AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-20, 16:16   Link #1901
magnuskn

I really don't get why Kirito is so popular. Dude always has the Godmode cheat on. At least Ledouche had flaws, even though he was le douche. Seems Alto getting owned by Brera a few times was his downfall to gain higher popularity.
Old 2013-03-20, 16:35   Link #1902
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I would argue Kirito went through similar rise & falls, and the alleged Godmode was never an assured factor. Then there is Asuna. Without Asuna, Kirito would have taken a very different approach in the virtual world he inhabited.

As for Alto... he is really too indecisive to be popular on New Type. One can recognize that by just comparing him to his peers. I don't think I recall an indecisive hero ever appearing on New Type for long. Fortunately, the movies improved that aspect of his, though.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-03-20, 17:31   Link #1903
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Alto had too many problems. (Many I won't name since they've been discussed before.)

Kirito is way too popular with no real reasons. The first season was great, except if he'd never met Asuna, he'd have continued to be a lone player & never amounted to anything, then he'd be forgotten like Alto. He had to be the main hero & use the Godmode. Plus, it was already bad enough that his only reason for living after meeting Asuna was for Asuna. He couldn't really stand on his own as a person. That is what hindered the second half badly; because he needed so many people supporting him in order to rise to power again. & sadly, the way it is presented is even more horrible than the aspect.

Sorry, I don't really linger on the Macross boards lately because they're so inactive. Yeah, I re-read & yes, I understand all of you are giving your opinions. I apologize for my outburst. I blame my lack of sleep over doing homework at the last second due to my job.

I guess we'll know the answer when this month's poll is posted.
Old 2013-03-21, 02:38   Link #1904
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
@Westlo: & Alto falls under the category of characters to be removed.
*insert Reggie not my problem pic*
Old 2013-03-21, 13:51   Link #1905
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I would argue Kirito went through similar rise & falls, and the alleged Godmode was never an assured factor. Then there is Asuna. Without Asuna, Kirito would have taken a very different approach in the virtual world he inhabited.

As for Alto... he is really too indecisive to be popular on New Type. One can recognize that by just comparing him to his peers. I don't think I recall an indecisive hero ever appearing on New Type for long. Fortunately, the movies improved that aspect of his, though.

- Tak
While I like that he was made more decisive in the movie, I think overall his character arc there was not as interesting as the one in the series.
Old 2013-03-21, 19:52   Link #1906
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Alto had too many problems. (Many I won't name since they've been discussed before.)

Kirito is way too popular with no real reasons. The first season was great, except if he'd never met Asuna, he'd have continued to be a lone player & never amounted to anything, then he'd be forgotten like Alto. He had to be the main hero & use the Godmode. Plus, it was already bad enough that his only reason for living after meeting Asuna was for Asuna. He couldn't really stand on his own as a person. That is what hindered the second half badly; because he needed so many people supporting him in order to rise to power again. & sadly, the way it is presented is even more horrible than the aspect.

Sorry, I don't really linger on the Macross boards lately because they're so inactive. Yeah, I re-read & yes, I understand all of you are giving your opinions. I apologize for my outburst. I blame my lack of sleep over doing homework at the last second due to my job.

I guess we'll know the answer when this month's poll is posted.
Kirito is a Gary Stu and a bit of self insert character hence his popularity.

He's still not deserving of being so high on the rankings though.
Old 2013-03-21, 23:59   Link #1907
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Feb? We over that.

April.

No idea if she was in March or not.
According to the April poll she placed 8th the previous month.
Old 2013-03-22, 02:10   Link #1908
magnuskn

So much for "she won't climb up the ranks anymore". ^^
Old 2013-03-22, 10:58   Link #1909
Tak

Wow, no Lacus or Kira on the list? Say it ain't so!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-03-22, 19:58   Link #1910
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Nice to see Sheryl still holding strong after all these years. She is such an amazing character.

Also i have no problem with Kirito being ranked higher than Alto. Not that I'd rank him #1 in any rankings. Because I wouldn't.
Old 2013-03-22, 22:31   Link #1911
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
According to the April poll she placed 8th the previous month.
According to that, Kirito has been #1 for two months & Asuna was bumped down from #1 to #5. She might just get back up.

Oops, wrong anime to talk about.

Yeah; so Sheryl stays up for now. We'll just have to see how long she holds it.
Old 2013-03-24, 03:00   Link #1912
magnuskn

Given how she has stayed there for, oh, four+ years, I'd say she'll stay for quite a while.
Old 2013-04-08, 13:40   Link #1913
darkplataform

Lol, as if Sheryl had something to prove.

May NT
Quote:
Old 2013-04-08, 15:22   Link #1914
magnuskn

True enough.

Aaand place 8 this month.
Old 2013-04-09, 07:13   Link #1915
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

& Kirito is still #1... but why the hell choose that picture? No one really liked the second half of the series. Damn idiots who chose that pic.
Old 2013-04-09, 08:03   Link #1916
magnuskn

I am still hugely disappointed that Mr. Godmode Cheat is consecutively elected as the best male character. I hated Ledouche, but at least he was very, very fallible.
Old 2013-04-09, 08:16   Link #1917
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Kirito from the Aincrad arc proved his willpower & died in the end, for everyone to escape from SAO. In truth, he was a very selfless person. But after three episodes of the next arc, I stopped watching altogether with the idea to catch up later. He had completely changed from that selfless man into "everything is for Asuna (who is the damsel in distress)." I lost all respect for the character in that arc. & it takes a lot for me to lose respect for a character. I'll admit, it wasn't his fault. I blame all of his flaws for that arc on the short time span given to the arc & the scriptwriters and producers who chucked out the short season (if you'd call it that). In the end, it ain't Kirito's fault... but he is also slightly to blame.

Still, worst picture in the world to pick for his poll picture. Who the heck is choosing these pictures? I mean, really... can't choose a better one?
Old 2013-04-09, 17:21   Link #1918
leolim

Wow depite the hate on Sheryl she had more votes.
Old 2013-04-09, 18:07   Link #1919
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Quote:
Originally Posted by leolim View Post
Hate on Sheryl? In Japan? She's been on the NewType Top 10 poll pretty much since Frontier began and only dropped off a few times while even the series is gone from the NT list by now, her merchandise sells like hot cakes, her Visual Collection FINAL was sold out in online shops the day it came out and was unavailable for weeks, her shoujo manga series was so popular they ended up giving it another volume a year after the 2nd movie. You can say a lot of things about Sheryl, but that she gets a lot of hate is not one of them. Even in the west (especially on this board).
Old 2013-04-09, 18:31   Link #1920
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by leolim View Post
Hate on Sheryl?

That would have made a great April Fools prank...

- Tak

Closed Thread

Tags
characters, favorite