AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-01-09, 16:18   Link #41
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elindir View Post
Yeah, in our hearts.
Best post i've read all day.
Old 2010-01-26, 00:32   Link #42
KimmyS

Just watched this series. Like it very very much. And only few episodes, not as long as other series.
KimmyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 03:35   Link #43
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
One of the few roles of David Hayter in anime. He wasn't bad here IMO.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 18:44   Link #44
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
One of the few roles of David Hayter in anime. He wasn't bad here IMO.
Ya know how long it took me to realize Bernie was voiced by David Hater?

Way too long....I should have realized it sooner. Being I LOVE his VO work.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 08:33   Link #45
Shane Schwarzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
Hii...I just finished Gundam 0080 but unfortunately there were no subtitles and my Jap isn't very good, so I hope someone can answer me these questions.

1) What is the relationship between the red hair girl and the little boy? Is she her sister? Chris is a tutor and neighbor to Al.

2) Did the beam saber of the Gundam thrust into the Zaku's cockpit, so Barnie died? Bernie was unfortunately killed during combat against the Alex Gundam

3) Did the red hair girl in the end know that the Barnie is the one who was piloting the Zaku?Bernie nor Chris new they where battling one another
If you have any more questions, I’ll be glad to answer them.
Shane Schwarzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 14:16   Link #46
Sander RX

Always loved how they ironically play a positively tuned BGM at the bitter end of the OAV.
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 03:50   Link #47
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Ya know how long it took me to realize Bernie was voiced by David Hater?

Way too long....I should have realized it sooner. Being I LOVE his VO work.
Me too mate. This was after I knew he did the MGS series as his major VO work.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2010-04-23, 12:24   Link #48
fizzmaister
The Tall One

I'm in the middle of rewatching this, I might as well give a review. Every single moment of this OVA where Al isn't speaking is great. When he is, it's pretty annoying. Makes sense seeing as how he's a kid, but still, it's almost enough to ruin it for me. He's like that kid that won't shut up. But it's still a great OVA.
Old 2010-04-23, 15:17   Link #49
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

A fantastic OVA this was, and one of the most compelling and best written entries in the Gundam franchise.

How dare people insult Haruhiko Mikimoto's style from great works like Macross and Gunbuster.
Old 2010-04-24, 22:18   Link #50
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

The good old days.

Old 2010-04-24, 23:36   Link #51
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Heh, back in 8th grade when I was in a ULTRA "Gundam or GTFO mood" like I am today, 0080 was the #1 Gundam series I tried to watch. All due to the Kampfer.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 03:14   Link #52
fizzmaister
The Tall One

And now that I finished rewatching it, I'll give a second review. The first three episodes were very good, but Al was ruining it for me. The last three are much better. Al's character has improved (yay character development) and everything else is just as good. Bernie's ingenuity was fun to watch, and the final duel was spectacular. The ending was sad (in an emotional way, not a pathetic way) but very good. "Hamburger" indeed feddie soldier. ... Hamburger. And the way they animated a nuke going off inside of a colony, scary.
Old 2010-08-06, 04:59   Link #53
Zotis
Rank #35

Definitely one of my favorite Anime, along with The 08th MS Team of course and Stardust Memories and 0079.

Of all of them though, War in the Pocket has the best story. Alot of emotion and characters you cared about.
Old 2010-08-17, 08:31   Link #54
YaminoSeigi

I had watched few gundam titles and definitely Gundam 0080 has one of the best stories in the gundam series
YaminoSeigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 09:50   Link #55
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I guess you really do learn something new every day. I didn't know David Hayter did Bernie's voice....been a fan of the guy since the original MGS.
Old 2010-08-18, 15:30   Link #56
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Here's Bernie..... and in English.

Makes you wonder if "Love bloomed in the battlefield for this young Zeon soldier."

Old 2010-08-18, 20:10   Link #57
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:

Here's Bernie..... and in English.

Makes you wonder if "Love bloomed in the battlefield for this young Zeon soldier."
I actually got a little choked up watching this for the first time. Incredible story.
Old 2010-08-19, 19:47   Link #58
Maiku-kun
The Rider

Quote:

The good old days.
Ahh the midnight run those were certainly the days, too bad toonami is gone i really miss it, anyway i only caught the first episode of this series but i really liked the idea of the main characters being the usual bad guys, telling the story from Zeon's perspective certainly opens up some great storylines and development
Old 2010-08-19, 21:50   Link #59
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiku-kun View Post
Ahh the midnight run those were certainly the days, too bad toonami is gone i really miss it, anyway i only caught the first episode of this series but i really liked the idea of the main characters being the usual bad guys, telling the story from Zeon's perspective certainly opens up some great storylines and development
I miss Toonami too and Midnight Run was epic. GW uncut and so many other great programs.
Old 2010-10-04, 04:14   Link #60
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Featured the Zaku II Kai design that put all other Zakus (excluding Goufs) to shame including the wannabe Hi-Zacks.

2 actions of the characters would seem stupid (to me intially anyway) unless you thought about it.

Why did the kid help the enemy? Well he's a kid who never thought far (yeah lots of adults nowadays have the same problem). Loved it when Barnie told him he would be executed for being a traitor and seeing the kid's look when he finally realises it not just a game.

Why did Barnie have to fight the Gundam? He thought removal of that would remove any need to destroy the colony since he had no idea it would not help at all and in fact would be detrimental as the Gundam suit would not be avalable to defend the colony if it was damaged/destroyed. Also most people would never think of attacking their own ships plus he would be swiss cheese before reaching anyway.

Other than that the actions taken by the characters are pretty logical (including Barnie's attempt to run away from his conscience) and for Barnie to trap the forest before engaging showed some intelligence. Both the girl and Barnie looked liked complete fools but with the fog of war, that's just what would happen.

Good storyline. Very real robot
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote