure there would be a lot more Nodocchi action.

P.S. That 2 seconds of Tacos...くぎゅううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううう うううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううううう ううううううううううううううううう
Old 2012-04-09, 20:08   Link #317
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post

As for the kids themselves...I swear that Shizu's never wearing pants...or underwear for that matter. Is that part of the joke?
Yep. In the Saki-verse no girl wears panties, heck some don't even wear bra's (Nodoka). And Shizu took it one step further by not wearing pants .
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 02:37   Link #318
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
As far as voice is concern, I can't even recognized Hanazawa's, much less the genki version of Aoi Yuuki (I still like her Victorique/Tooru voice a lot more)...
I'll give you Aoi Yuuki, as I couldn't recognize her either, but Kana Hanazawa was a dead giveaway IMO.

Anyway, I liked this first episode. Nice little throwback to the original series with Nodoka (whom I never cared much about in the original series) and most of the other characters were quite likable.

As long as this show continues to be interesting, I don't really care if it's short.
Old 2012-04-10, 03:07   Link #319
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I'll give you Aoi Yuuki, as I couldn't recognize her either, but Kana Hanazawa was a dead giveaway IMO.

Anyway, I liked this first episode. Nice little throwback to the original series with Nodoka (whom I never cared much about in the original series) and most of the other characters were quite likable.

As long as this show continues to be interesting, I don't really care if it's short.
Have you watched Madoka or Symphogear by any chance?(To both you and ion) Kana Hanazawa voices in a lot of shows already... like you said, there is no way we cannot recognize her...(For i know she voices Kanade... and err...quite a lot.. there is no way we can't recognize her unless she speaks differently, unless if its like Saito Chiwa.(You can't tell whether if its her who voices that character.))

We see whether if its still in the slice of life route or going to Mahjong route in the next episode. This is supposed to be Side Story... No side stories ever go beyond 2 cour actually. And i think there will be new abilities shown in the following episodes.(As long as there is no Yakuman Newbie there, it will be fun.(Cause a Yakuman(and by that i mean like Kokushi Musou or All green or all Wind tiles) will be near impossible, let alone a newbie.)
Old 2012-04-10, 03:58   Link #320
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

So much hate for Nodoka. People don't even care about melon-sized breasts.
Anyways, I find Shizuno so adorable !!! I absolutely adored how she wears jersey almost all the time, but too bad she doesn't wear any underwear, considering that nopan is the primary thought of fanservice in Saki.
MyAnimeList

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri