AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 06:23   Link #41
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Considering Production I.G recently produces not-so-good (but still) shows like Guilty Crown, I doubt Robotics;Notes will be like that but hopefully it won't suck. As I said before, major studios like Madhouse and J.C Staff always make bad VN adaptations.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 18:28   Link #42
Utsuro no Hako

What I get from the PV is "Battlebots: The Next Generation". Although I enjoyed Battlebots, I can't say it's my top choice for a VN/anime series. If they're going to do a robot story, I'd rather see artificial intelligence at the core of the story than remote control robots punching each other.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 08:11   Link #43
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
What I get from the PV is "Battlebots: The Next Generation". Although I enjoyed Battlebots, I can't say it's my top choice for a VN/anime series. If they're going to do a robot story, I'd rather see artificial intelligence at the core of the story than remote control robots punching each other.
Its from Nitro+, we'll damned if thinking its a simple battle robot story.

Not to mention, you can see some terminology from Steins;Gate from that Game OP. (Not a PV)

Scientific Adventure Series would not disappoint.
Old 2012-05-03, 08:21   Link #44
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Considering Production I.G recently produces not-so-good (but still) shows like Guilty Crown, I doubt Robotics;Notes will be like that but hopefully it won't suck. As I said before, major studios like Madhouse and J.C Staff always make bad VN adaptations.
You are making bad comparisons with guilty crown. GC was an original work and R;N is an adaptation of a VN that is being worked on.

As for blaming madhouse and J.C staff for making bad VN adaptations.
In madhouse's case they did indeed do the in my opinion pretty attrocious Chaos;head anime, however that anime was something that you actually recommended to other people to watch a few weeks ago. So that should say something.

J.C staff can't do VN adaptations? Well when was it the last time when they did one? Almost a decade ago. You are awefully presumptious for indirectly saying that J.C. staff will ruin little busters based on their what like 2 VN adaptations that they have done.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 08:30   Link #45
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
You are making bad comparisons with guilty crown. GC was an original work and R;N is an adaptation of a VN that is being worked on.

In madhouse's case they did indeed do the in my opinion pretty attrocious Chaos;head anime, however that anime was something that you actually recommended to other people to watch a few weeks ago. So that should say something.

J.C staff can't do VN adaptations? Well when was it the last time when they did one? Almost a decade ago. You are awefully presumptious for indirectly saying that J.C. staff will ruin little busters based on their what like 2 VN adaptations that they have done.
What I mean is how visual novels are animated by major studios like these. As for J.C Staff, Little Busters! is the first visual novel-based anime that J.C Staff will provide good stuff for this show. But the problem is they are also responsible for animating a bad adaptation of Tsukihime.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-03, 08:33   Link #46
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
What I mean is how visual novels are animated by major studios like these. As for J.C Staff, Little Busters! is the first visual novel-based anime that J.C Staff will provide good stuff for this show. But the problem is they are also responsible for animating a bad adaptation of Tsukihime.
Which was 9 years ago and it was made in a time when anime adaptations of VN were rare.
Old 2012-05-07, 14:10   Link #47
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Hmm... nope. Not ringing a bell. I don't ever remember a time where I or anyone else recommended the Chaos;head anime to someone else.

Also, the reason why people are hating on JCStaff is because they have done not just one, but multiple poor adaptations. The medium may or may not affect how difficult it is to translate it to anime, but a story is still a story. When there are huge changes and contradictions to the story like in Tsukihime or Chaos;head, using blaming the source medium is not a valid excuse.

The point is that there is precedence to be concerned. Even if it doesn't guarantee that an animation studio will butcher a new series, it also doesn't mean there's nothing to worry about.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 14:21   Link #48
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The reason why the C;H anime adaptation did not look good is because Takaaki Ishiyama, who is known for directing some childish adaptations (Otogi Jushi Akazukin, Maple Story), "4kidsnized" the anime (toning down the guro content) because of his influence on them.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-07, 14:30   Link #49
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Hmm... nope. Not ringing a bell. I don't ever remember a time where I or anyone else recommended the Chaos;head anime to someone else.
That was in reply to MisaoFan and was referring to posts like this (though that one is more recent than what hyl was referring to)
Old 2012-05-07, 15:16   Link #50
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Actually it referred to Misaofan when he/she recommended the Chaos;head anime a month ago as a good anime to some people without actually having saw one episode, but based just on the summaries on wikipedia or some other sites.

Quote:
I cannot understand why people hate this show. Even the ones who haven't played the game hate it.
Quote:
I really want to add Chaos;Head in this thread. This one looks so promising : it has 12 episodes, talk about a guy who is similar to Sato from Welcome to the NHK! because he is a big fan of anime girls, until some rumors taken from mysterious organization circulated the city. Then, the MC has to meet a girl who is supposed to "know" him as well the other girls with dark past each other. The show has no actual fanservice content but the action didn't happen until episode 8. It ends with something you don't expect usually, seriously.
Quote:
Give Chaos;Head a try : the 2008 12-episode supernatural mystery TV anime is focused on Takumi, a highschool student who is obssessed with virtual girls. One day, while he's playing around Internet, he enters a news website and see a picture involving a guy getting staked by multiple swords. Then, Takumi runs and meet a girl who's supposed to know him. The series has murder theme, involves lot of twists and show how Takumi is involved with murders and events that connect him. Illusions and delusions are also the central theme of the story.
Quote:
Qwaser is a anime that I loved due to my action harem experience since Negima. While Chaos;Head is a anime I planned to watch (due to how interesting the story is) but I feared of starting watching it because of most people's negative impacts about the show, even for people who haven't played the game.
Old 2012-05-07, 15:26   Link #51
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Let's stop talking about this subject and go back to the on-topic R;N thread.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-07, 15:33   Link #52
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

Also, the reason why people are hating on JCStaff is because they have done not just one, but multiple poor adaptations. The medium may or may not affect how difficult it is to translate it to anime, but a story is still a story. When there are huge changes and contradictions to the story like in Tsukihime or Chaos;head, using blaming the source medium is not a valid excuse.

The point is that there is precedence to be concerned. Even if it doesn't guarantee that an animation studio will butcher a new series, it also doesn't mean there's nothing to worry about.
People tend to ignore what J.C staff has done right, but rather look what they have done wrong.

Biggest example would be that Toradora was adapted excellenty according to the majority of people who saw it.

As for other adaptations: eventhough there were some problems with their light novel adaptations, people still bought the dvd's and blu rays. So you can't exactly say that their decisions affected the sales negatively.

23676 ** Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
14359 *6 Shingetsutan Tsukihime
12290 *8 Ai yori Aoshi
11039 *9 Honey & Clover
10620 *8 Shakugan no Shana
10614 *8 Toradora!
10335 *8 Toaru Majutsu no Index
*9098 *8 Shakugan no Shana II
*7589 *8 Nodame Cantabile
*7513 *6 Ai yori Aoshi ~Enishi~
*7072 *6 Gun Parade March ~Aratanaru Kougunka~
*6737 *9 R.O.D -THE TV-
*6110 *4 Honey & Clover II
*5879 *6 Zero no Tsukaima
*5185 *6 Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~
*4842 *7 Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~
*4803 13 Heppoko Jikken Animation: Excel Saga
*4609 *7 Ikkitousen
*4010 12 Maburaho
*3873 *4 Nodame Cantabile: Pari-hen
*3804 *8 Chicchana Yukitsukai Shuga
*3656 *9 Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~
*3345 *5 Slayers REVOLUTION
*3292 *9 Sky Girls
*3111 *5 Slayers EVOLUTION-R

Even bad ones like slayers Revolution and Evolution-R passed the manabi line.
Maybe not all of the titles on this list are adaptations (i didn't saw some of the titles), but i simply took it from the dvd/bd sales topic as an example that their work do tend to sell well.

edit:
Quote:
Let's stop talking about this subject and go back to the on-topic R;N thread.
Actually it was semi on topic, because we were somewhat talking about bad expectations based on previous works. Chaos head was also an example of a poorly done VN adaptations and the sales somewhat proved it.
*1185 *4 CHAOS;HEAD

Eventhough I.G. has done almost no VN adaptations(i am not even sure if they have done any VN adaptations at all), people are already have their doubts about R;N anime

Last edited by hyl; 2012-05-07 at 15:56. Reason: typos
Old 2012-05-13, 03:31   Link #53
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

I will be including this anime in my list. Sadly I can't play the game though since the release is set on the XBOX 360 and the PS3. But this is surely interesting. I loved Steins;Gate. I might love this series even more.
HeartlessEponine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 03:50   Link #54
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i actually hope something along the lines GC in terms of animation, but in story i hope they do a much better job.
Old 2012-05-13, 04:29   Link #55
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

Production IG~ i hope this is going to be a good one.

Can anybody try to decipher and distinguish the seiyuus in the VN? it might give us possible clues that it would be the same as the anime.

Robotics;Notes Opening/Trailer

@hyl: Regarding IG not having an VN adaptions thing, that is a concern. Because one of their works/productions, Blood-C kinda got me disappointed. But not in a level that i will rant about the production studio though. hehe

Last edited by HeartlessEponine; 2012-05-13 at 04:57.
HeartlessEponine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 21:46   Link #56
Qilin
Romanticist

Oh, wow. Another Nitro+ VN adaptation, huh?

Strike while the iron is hot, as some would say.
Old 2012-05-22, 09:16   Link #57
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Well the people who will be working on this anime are the same as in Steins;Gate, it's just a studio that is different (and as far as I know I.G. can provide better animation than White Fox), so I don't think that we should worry here.
I think that it's anime based on Little Busters! from J.C. Staff is what people should be worrying about (considering it's staff).
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 10:57   Link #58
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

The staff of the Little Busters adaption has never worked with J.C. before and a lot of them are veterans.
Old 2012-05-22, 13:41   Link #59
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
With the works like Kill Me Baby or Jewelpet Tinkle?
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 14:09   Link #60
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
The staff of the Little Busters adaption has never worked with J.C. before and a lot of them are veterans.
The writer never worked on a JC staff show but the director has.

But back to robitic;notes don't remember any staff announcements so I don't think we know yet if the same staff as steins;gate is working on it

Tags
science fiction