AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-31, 22:48   Link #1101
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Can we get a translation of this?
Spoiler for You asked:
Old 2012-05-31, 23:00   Link #1102
Random Wanderer

Sigh. Get a grip on your tongue, Chieri. If you keep hurting your friends, things aren't going to go well for you.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 23:04   Link #1103
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Sigh. Get a grip on your tongue, Chieri. If you keep hurting your friends, things aren't going to go well for you.
Well, we don't know the details yet so let's wait and see. I wonder how that beach scene fits in all this though.

Thanks for the TL, Raiga!
Old 2012-05-31, 23:21   Link #1104
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
I wonder how that beach scene fits in all this though.
Well why do you think they're getting fan letters? :P

And no problem.
Old 2012-05-31, 23:22   Link #1105
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Chieri really can't help herself. Otherwise its getting to the point where you almost think that she wants everyone in the group to dislike her.

But yeah best to wait and see how the next episode goes.
Old 2012-06-01, 00:20   Link #1106
mochichan

Quote:
We need an antagonist in this show that will create friction and drama in the group and I guess that's going to be Chieri...:|

Maybe it's going to be similar to Kanata where her harsh word helped her release her pent up feeling.

I'm assuming the beach scene have to be them relaxing and taking a break + it is summer over in Japan + AKB just released their summer song....expecting already Ponytail/Kachuusha insert songs, maybe Manatsu to help pimp out their new record breaking 1.6 million in first week single.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 00:33   Link #1107
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
We need an antagonist in this show that will create friction and drama in the group and I guess that's going to be Chieri...:|

Maybe it's going to be similar to Kanata where her harsh word helped her release her pent up feeling.
Considering what Chieri said in the PV, whatever she told Orine was probably meant to help. But you know, this is Chieri we're talking about, she wants to help, but ends up making everyone cry.

But yeah, it seems her main purpose in the story for now is to introduce conflict and tension. I do hope Okada has more in store for her though, since her bitchy act is getting old fast.
Old 2012-06-01, 04:18   Link #1108
chaosprophet

Regarding Chieri I guess it's just a mix of not really knowing what to say plus the fact that she take AKB0048 and becoming a successor as something very serious, and gets annoying when she sees the other girls taking it in a way she thinks it's lightly.

Looking back at episode 1, on the concert on Lancastar 4 years ago, there is a girl that looks a lot like the current Sae, and even pilots a mecha like her, and who I thought it was her, but actually have different hair and eyes color. If she happens to be the previous Sae then at least one of the 8 famous member the story shows more of wasn't there since 4 years ago.

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2012-06-01 at 05:29.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 07:59   Link #1109
mochichan

I kinda like Chieri bitch act..:P
All the other girls are too nice.
But I think it's more like Chieri is pretty awkward with handling other people emotions too.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 12:05   Link #1110
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Considering what Chieri said in the PV, whatever she told Orine was probably meant to help. But you know, this is Chieri we're talking about, she wants to help, but ends up making everyone cry.

But yeah, it seems her main purpose in the story for now is to introduce conflict and tension. I do hope Okada has more in store for her though, since her bitchy act is getting old fast.
Glossary is also updated now:

http://akb0048.jp/glossary/

The DGTO fleets rely on Dualium to travel across the galaxy and maintain their hold on the galaxy. Planets like Rankastar maintain their neverending need for resources.
Old 2012-06-01, 16:53   Link #1111
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Glossary is also updated now:

http://akb0048.jp/glossary/
Aaand the translations are now updated too. Here.
Old 2012-06-01, 20:24   Link #1112
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Aaand the translations are now updated too. Here.
Thanks a lot once more for the trans. If you're willing and have the time, could you translate or take a look to see if there is any interesting info on the characters summaries on the main site? Like that bit about Takamina being AKB0048's captain so far don't seem to be anywhere else.

There is a lot of interesting new info on this new batch. So the idol aura is really related with souls. I wonder if it will be related with how the succession system works... will their souls "connect" with the original members souls XD?
Old 2012-06-01, 21:14   Link #1113
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
So the idol aura is really related with souls. I wonder if it will be related with how the succession system works... will their souls "connect" with the original members souls XD?

Yeah, no... I'm not sure it means "soul" in the literal sense.

Anyway, this line caught my attention:

Quote:
Kirara are attracted to the radiance of human souls, and glow when that radiance flares.
This seems to suggest that all human souls possess this radiance. If so, then I suppose an idol would be a person whose soul can glow even more than the average...

Needless to say I still think this "soul" thing is some sort of symbolism.

"AKB0048 are the idols who sing their love."

That's what Mimori said, right? Maybe that's what having the "soul of an idol" means: being able to sing your love, as corny as that sounds.
Old 2012-06-01, 21:20   Link #1114
sa547
*Author

^
That confirms what I was thinking about (along the lines of Macross Frontier, about idols and fold manipulation) when I first watched the Kirara interact with the veterans, and the critters do get excited and light up.
Old 2012-06-01, 21:36   Link #1115
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
^
That confirms what I was thinking about (along the lines of Macross Frontier, about idols and fold manipulation) when I first watched the Kirara interact with the veterans, and the critters do get excited and light up.
Of course the Dualium also proves my theory right about DGTO, why bother with idols when you can do the same by working people to death in Dualium mines? After they are the Deep Galaxy Trade Organization and profit comes before love and music.
Old 2012-06-01, 21:49   Link #1116
sa547
*Author

BTW, information about the OP/ED tracks have been released:
http://akb0048.jp/release/cd.html
Old 2012-06-01, 22:22   Link #1117
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
If you're willing and have the time, could you translate or take a look to see if there is any interesting info on the characters summaries on the main site?
Sure thing. Character profiles are in progress, but it'll take a while before I finish. I'll update every few characters I get done.

EDIT: And two hours later, that's all the character profiles. Slightly exhausting, but they're done.

Last edited by Raiga; 2012-06-02 at 00:16.
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 23:14   Link #1118
mechdra

DGTO = Capitalism pig? Sound like someone who need to be kicked on stage.

The mysterious graduation of the Center Nova is indeed related to the kirara. They probably go transported somewhere else by kirara at the peak of the concert.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 23:31   Link #1119
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
The mysterious graduation of the Center Nova is indeed related to the kirara. They probably go transported somewhere else by kirara at the peak of the concert.
The statements about the kirara flocking to the centers and glowing more brightly around them than ever, and that when their glow reachers its peak they "unlock the power to transcend space and time" certainly seems to support the theory I tossed out. If that is what's happening, the conventions of storytelling make it somewhat more likely that the centers are still alive (or, at least, that they were still alive when their journey via kirara ended). It would be unnecessarily tragic and anticlimactic for folks to discover "yeah, they all just got teleported randomly... most of them ended up in deep space and died in a few seconds. Kinda sucks." after all. They likely ended up somewhere (or somewhen) specific.

It's still just a theory at this point, though. It seems to fit the facts, but we can't prove it yet.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 23:46   Link #1120
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
DGTO = Capitalism pig? Sound like someone who need to be kicked on stage.

Yep, the DGTO are pretty much a combination of the Spacing guild and Big Brother.

Last edited by asaqe; 2012-06-02 at 02:10.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime