AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-02-23, 22:31   Link #41
luniz

I just finished Hikaru No Go, right now I'm just watching WHR and Chrno Crusade. Two or three at a time is probably my limit.
luniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 01:06   Link #42
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
There's only so much I can see at a time. There are still some series that I have yet to complete from months ago, and that includes manga as well. I try to catch up with manga series over the weekend, but I fear I shall go blind! O_O I wouldn't say I'm addicted to anime since I have many other hobbies [yes I love reading books with no pictures in them!] and a life that allows me to actually go out into the real world. But I can't deny my love for watching anime, subbed or *cough* dubbed. Ok ok not ALL dubbed anime is that bad.
Usually I do a marathon sort of thing too and complete a series in a few days. I'm surprised that I'm even up-to-date with some anime/manga like Naruto, Inuyasha, FMA, Chrno Crusade, and a load of others given all the crap in my everyday life like working and school. *hasn't touched One Piece yet; is hesitant* The thing is there are so many I have yet to see and I'll probably never get to them. What's weird is that I'm no longer addicted to TV in general. I hardly watch anything on the tube anymore, with the exception of WHR on AS now...even if I saw it a year ago.
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 02:17   Link #43
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

Currently at no fansubbed series.

Collection s-CRY-ed, Infinite Ryvius, Haibane Renmei (last three volumes come soon), Witch Hunter Robin, Saint Seiya, Dragonball (Region 1 and 2), Dragonball Z (trying to get box 1, to go with my R2 Box 2), And quite a bit of other stuff I think.

I will slow down after I have three Dragonboxes. I'll start on Texnolyze, Fighting Spirit/Hajime no Ippo, Gungrave, and maybe one or two other things. I want Naruto (maybe) and One Piece (definantly) Region 1 DVDs, and I wouldn't mind getting a whole lot of other stuff that I haven't gotten yet/need to rebuy (in one column, Escaflowne, YuyuHakusho, Blue Gender, GTO, in the other Berserk, Bebop, and some others)
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 12:23   Link #44
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
I have animes that i´ve not seen on a different place than the series that i´ve watched.
Also, i dont watch more than one series at a time, with the exception if I see a anime thats still going.

For now, i watch Naruto(one new episode every week), and Rurouni Kenshin, but i´ve also watched up to episode by wolf's rain, which was a while ago, i stopped at 6 because i couldn't get anymore at that time...

Oh, and if an anime is really bad, i still watch it, i never stop watching an anime no matter how bad i think it is...god, it was really a pain to see through all the lodoss war OVA episodes... but i got it done at last

There is lots of animes that aren´t finished yet, and series that i´m interested in... but i dont start watching them now, because then it gets so messy to have many series that arent even "finished"(not all episodes released)... so i wait for them to be finished, then i´m going to watch them(Marubaho, Fullmetal Alchemist etc.)

Last edited by Wilcon; 2004-02-24 at 13:05.
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 15:34   Link #45
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Anime is evilly addicting. Ever since I got a cable connection, I always have at least 2 torrents up at all times downloading/seeding anime [unless my brother is playing Team Fortress]. My computer is on 24 hours a day downloading. I though my anime collection was getting pretty big when it was reaching 20g, but gosh, you guys are fanatical [I'm still in high school].
I only watch 1 to 5 series at a time [currently Galaxy Railways, Comic Party Revolution, ROD the TV]
Any suggestions on how big a new hard drive I should purchase [have some money to spend]? I am also getting a new motherboard, so I was wondering if I should get it internal or external.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 19:39   Link #46
hak
bakatade

Send a message via AIM to hak
right now i got 146.7 gigs of anime (not including manga, jrock , jpop etc...) oh yes and got few japanese movies also o.@'
hak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 20:25   Link #47
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

Gigs aren't impressive. At all.
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 23:16   Link #48
ferny7

Red face

Tabiree is right it dosent really matter how many gigs u have because it depends on the quality of the video i could have a 25 min eppisode that could be one gig.

as for me i try not to watch to many series at the same time i try to keep its below 3.
ferny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 01:08   Link #49
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hak
right now i got 146.7 gigs of anime (not including manga, jrock , jpop etc...) oh yes and got few japanese movies also o.@'
Damn, you got me beat. But then again, that's only counting what's on the actual HD. That's not counting what I've saved to CD because I ran out of room.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 13:23   Link #50
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Thought I'd wake up this old thread cause I figured I'd correct my previous numbers. After some serious re-evaluating of newer series and some other things I ended up dropping a bunch of series I was following for different reasons ranging from "it sucked", and "started out good, but died", to "nobody's subbing it anymore."

So for the first time in 2 years I'm now down to 15 series I'm following and 3 of them are long running ones, so with all the spring series already released and my selection trimmed down to what I can keep up with, I think my addiction is waning some more. At it's peak I was following 35 anime.

I think my schedule is also clamping down on how many I can follow. Oh well. Maybe summer will bring it back in force. We can hope.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 15:31   Link #51
LuciaMelody

Send a message via AIM to LuciaMelody
35?!!! whaa that is crazy ^-^

and 15 is still alot

I'm following 3 series on TV (cause they are free)
1 series on AnimeSuki
and 1 series on DVD (with 2 more lined up) >_< too expensive!!
LuciaMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 15:46   Link #52
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

My addiction is sort of waning.
When I first got my cable internet connection, I was downloading anime left and right.
However, I know longer follow too many current series [one or two at the most].
Now, most of my downloads are of complete series.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 16:12   Link #53
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
I'm following about 13 series on fansub--constantly deleting old episodes and finished series because of space and too lazy to burn. Also, in the case of Narutaru, I just never wanted to see it again--once is more than enough.

I'm re-buying FMP! Disc 2 because the refractive surface on my [now dead] first disc shedded. Also finishing the rest of the collection, Disc 6 and 7.
I need to finish my Noir collection as well--I rented most of them. I got a deal on the Collector's Box + Vol. 1, and bought Vol. 7--I need to fill in the middle
If and when PlantES gets a R1 License, I'll gladly buy the whole thing--this is one show that I actually look forward to the English dubbing because of its grounded reality and already rampant(for the lack of a better word) English usage.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 16:29   Link #54
Joe Dalton

My anime list is always growing... cept a while ago when some of my fav animes ended or got licensed.
But usualy I just pick an anime catch up and follow it... and then the next month I take a new series that I catch up with
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 17:25   Link #55
skreech
Aspiring Mangaka/Animator

Send a message via MSN to skreech
Hehe...I started out just watching Naruto subs and the endless re-runs on Adult Swim. Then it increased to Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, and Chrno Crusade subs with the occassional Action Animidnight and TechTV's Anime Unleashed. Now I'm watching 21 different subs (37.5gigs worth), Adukt Swim on Saturday nights, Anime Unleashed Durring the week, and AniMidnight on Fridays. So how I manage to keep up with all of them too (tho I haven't watched Anime Unleashed lately). The only thing that sucks is I need a bigger hard drive (mine is only 80 gigs ).

I think my addiction is getting worse especially with all the new shows coming out this month .
skreech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 12:39   Link #56
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

Is your interest in anime waning?

As you grow older, does your interest in anime drop?

Do most/many of them seem stupid, predictible or trashy flesh shows to you?

Do you regret spending so much $$$ or time on anime?

How many series are there that you actually care about? That you consider GOOD and not I'm just watching it cos I can dl it free.

Oh yes, please don't let the many questions intimidate you.

Last edited by Don Eunuch; 2004-05-16 at 12:59.
Don Eunuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 12:58   Link #57
yume.toki

Never!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Eunuch

How many series are there that you actually care about? That you consider GOOD and not I'm just watching it cos I can dl it free.

I love anime!! I love it now more than ever!!...so no...I don't agree with your first question

Depends on what kind of anime you're downloading! so if it's hentai...then of course it's trashy and predictable!! so no...i don't agree with this one either!

I have no regrets!! Without anime, I will not be who I am today! I will keep on watching anime until I die!!

There are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many series that I love so much....just to name a few:

Azumanga Daioh
Boys Be
Cardcaptor Sakura
Full Metal Panic/Fumofu
Fushigi Yuugi
Fruits Basket
HunterxHunter
Inuyasha
Naruto
Noir
One Piece
Peace Maker Kurogane
Read of Die/Read or Dream TV
Scryed

There are just SOOOOOOO many good animes out there!! So...that's my answer to your final question!
yume.toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 13:05   Link #58
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Eunuch

Oh yes, please don't let the many questions intimidate you.

Actually i've found im downloading anime but just not watching them, mostly cos i cant be bothered and im out with friends and stuff, so i think yea as im getting old im loosing touch, im more into love action now, but theyres not many, although midori no hibi is the BEST :P( except kimi ga...chobits and all the other classics...
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 13:05   Link #59
DistortedRealmS

Send a message via MSN to DistortedRealmS
I spend weeks upon weeks downloading the lowkey anime that nobody has interest in, thats how my interest in anime stays fresh. I would have stopped watching anime ages ago seeing that everything now is fanservice or naruto, bah just thinking about it angers me.
DistortedRealmS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 13:34   Link #60
7thMethuselah

it ain't waning at all, actually it's getting worse by the day. Every time I finish a good series I find another one I like just as much. And there is also anime I consider crap, but why would I waste my time on those they're are so many decent anime out there.

Am I watching anime just because I can dl it? No, there is alot of stuff you can get for free but that doesn't mean you like it. I love anime because it is completely different from the utter crap they show on TV these days. I love the characters, the stories, the culture, the language, ... Also it is very refreshing to see that the good guy can die too, or to see the bad guy becoming the good guy, people shifting sides so that you no longer can say who's right or wrong, or to be catched up in a drama which doesn't have a good way out and where all you can do is pick a favorite and hope it turns out ok for them.

Personally I'm sick and tired of most stuff originating from Hollywood or the crap made in my own country.

Do I regret spending money on anime, HELL NO !!! The creators deserve to be paid for the stuff they make, after all they put their heart and soul into something that makes my evening more enjoyable.

And yes there quite a few anime which I care about, anime that makes me worry about the characters, about the stuff they go through, anime that I think about during daytime, etc...

In short I think I can call myself an anime/manga freak
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote