AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-06-25, 22:56   Link #301
Sasukeuzi

Liberal Arts city really is going to be essential to the Daihaseisai Arc.
When Saten
Spoiler for Spoil from manga:

If they didn't do that, so many people would be so confused.
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 01:30   Link #302
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
It would be most likely based on her element (air) and as in magic linked to some other being power or miracle.
But Zoroastrianism is really extensive religion, with tons of good and bad beings.
There are also lot of miracles and it even has it's own judgement day.

I am not an expert on it, I read only few pages on wiki, but most notable stuff I found was:
Spoiler for size:

You mean she has a major role lol. It's not that minor. It'll probably be + emphasized in the anime as well, I'm guessing. (I didn't quote this part of what you said).

I'm reposting this in Index speculation. You are a boss for posting this.

I noticed the link between this and the plot... especially the parts you bolded. I'm guessing you noticed as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
If reversing esper development just because it's only a little was possible than Tsuchimikado would have done it. Same thing with getting a magic item to allow him to do magic.

Accelerator didn't really "protect" himself from magic so much as stop it from immediately killing him. It still did a lot of damage.

Saten is never going to learn to use magic. It's just not possible in the story. She might get to use some magic items but I really doubt it.

Most likely she will discover that her 'charm' works and gives her good luck and be happy with that. And that's if any sort of development happens at all.
Maybe, but what Zaarael said about Accel. He was talking about what I was talking about in a vague manner...
Spoiler for NT Volume 2 Index:

Yeah, I was suggesting a grimoire or something could help her change...

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-27 at 01:49.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 09:44   Link #303
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
If reversing esper development just because it's only a little was possible than Tsuchimikado would have done it. Same thing with getting a magic item to allow him to do magic.
No, he had to remain both esper and magician in order to be double agent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
But, so we still have 5 episodes (I didn't know)? ( -_-)........
Yes, it was just confirmed. 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 -> Remaining episodes of Sister arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerofSatenRuiko View Post
Or they just could have decided NOT to make the Sisters Arc at all, and create a series similar to season1, using some manga and LN material and many anime original content
It seems your wishes were fullfilled. They are doing original Arc.
Even though I know they can't add any "development" to the main cast, I am still hoping for at least good story.
I am sure they can do something like the S1 part 2.

As for what can there be for Saten, who knows...
Maybe she could learn a little bit about magic (so it would be more reasonable to show it in future seasons)
She could learn that her power (even if a Level 0 power) was there by her side all the time, helping her as much as it could (luck, intuition..)
Figure out that even people with powers can have it hard, as in find someone that wishes he/she would never gain any powers.
Use some computer to temporary boost her powers to a reasonable level and defeat someone on her own. (it would be a foreshadowing for the Exterior)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Yeah, I was suggesting a grimoire or something could help her change...
Something like that could definitely break the rules.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 14:07   Link #304
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
As for what can there be for Saten, who knows...
Maybe she could learn a little bit about magic (so it would be more reasonable to show it in future seasons)
She could learn that her power (even if a Level 0 power) was there by her side all the time, helping her as much as it could (luck, intuition..)
Figure out that even people with powers can have it hard, as in find someone that wishes he/she would never gain any powers.
Use some computer to temporary boost her powers to a reasonable level and defeat someone on her own. (it would be a foreshadowing for the Exterior)
I feel like you are expecting a little much lol. I think it'll be a short anime original arc + LA city. I'm still expecting it. I don't think they won't put it in. Not after how much they referenced it. I really doubt they won't put it in... lol

I don't think Saten would even get a hint of this until at least chapter 61 next month of Railgun manga which Touma might just interrupt.................

The computer part is interesting. I would like to see that foreshadowing... but it doesn't have to be with Saten. There are plenty of other characters. It could work on Yui, I mean Uiharu (raildex tans finally saw them all).

But... I would like Saten to get powers, many fans would buy DVDs/BDs like crazy she'd be badass and awesome

Oh yeah and did you check out my repost of your post in Index LN manga readers speculation. You should check it out. I realized a lot of things from what you said.
Old 2013-07-26, 11:19   Link #305
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Finally an appearance in episode 16!
Short shorts plus stockings @ twin tails(?)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 13:32   Link #306
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

She was cute, but I still feel something is off with her style. Season 1 was much better in this aspect as well.
I really hope that she will appear during the entire next episode, not just for example 2 scenes.
From the preview it looks like the cooking scene with Misaka will be part of the episode, but in ep.16 the cookie was already complete. Just a flashback maybe?
AdmirerofSatenRuiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 09:13   Link #307
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerofSatenRuiko View Post
She was cute, but I still feel something is off with her style. Season 1 was much better in this aspect as well.
I really hope that she will appear during the entire next episode, not just for example 2 scenes.
From the preview it looks like the cooking scene with Misaka will be part of the episode, but in ep.16 the cookie was already complete. Just a flashback maybe?
I agree. We should see more Saten from here on out. As long as we are switching focus, they make the characters present as awesome as possible. I like Mikoto's friends Saten's the best of all though IMO.
Old 2013-08-18, 10:25   Link #308
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

Many may have noticed this already, but hopefully I can bring new info to a few:

Just finished re-watching Railgun S1 yesterday and I discovered that Saten had a sniffling scene:
Spoiler for minor epidose detail:

So this element was already used in the first season, and they improved it to a new level in Railgun S:3
Old 2013-08-19, 01:10   Link #309
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

The PSP game has her sniffing out stuff a lot too
Old 2013-08-20, 00:13   Link #310
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

i don' t know if someone posted this, but the moeness overwhelmed me

Old 2013-08-20, 04:01   Link #311
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
i don' t know if someone posted this, but the moeness overwhelmed me
Indeed exceptionally well-made ones, all of them are created by dora neko arc-san, the famous MAD creator who's a big Saten fan and makes only vids of her:3
Old 2013-08-20, 23:27   Link #312
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Dora Neko Arc does a great job with his Saten-san MADs.
I'm hoping he makes a new one soon, especially with all of the new season 2 material.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2013-08-21, 05:13   Link #313
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Dora Neko Arc does a great job with his Saten-san MADs.
I'm hoping he makes a new one soon, especially with all of the new season 2 material.
Uhm, which Saten-related "season 2 material" did you meant?
Ah, you mean the last episode (#18) and 1st (maybe 2nd) one?

Well yeah, he could probably scrape something up from that...
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 09:15   Link #314
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

I think with the start of the new season, there'll soon be enough material for an impressive MAD. And early episodes also have some good Saten-san content.
dora neko arc-san's twitter account shows no activity since the beginning of may. I remember longer breaks of few months before as well, I really hope he'll be back soon. His nico lives are so much fun^^

Btw the other day a new Saten based video was uploaded to nico, can be watched here
Old 2013-08-23, 12:35   Link #315
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Saten-san fanservice galore in episode 19. Bath scene and ponytail!

Old 2013-08-25, 12:02   Link #316
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

She was just too lovely! She's finally getting the attention she deserves~
Old 2013-08-25, 13:27   Link #317
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
But... I would like Saten to get powers, many fans would buy DVDs/BDs like crazy she'd be badass and awesome .
Really?

What makes you think giving Saten a power would make her badass and awesome?

Seems to me should just be the same happy go lucky girl as usual.
Old 2013-08-25, 21:39   Link #318
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

i woudn't call her badass but having stronger esper/magic power would really help her
Old 2013-08-25, 21:43   Link #319
R.LocK
My turn

Why do you all want to take away her only unique trait...? And magic'll only kill her, by the way. Also, Kamachi likes to break his high-level characters, and Saten's too sweet for me to want her be too broken. Level Upper was enough.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 22:15   Link #320
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Why do you all want to take away her only unique trait...? And magic'll only kill her, by the way. Also, Kamachi likes to break his high-level characters, and Saten's too sweet for me to want her be too broken. Level Upper was enough.
I think it's less about wanting to make her a badass and more about wanting to see more of her in the series - which would almost certainly require that she could make herself useful somehow in more than a cheerleader capacity.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters