Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-06-26, 17:46   Link #461
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikyu
yeah .. that freedom destroyed "destroy" surprised me. When I saw the preview I really thought "that thing could be a real danger" I even thought kira might die in that fight ... lol how naive
well... to beat a psycho is never a great victory imo.

however ... I actually didn't wanted to start a conversation about how killed staller with my post ...
I just wanted to point out that the reason shinn wanted to destroy freedom was not well explained.
Shinn didn't even consider that he almost killed stellar, that he was the first who hurt her, (and It doesn't matter who hurt stellar more ... call the CSI if you really want to know)

it just doesn't make sense to me that shinn can actually *love* the enemy and would do everything for her and in the other hand he can hate one particular enemy that much, just because he did what is unfortunately normal in a war??

it's just rediculous, he blames orb for the death of his family and blames freedom for the death of stellar. sure they was involved in the act, but fact is EAF attacked Orb... EAF used Stellar as a war weapon, why the hell didn't he at least say "ooh~bad EAF, they will pay for it"
sure he hate the EAF, but he doesn't show it in the show.
I don't see anyone glorifying Shinn's impeccable decision making abilities here. It's pretty much common knowledge that Shinn is an idiot and projects blame on the wrong people.
Old 2006-06-26, 19:00   Link #462
T.V.

"Ehvery sssingle Guhndam isss ahn ehnemy of the Repuhblic!"[/Dullindal/Palpatine]

"Yesss massstah."[/Shinn/James Earl Jones]

Shinn = obtuse.

I hope that changes a bit in the SE's.
At least to a point that his motivation becomes more understandable, rather than unflawed.
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 19:29   Link #463
mikyu

yeah that's why I say that here ... I'd like to see if the SE will change this. will there be some sczene which makes his decision more understandable. if that's possible at all

ah ... i don't like shinnLuna ... maybe because that pair came out of nowhere. So it would be great if they show some affection for each other. And Luna must have a veery strong affection to him so that she can forgive meyrins death so easily.

and ... don't know but I think Luna's IQ dropped in the show. So there would be no problems showing gili who maipulate luna too.
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 19:44   Link #464
cloudedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero system

as for my previous statement that kira fired his railguns at the cockpit to kill stellar, i re watched the scene and the two shots landed about only 30-50 cm above the opening
For a pilot who can shoot down over 50 moving missle each look no bigger than 50cm long, (see eps 23). a 30 - 50cm miss to a still Gundam that's relatively close is quite unusual if it's unintentional... if you know what i mean?

Quote:
don't know but I think Luna's IQ dropped in the show. So there would be no problems showing gili who maipulate luna too.
kind of agree... except has she really show any sign of intelligence in the beginning of the show to begin with?
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 20:09   Link #465
Strike Mk.II

News Update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunota Headlines
DESTINY Special Edition 2 broadcast dates
TV broadcast dates for DESTINY Special Edition 2 are up now.

TBS - July 30 25:50
MBS - July 27 9:55, July 28 9:55
Looks like Destiny Special Edition #2 is gonna be aired sooner than we thought.
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 21:42   Link #466
[DarkazurESky]

Little more than 1 week earlier. I assumed to be July 31st or August 6th. This means we only need to wait till late January to bash or praise GSD’s official cannon.

I am anticipating for second SE with hope to see many significant changes and footages. I thought these would be some changes:

1. Steller may talk fluently with Shinn after normal rescue. She may describe her depression of being a soldier by accident and go on. After the "decent" chat Shinn calls Athrun to get him and Steller never hears Sting and Auel's call. Steller is welcomed to Minerva after Shinn's plead and Steller feels shock in her body warning her she needs medicine. Steller remembers that Neo gave her emergency drug shot that lasts 24 hours and injects the drug. And Shinn asked what that shot was and tells her why he became soldier and the chat continues.

Neo has put a micro chip on her body beforehand and tracts Steller and rescues her. Auel and Sting kick everyone's buttocks and Shinn and Athrun cannot believe how much extends has improved. And Shinn bows to rescue Steller.

Now extends are useful and spice up the story.

2. Heine is killed by Steller. Heine is killed after mission, “Save Steller.” As Kira sweeps both sides, Athrun confronts Kira and disables Freedom. Sting versus Athrun, Auel versus Shinn, Steller versus Heine. The reason is because Athrun order everyone to focus on Impulse and Saviour’s repair since Heine joins them. Sting and Athurn’s battle is ignored by SE and lacks the coverage. Shinn tries to call on Steller that he will rescue her from Phantom Pain but Auel says there is no way he will allow him to kidnap Steller again and they keep on fighting. This scene flips flops between Sting’ battle. Steller did not recovered fully and Struggles and Heine becomes a pot head because he can not destroy Gaia. Shinn tells Steller not to kill because she will make others more eager to attack her. Heine than sees an opening and goes for a kill but Steller kills him off. Shinn than becomes ambivalence, he feels angry for Heine’s death and feels sorry for Steller being the killer.

Now, Shinn and Steller develops significantly, Kira would not be bashed because he can not fight until the Berlin incident due to lack of materials to repair Freedom efficiently, Heine’s death becomes his own fault, Kira and the Arcangel escapes the bash, and Athrun’s authority is showed off well and his strategy influences and inspires Shinn; thus, they will have closer relationship.

3. Extendeds has glorious death scenes. After Steller's return, Neo orders to put Steller in bed to recover. Shinn asks Athrun that if he rescues Steller is he a true soldier. Athrun says he is and he will help Shinn to rescue Steller. Shinn is delighted.

During their fight, Sting and Auel bows to kill Minerva's entire crew for kidnapping Steller. Stings versus Savior, Auel versus Blast Impulse, Steller versus Lunamaria, and Neo versus Rey fight starts. Kira and his gang will just observe this fight. After some awesome battle, Athrun protects Shinn as he fights Sting and receives some damage and goes into SEED mode and kills off Sting. Auel tries to protect Sting but he was too late; however, he hits Athrun and forces him to retreat. Auel then gets attacked by Shinn and loses Abyss’s arm and the balance and as Shinn goes for the final blow; however, Steller push off Lunamaria, destroys Impulse’s equipment, and rescues Auel and retreat and Shinn’s can not believe this. Neo fights Rey with intensity and he can not believe he is over powered and suddenly remembers Rau by Rey’s awesome move. Mwu now remembers everything and quickly disable Rey and signals retreat sign.

Now most useless Extended dies and adds spice and falls with coolness and Shinn and Steller develops conflict similar to Kira and Athrun’s. Mwu back at better time frame.

I will connect what might happen in 3rd SE if these ideas seems to better than original GSD by members.
[DarkazurESky] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 22:04   Link #467
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

I doubt Fukuda will raise Stella's IQ any, let alone do any of that stuff you just posted. Athrun told Shinn the secret to being a good soldier is being aware of your power and not using it recklessly. Something Shinn did not learn at all in GSD. Your rewrite still reeks of making friends with the enemy and tossing aside loyalties and duty for selfish personal reasons, which are basically the hallmarks of why everyone hates Shinn.
Old 2006-06-27, 01:38   Link #468
vblaze101

Hmm.....I have my issues with Puff Daddy.....but I think this is one of the only times I'll quote him. In relation to the number of rants concerning Shinn, I quote Puff in saying, "Stop whinin' B*****." On a more serious note, I was skeptical about the SEs, but I have hope now after seeing the first. I don't mind in the least bit that Shinn follows Dilly head first......and quite frankly, I wouldn't mind if that's shown again in the SEs. All I hope for is Shinn will openly state that he doesn't care that he'll drive the entire world to hell (I remember he said something along that line) at an early time rather than for the 1st and only time during his final battle with Athrun. Oh, and something for Rey too. Liked how it was Rey to shoot Dilly in the end.......just didn't like how the change of heart was only shown in the very, very end. My feelings about the GSD tv series: we started out headed for the candy store; had a detour and started heading for the whole foods store; in the end, we obviously didn't get to the candy store but did manage to get to the candy aile of the supermarket [naturally, everyone scratches their heads and doubtfully says, "Okay........"].
vblaze101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 03:00   Link #469
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedge
kind of agree... except has she really show any sign of intelligence in the beginning of the show to begin with?
I didn't say she was intelligent
intelligent or not, I didn't expected that some guys told her meyrin is a traitor and she belive it. I couldn't belive she went for the killer of her sis (ans she was it, who kissed shinn ... ). And in the final beattle she seek revange on athrun instead of being happy that meyrin is alive, or care of her safety or listen to her. I mean meyrin could have died during her revange ... she didn't ask her if it's true that she's a traitor or so ... it was like "whatever happend I don't care if meyrin dies she's a traitor anyway, but it was athrun who took the "old" meyrin away from me so let's have my revange" and that remind me of Shinn ... so that makes her to the most disappointed chara in the whole serie for me.

and yeah ... It wouldn'b be bad if rey gets some development. From the Gil's dog to the dog who kills his master

Quote:
Extendeds has glorious death scenes
lol, that shouldn't be difficult ... but I doubt that will happen ^^°
Old 2006-06-27, 07:22   Link #470
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
yeah same with me
i don't like shinnXluna
actually i'm very shocked to see shinn was so fast to kiss luna after stellar dead
"yare-yare"
and on shin head just only "revenge FREEDOM"
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 08:47   Link #471
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikyu
it just doesn't make sense to me that shinn can actually *love* the enemy and would do everything for her and in the other hand he can hate one particular enemy that much, just because he did what is unfortunately normal in a war??
Let me give you a hint - when you love someone everything else is secundary at best. He loves Stellar, the fact that she is an enemy pilot means nothing in this case. Love comes first.

Now lets see about this enemy of his he hates so much... He caused casulties in Minerva when he destroyed its bow gun

Because of him Heine died ( Shinn might not care about this tho )

Because of his actions Stellar died ( debating about who actually killed Stellar is kinda pointles - if Kira wouldnt be there, Shinn would have calmed Stellar down and that would be the end of it. She was allready almost calm, when Shinn was floating in front of destroy, but then Freedom apears behind Impulse with its beam saber in hand.... at this point she resumes the attack )

The real reason Shinn wants to kill Kira is because of Stellars death, you have to be blind not to see it. The fact that you cant understand why he loved her wont change the fact that he did love her.

And i really dont think that Shinn blames Freedom for his familys death, there is nothing in that shows that Shinn asociates Freedom with his familys death, unless my memory fails me.

off-topic - i was so hoping that the ungodly arrogant, flegmatic incarnation of god ( aka Kira ) would die after getting Shinn-stabbed..... had to know better..... i should have seen it coming that they will copme up with some uber-lame excuse how he survives.

And about Kira doing the right thing and Shinn overlooking the fact that Stellar caused countless deaths - Kidnap Lacus, put her tropugh extended program, brainwash her , put her in a Destroy and unleash her - lets see how hasty will Kira be about doing the right thing then.

And finally about Stellar killing people - If it was a AI piloting the Destroy would you blame the AI for all the people killed or would you blame the one who created the AI ? This happens to be the case- Stellar has NO choice, she didnt choose to become extended, she is not a violent person, far from it ( you can see this in the scenes where she is not forced to fight ), she didnt make the choice to be extended and to kill, she is just a "living CPU" - how the druggies were described in GS

...OMG such a long rant and off-topic.... ( yes, i know i dont like Kira )
Old 2006-06-27, 15:25   Link #472
mikyu

lol ... I was talking about Shinn and after about Luna ...
it's strange that you suddenly change the topic just because I criticize shinn's action. I didn't even say kira's name because shinn didn't know kira and always talks about Freedom.

however, it's pointless to discuss why you hate kira and it's completely off topic here.

but I have to point something out ... I doubted that shinn loves stellar (although I never said that in my post) because he switched his love so easily, but if you say so.
Old 2006-06-27, 15:41   Link #473
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Shinn didn't love Stella like a girlfriend, Stella was Mayu's replacement. He wanted to protect Stella because he wasn't able to protect Mayu or his parents.

It was never about romance for Shinn.

Shinn and Luna was about romance because they both lost loved ones in the war. Or at least that's what they both thought until they found out Athrun and Meyrin were alive. It makes perfect sense that they would fall in love, but in the TV series it just came too fast.

You people that think Shinn and Stella was about love seriously fail at watching Gundam.
Old 2006-06-27, 18:08   Link #474
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Shinn and Luna was about romance because they both lost loved ones in the war. Or at least that's what they both thought until they found out Athrun and Meyrin were alive.
lol, that almost sounds like Shinn was in love with Athrun

btw. we shouldn't start a discussion about "did shinn loved stellar" since it's pointless and offtopic

we will see if the SE makes it clear for us.
Old 2006-06-27, 18:52   Link #475
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
Let me give you a hint - when you love someone everything else is secundary at best. He loves Stellar, the fact that she is an enemy pilot means nothing in this case. Love comes first.

Now lets see about this enemy of his he hates so much... He caused casulties in Minerva when he destroyed its bow gun

Because of him Heine died ( Shinn might not care about this tho )

Because of his actions Stellar died ( debating about who actually killed Stellar is kinda pointles - if Kira wouldnt be there, Shinn would have calmed Stellar down and that would be the end of it. She was allready almost calm, when Shinn was floating in front of destroy, but then Freedom apears behind Impulse with its beam saber in hand.... at this point she resumes the attack )

The real reason Shinn wants to kill Kira is because of Stellars death, you have to be blind not to see it. The fact that you cant understand why he loved her wont change the fact that he did love her.

And i really dont think that Shinn blames Freedom for his familys death, there is nothing in that shows that Shinn asociates Freedom with his familys death, unless my memory fails me.

off-topic - i was so hoping that the ungodly arrogant, flegmatic incarnation of god ( aka Kira ) would die after getting Shinn-stabbed..... had to know better..... i should have seen it coming that they will copme up with some uber-lame excuse how he survives.

And about Kira doing the right thing and Shinn overlooking the fact that Stellar caused countless deaths - Kidnap Lacus, put her tropugh extended program, brainwash her , put her in a Destroy and unleash her - lets see how hasty will Kira be about doing the right thing then.

And finally about Stellar killing people - If it was a AI piloting the Destroy would you blame the AI for all the people killed or would you blame the one who created the AI ? This happens to be the case- Stellar has NO choice, she didnt choose to become extended, she is not a violent person, far from it ( you can see this in the scenes where she is not forced to fight ), she didnt make the choice to be extended and to kill, she is just a "living CPU" - how the druggies were described in GS

...OMG such a long rant and off-topic.... ( yes, i know i dont like Kira )
So long, I had hoped that Shinn could die in the end (painfully) but too bad.

Anyways, so in the special edition, Luna no longer has a crush on Athrun and is slightly in love with Shinn already?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 23:56   Link #476
cloudedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
And by the same standard, should anyone blame Kira for shutting down the AI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-wan
It was never about romance for Shinn.

Shinn and Luna was about romance because they both lost loved ones in the war. Or at least that's what they both thought until they found out Athrun and Meyrin were alive. It makes perfect sense that they would fall in love, but in the TV series it just came too fast.
*nod nod* why do people only see romance as the only motivation... (teenager these days)... What about friendship, family, pratriotism, ideals, value, money, fame, revenge and statue~ there can be so many reason why one can be driven to fight.
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 00:31   Link #477
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedge
And by the same standard, should anyone blame Kira for shutting down the AI?
No, they shouldnt .... i cant really blame neither Kira nor Stellar here, but as i said - this would have ended better if Kira wouldnt be there this time
Old 2006-06-28, 08:34   Link #478
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
i agree with mikyu and obi-wan that shinn didn't love stellar
if he loved stellar why he's so fast changed his heart to luna

okay i want to ask special edition 2 will be started from which phase???
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 10:05   Link #479
Strike Mk.II

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama
i agree with mikyu and obi-wan that shinn didn't love stellar
if he loved stellar why he's so fast changed his heart to luna

okay i want to ask special edition 2 will be started from which phase???
SE2 will cover Phase 14-28. Its been mentioned a lot now.
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 15:30   Link #480
[DarkazurESky]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Mk.II
SE2 will cover Phase 14-28. Its been mentioned a lot now.
too many times to the point we are confused which phase...

I wonder if 3rd SE covers episode 29th through 40th... because to make nice flowing ending 4th SE should cover 41th through 50th and Final Plus. Plus, Fukuda needs to make connection to the movies.
[DarkazurESky] is offline   Reply With Quote