AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-27, 21:32   Link #1001
justsomeguy

Let's see:

* When Shadow Yukiko first appeared, I thought it would summon the first subboss, Avenger Knight, not just a bunch of random enemies.

* The Yukiko story with the bird is original. I don't remember it being in the game at all. Good thing we get to see her at work at the inn, though. We hear about it constantly ingame, but never actually see it.

* The music during the chandelier attack and Chie's talk with Yukiko is new.

* Why Ara Mitama? The Mitamas are the most boring of the Personas in design (and there's no point in showing just one. Might as well just go for all four). Chariot Personas tend to be strong or even better at defending against physical attacks, so Yuu using it to stop the chandelier is correct.

* Yay, Yuu is actually showing emotions! Though the eyecatch still indicates his Expression is still Rough.

* The battle against Shadow Yukiko is actually easier here than in the game. Ingame, Shadow Yukiko was likely balanced against a full party of four, but only three were available at the time. To make things worse, Chie is weak to fire, so it's actually only MC and Yosuke, and if Chie is hit the Shadow can attack again! But that's not all. Shadow Yukiko can summon Charming Prince to heal itself! Not being overleveled or having the right Personas would mean the the battle bogs down into a long and tense slugging match.

* Preview indicates next episode is a Social Link episode. With Yukiko joining the team, we've finally passed the first act of the story.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 22:08   Link #1002
Xenio
Flower

wow, this ep really good, i liked the shadow yukiko fight

ATTENTION: if anyone here didn't play the game STAY AWAY from myanimelist forum, there been a SPOILER reveal who the killer was WITHOUT SPOILER WARNING
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 22:21   Link #1003
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ehh? Shouldn't it be "stay away from myanimelist forum, period." ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 22:38   Link #1004
maelstormCaT

i say no new persona cuz i really dont consider ara mitama as a persona XD
i know its a stupid reason but gimme a break T_T

heck, in shin megami devil survivor, the mitamas are only usefull as a fusion supplement XD

im starting to think they pick pyro jack and ara mitama cuz they're too lazy to draw the more detailed persona...
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 22:49   Link #1005
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstormCaT View Post
i say no new persona cuz i really dont consider ara mitama as a persona XD
i know its a stupid reason but gimme a break T_T

heck, in shin megami devil survivor, the mitamas are only usefull as a fusion supplement XD

im starting to think they pick pyro jack and ara mitama cuz they're too lazy to draw the more detailed persona...
Or they don't want Brotag to summon a Persona that seems more powerful, or overshadows Izanagi. Even though Izanagi is only used pretty much for the introduction of the game, it is important during the true end. Probably as the anime goes, Narukami will summon more powerful Personas within each Arcana.
Old 2011-10-27, 22:57   Link #1006
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
If they use all 4 Mitamas, I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 22:57   Link #1007
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

I was sorta expecting Ares too, but oh well. With the appearance of Ara Mitama, that might mean the other Mitamas will appear, and maybe we might see Neko Shogun too haha.
Old 2011-10-27, 22:57   Link #1008
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

Probably, as Yuu's social links bonds mature, he'll be able to summon more powerful persona of each arcana.
Old 2011-10-27, 23:06   Link #1009
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
I was sorta expecting Ares too, but oh well. With the appearance of Ara Mitama, that might mean the other Mitamas will appear, and maybe we might see Neko Shogun too haha.
Neko Shogun is BOSS. One of the few I want to see along with Black Frost. I'm really curious as to how they're gonna do it, since there aren't as many dungeons as there are arcana. I suspect that we get to see a persona from the arcana of each party member, but it's a toss up beyond that.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 23:14   Link #1010
rpgman1

If the Mitamas appear, does that mean Narukami can do
Spoiler for Persona :
later in the series? That would be awesome though if that were to happen in the anime. We already see combo spells anyway.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 23:14   Link #1011
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm more curious to know which Persona he's going to use last. Will it be the last normal Persona of "that" special fusion persona?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 23:38   Link #1012
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
But damn he had to summon Ara Mitama . I was like "I wonder who.....seriously?" Maybe they don't want to overshadow Izangi, but geeze talk about a lame one to go with.

A crazy fight with all the fire being launched everywhere. They had a pretty rough time with that chandelier being flung around and the wax locking them down for a while. Chie was definitely key in rescuing Yukiko. Helping her realize her own strength and bust out of that cage.

Here comes the Yukiko laugh . Good episode.
Old 2011-10-28, 00:42   Link #1013
bigdeath

This show really is made for the fans. So many references to the game and yet they still manage to add good original material such as seeing Yukio and her bird at the inn.

And as others have said, why Ara Mitama??? The lamest of the chariot persons....sigh. And why didn't Chie's persona use her ice spell. Hello, fire based shadow?! At least pyro jack was used as a shield to absorb all that fire. Did Pyro Jack even have the absorb fire attribute?
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 00:59   Link #1014
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
This show really is made for the fans. So many references to the game and yet they still manage to add good original material such as seeing Yukio and her bird at the inn.

And as others have said, why Ara Mitama??? The lamest of the chariot persons....sigh. And why didn't Chie's persona use her ice spell. Hello, fire based shadow?! At least pyro jack was used as a shield to absorb all that fire. Did Pyro Jack even have the absorb fire attribute?
Probably we'll get to see something with those Mitamas later in the series in the
Spoiler for persona:
. Yes Pyro Jack had the ability to absorb Fire based effects in the game.
Old 2011-10-28, 01:05   Link #1015
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ara Mitama was actually my second choice from last week, but I decided against it because that might mean they would have to show all four of them !

Anyway I was worried that they would breeze through Yukiko's shadow like the previous two, but it's good that they took some time to develop her. There are also some interesting use of the Persona this week, like Pyro Jack absorbing the fire damage... Oh, and Yukiko's shadow is the coolest looking so far... Well, as cool as something that's suppose to be messed up can look.

Btw, is it me, or doesn't it look like Yuu hasn't gotten the ********* Arcana from Yukiko yet? In the ED scene, they haven't revealed her card.
Old 2011-10-28, 01:13   Link #1016
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ara Mitama was actually my second choice from last week, but I decided against it because that might mean they would have to show all four of them !

Anyway I was worried that they would breeze through Yukiko's shadow like the previous two, but it's good that they took some time to develop her. There are also some interesting use of the Persona this week, like Pyro Jack absorbing the fire damage... Oh, and Yukiko's shadow is the coolest looking so far... Well, as cool as something that's suppose to be messed up can look.

Btw, is it me, or doesn't it look like Yuu hasn't gotten the ********* Arcana from Yukiko yet? In the ED scene, they haven't revealed her card.
Well it'd make sense if he hasn't picked up her card yet. I mean they only just rescued her and her interactions were more with Chie than anyone else. The key 'scene' seemed to come after they got out for Yosuke and Chie, so probably sooner or later they'll get to that.
Old 2011-10-28, 01:15   Link #1017
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

I wouldn't worry too much about that. The preview shows that he'll get some other Arcana later and it looks like he'll be in the soccer club which is a good choice, plus he runs into a certain girl. Now I would like to see Narukami's Expression changed since it is still very low and that certain girl might do something about him .
Old 2011-10-28, 01:17   Link #1018
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Yukiko's social link doesn't start shortly after her shadow battle in the game though unlike Yosuke and Chie's. It doesn't take too long but I think about 2 or 3 weeks in game time pass first until it actually activates.

But we saw what Arcana it was when Konohana Sakuya appeared anyway, Priestess.

Next week looks like it'll cover 2 social links with one episode, they are sort of entwined too so it shouldn't be difficult to do well.~
Old 2011-10-28, 01:37   Link #1019
HandofFate

Episode 4 was pretty good. The intensity of the battle was done rather nicely.

I like that it fleshes out the backstory more for each character by showing more flashback scenes, something for the game players that already know everything get something new to look forward to.

I like how Yosuke fights. So helpful. Only complaint I have right now is the voice distortions for the shadows.

Like Shadow Yukiko at the beginning is suppose to be sound cute and/or alluring, but with the distortion, it loses a lot of the emotion, same at the end when she's going on her bitter rant. It loses the bitterness since most of it just sounds muffled.

I like how Yukiko is like 'snow' but her persona element is fire.
Old 2011-10-28, 02:34   Link #1020
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about that. The preview shows that he'll get some other Arcana later and it looks like he'll be in the soccer club which is a good choice, plus he runs into a certain girl. Now I would like to see Narukami's Expression changed since it is still very low and that certain girl might do something about him .
A thought just occurred to me- What if Narukami's expression never ever increases throughout the year ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

Like Shadow Yukiko at the beginning is suppose to be sound cute and/or alluring, but with the distortion, it loses a lot of the emotion, same at the end when she's going on her bitter rant. It loses the bitterness since most of it just sounds muffled.
Not really, I think it does creepy rather well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I like how Yukiko is like 'snow' but her persona element is fire.
She did say that she hated her name... Well, maybe it was her Shadow but I'm guessing it would make sense that she would want to be different.

Tags
action, fantasy