AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-31, 23:32   Link #1
xplicitz

Something like Kaze no Stigma

I want an anime where the main pairing is somewhat like the one in Kaze no Stigma (Kazuma and Ayano). I suppose the girl is kinda tsundere-ish, and the guy has a cool/calm personality, not a whimp etc. It doesn't have to be fantasy/supernatural/action as long as there's an average level of romance in it. If it's an anime, something new-ish, maybe like anything newer than 2002? Mangas suggestions are welcome too.

Examples :

-Kaze no Stigma
-Zero no Tsukaima (although those breasts jokes were getting out of hand)
-Inukami (the guy was somewhat of a pervert though)
-Goshuushosama Ninomiya-kun

Still, the best example would be Kaze no Stigma.
Thanks in advance.
Old 2008-08-01, 00:41   Link #2
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

People say Kaze no Stigma was a worse Shakugan no Shana, so you might want to check it out.

Maybe also try out Fate/Stay Night.
Old 2008-08-01, 00:51   Link #3
jedinat

Watashi no Ookami-san (hilarious)
Ghost Hunt
Old 2008-08-01, 00:55   Link #4
Arkuatic

Just my opinion but kaze no stigma is prob one of those anime w/ good animation but terrible stories.

Though here are some you might like
Shakugan no shana I/II-similar to zero no tsukaima(as well as the same voice actors you might notice)
Erementar Gerad-Guy isnt a whimp, its action packed w/ some romance
Toppen Lugan Gurren-You could say the girl is tsundere-ish and the guy is cool/calm
Macross Frontier-The guys atleast calm but the interactions between him and the girls are prob what you're looking for
Samurai Champloo-plenty of action and the girl is tsundere-ish(imo) and there is BOTH a cool/calm and the exact opposite guy
Chrno Crusade-fantasy/supernatural/action and romance
Fate/Stay Night-prob one of the most popular action/fantasy/supernatural/romance animes out there

and just for good measures watch Rurouni Kenshi trust X betral AND seishouhen cuz its worth it
Old 2008-08-01, 21:37   Link #5
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

This two are what ur looking for:

Kakaishi
Busou Renkin
Old 2008-08-01, 23:47   Link #6
Arkuatic

i think kekkaishi the guy is the LEAST calm/cool..
Old 2008-08-02, 00:44   Link #7
OkakuSeph
''Why so serious?''

Isnt Kaze no stigma kinda incestal? (spellcheck)
Old 2008-08-02, 01:00   Link #8
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkakuSeph View Post
yeah it is and they make it look as if it was nothing xD
Old 2008-08-02, 01:01   Link #9
OkakuSeph
''Why so serious?''

yeah see i rly can get pass that for me to watch it >.>
Old 2008-08-02, 10:52   Link #10
xplicitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkakuSeph View Post
From our point of view probably, they're like 2nd cousins I think. And if I'm not mistaken, back in the old days, they would make family members marry each other to preserve their bloodlines (clans etc).

Also thanks for the suggestions everyone, I've should have made a small list of what I've already seen in the first post. I've already watched Fate/Stay Night, Erementar Gerard, Shana and Chrno. I'll look into the others.
Old 2008-08-02, 12:17   Link #11
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplicitz View Post
From our point of view probably, they're like 2nd cousins I think. And if I'm not mistaken, back in the old days, they would make family members marry each other to preserve their bloodlines (clans etc).

Also thanks for the suggestions everyone, I've should have made a small list of what I've already seen in the first post. I've already watched Fate/Stay Night, Erementar Gerard, Shana and Chrno. I'll look into the others.
While were, at it, i might also say that if they are second cousins, i hope we realize that its never said or even implied that theyre blood related. they could very well be cousins through marriage. it is however fairly obvious, that they are not direct siblings. if we keep that in mind, its not that tough to stomach

this is a rather tough one to suggest, while there are plenty of shows with the hero + tsundere heroine, finding one similiar to kazuma is tough. while there are shows with similiar characters ( ban mido from getbackers is really similiar.. but theres no heroine..

i suppose
TTGL ( the first 10 eps atleast are very similiar to what you want) and shakugan no shana are good choices
Old 2008-08-03, 15:52   Link #12
cerrian

For a tsundere + hero pairing, there's Full Metal Panic, Eureka 7 (Talho+Holland & another couple w/o spoiling it), Black Lagoon, and Rental Magic. Some might argue that Rock (Black Lagoon) is a wimp, but it is clear that he has the balls to stand toe-to-toe with the roughest of them even though he can't wield a weapon to save his life.

I was going to add Irresponsible Captain Tylor, but Tylor is a mixed bag. He can be wimpish one moment and then be completely something else the next. He has got to be one of the hardest characters to define.

Last edited by cerrian; 2008-08-03 at 16:09.
Closed Thread