AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-22, 04:56   Link #241
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

To be honest, when Minorin started to be distant from Ryuugi I began to get rather unfavorable to her. I dunno why but i found her to be rather fake after that.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Old 2009-04-23, 04:30   Link #242
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Yah i definetely agree on that part. She started to like Ryuuji after they spent time together and it kinda exploded once she saw the picture of the race. However, i would have wanted for Ryuuji to stay with Minori. She shouldnt have tried to act like a "martyr" and if she really liked Ryuu like she said, she should have grabbed the oportunity.
Old 2009-04-23, 17:47   Link #243
Taken

I think if you would have watched the school festival arc, you would have realized that the friendship of Taiga and Minori is very strong. For the good part of her first year in school, Minori is like the only friend Taiga had. To add to that Taiga is very separated from her parents.

And very early on, Minori understood that Taiga and Ryuji like each other (ep 8 being most obvious). It's just that they didn't realized it. She was also aware that the Ryuji she has fallen for was the Ryuji that cared very much for Taiga.

She even had her worse fear came true in ep 18 in a way when she broke something very precious to Taiga. It was a parallel to what she feared if she were to "take away" Ryuji from Taiga.

But eventually she found the way to resolve all these in ep 24. Her confession, her clarification and her courage to move on. That kinda earned another new respect with the fans and of course that moved the story on as well.

Last edited by Taken; 2009-04-24 at 11:28.
Old 2010-08-25, 05:01   Link #244
Heiwatsuki

same, i also felt somewhat a dislike against minorin who used to be one of my favorite characters when she started showing her dark side. i used to be a minorin and ryuji supporter but after seeing taiga cry when ryuji left to go to the party, i just couldnt help feel guilty. minorin just plain scared me when she started cussing at taigo to herself after taigo made minorin grab ryujis sleeve. She scares me now too.. i dont really like the fact she acts all happy and ect but in reality her inside personality is alot more depressing and different. she should act more true to herself and she shouldive fought for ryuji.... it mustive really pained her to watch her best friend running away to get married with the person minorin loves. and she even gave them her life savings... shes an okay girl i guess, she used to be my fav but she scares me still T.T.
Old 2010-09-02, 17:15   Link #245
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Minori doesn't actually love Ryuuji.

Her entire "dark side," as the above poster put it, stems from her inability to come to terms with the fact that she's in love with Taiga.

I'm pretty convinced that she only "confessed" to liking Ryuuji while they were chasing after Taiga, was to force Taiga to make a decision. The end result supports this argument.

Plus, Minori isn't stupid, even though she holds the Idiot Ball almost as much as Ryuuji does, but seriously, puzzling out one's sexuality is not exactly a pleasant or easy task, especially when the person you're in love with is your best friend.
Old 2010-10-14, 09:33   Link #246
keroro gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Minori doesn't actually love Ryuuji.

I'm pretty convinced that she only "confessed" to liking Ryuuji while they were chasing after Taiga, was to force Taiga to make a decision. The end result supports this argument.

Plus, Minori isn't stupid, even though she holds the Idiot Ball almost as much as Ryuuji does, but seriously, puzzling out one's sexuality is not exactly a pleasant or easy task, especially when the person you're in love with is your best friend.
I agree with your opinion. Minori didn't actually love Ryuuji.
I guess Minori did not spend time with ryuuji enough to fall in love with him...
Old 2010-11-19, 17:43   Link #247
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Every now and then, a series has the "it" girl - someone who has all the traits of the ideal partner. In Toradora!, that was Minori: she was smart, charismatic, outgoing, spontaneous, hard-working, had a funny sense of humor, an athlete, mature, considerate, and so on.

At first, I wanted Minori to be with Ryuuji. However, despite being a nice guy, he was too immature and did not deserve such a great girl. By the end of the show, Ryuuji was better suited with Taiga who was more on his level. I'm sure after high school, some great guy more fitting for Minori would have captured her heart. I really felt sorry for Minori when she became emotionallly unstable thanks in part to the contradictory behavior by both Ryuuji and Taiga.
Old 2011-01-25, 11:01   Link #248
BarryW

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroro gunsou View Post
I agree with your opinion. Minori didn't actually love Ryuuji.
I guess Minori did not spend time with ryuuji enough to fall in love with him...
I don't think she was in love with him in the beginning but she was attracted to him. Think about how friendly she was with him from the beginning. Minori is an expert at the indirect. Think back to the beach scene where they talk about ghosts and ufos. She talks about not believing in things she can't see. Ryujii hasn't even told her he likes her. She's talking about that. She doesn't know how she feels until he actually tells her he likes her because she can't believe in something that she hasn't seen (his love). If he had just come out and confessed to her she would have reacted positively. The tragedy is that she is liking him more and more but also knows how close Ryujii and Taiga have become. She also loves Taiga and that sets up the tension in her. Her attraction to Ryujii appears in her mind as a betrayal of Taiga. Breaking Taiga's ornament symbolized all of the fears she had of betraying her. When she sees Taiga's breakdown she's resolved to not get between them even though Taiga had denied (again) that there was nothing between her and Ryujii.
Old 2011-01-28, 11:34   Link #249
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I really didn't like her character, even to the last moment
Spoiler:
I just saw his expression and got a bad feeling about it, thought it was gonna try to take Ryuji or something like that... However, when I noticed which really was coming on, I just got shocked, from there on I started to like her attitude a lot
Old 2011-09-18, 21:23   Link #250
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I like Minori character trope, its sad that it didn't turn in her favor, but it would of been a easily forgettable show, if it did.

She deserve someone better than the main protagonist, or maybe the better word would be compatibility.
Old 2011-09-24, 08:04   Link #251
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Minorin could've ended up with ryuuji if she just let it happen. but she didn't, she chose her dream and her friendship with taiga. Ryuuji's feelings were pretty unclear to me though. It's like when he and taiga got together, it appeared forced so just to have them end up with each other. He's been in love with minorin and i still believe he is.
Old 2011-09-24, 13:44   Link #252
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

True, Ryuuji pursued Minorin near the end but i don't see his relationship with Taiga thaaat forced, we have withnessed the growing feelings they have for each other, Taiga's are more clear because of her personality, she's the kind of girl whose feeling are more obvious the more she tries to ignore or hide them. But Ryuuji is a calm guy, his feelings talk more through his actions rather than his words, he's infautuated with Minorin since last year but, as Ami points out, he idolizes Minorin which is also a possible obstacle for an honest relationship.

Things looked rushed at the end but his feelings for Taiga are real. The story makes a really smart move by letting Ryuuji and Taiga actually getting aware of how rushed the whole thing is, so they decide to to part ways to resolve their own important issues and let those feelings mature a bit more. They're sepparated for a whole year during which Ryuuji remains good friends with Minori, they now share a more honest relationship(if that is good or bad depends on the viewer).

I see Ryuuji x Minori somehow similar to Kyon x Mikuru, only to a less sick level(seriously, Kyon's fantasies and descriptions of Mikuru are a bit creepy sometimes). Both idolize their love interests from a safe distance at first and then start to approach to them and discover more of their human side but still covering them in that veil of admiration that, in a sense, keeps them appart. It's kind of complicated to explain.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-23, 12:01   Link #253
ToraNorDora

I disagree,I feel Love was never in question for Minori and Ryūji from the very beginning she was the one to notice him and was totally aware of his feelings,she wanted to end up with Ryuji so she didn't rush it or chase it cause she feels if its to be it'll happen,she knew what type of guy he really was but also she knew what type of guy he could be so from the very beginning she indirectly cheered him on and she was waiting for the day he would be could no the day he would know without a doubt how she truly felt and tell her those words,when Taiga says Minori wouldn't wait Forever comes into play because how long can Taiga truly not have higher feelings for ryuuji. Minori seen the growth of ryuuji before her,when she says she didn't expect him to be so straight foward,but she knows Taiga was the one that gave him that growth not her she was the one who made ryuiji stronger.Minori thought Taiga needed ryujii that's why she always put up the airhead act and work hard to show she could make it that in the end no matter the pain she would be alright.her love truly showed the night she "rejected" ryuji she abruptly spoke and ran off the, reason she cut ryuji short was that she know what he would say but how could she bear it without breaking down how could she accept those words she was waiting so long for without sorrow. She know Taiga feelings and she know there's was not an option of someone not getting hurt that's what Ami meant when she told ryuji I hope your the only one getting hurt and when she told Minori are you done feeling guilty yet. Marion felt Taiga need Ryuji,as much as Minori loved ryuji she wanted him but to her she made the decision that to take away what Taiga needed would be to much,Taiga had no family and she found one in ryuji who was Minori to even think of taking that away.I feel at the end ryuji respected her and accepted her wishes. I personally feel what Minori and Ryuji had was incredible its not the fact that lovers always end up together but what they sacrifice. Maybe they didn't end up together, probably was for the best but in terms of love I say it doesn't get any better.
Old 2012-08-02, 13:47   Link #254
K-Lynnette

Why do people think that Minorin is gay ?
Old 2012-08-02, 14:13   Link #255
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Lynnette View Post
Why do people think that Minorin is gay ?
Probably because she outright says she might be a lesbian after the Festival race in Episode 13.
Old 2012-08-02, 14:39   Link #256
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Lol, probably.

Also because she implied she's not sure if she lost Ryuuji to Taiga or Taiga to Ryuuji xDU

Poor Minorin xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, drama