AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 91 41.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 77 35.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 14.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 5.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.91%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.45%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-26, 00:46   Link #121
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
yup. well technically episode 04 is actually episode 07.
So we kinda skiped from episode 03 (technically episode 02), so you missed out a whole 04 episodes.

Oh well, Haruhi says episode 05, will be episode 03. so yay. introduce the last member of SOS-dan. Transfer student.

ah no wonder....i was like *huh*, new student!??! Yuki in a another dimension chanting something 0_0, my head was spinning ><. Thanks for clearing things up for me ^^. I guess i have to keep watching to find out about it
Old 2006-04-26, 00:59   Link #122
Adigard

//EDIT: WAII! I don't know if I waited fifteen minutes to hit the submit/save button, or if AS just bounced my post half an hour in the future... @_@;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
Q. is it me or theres a new character introduced in the beginning of ep.4?
Dunno, we haven't seen ep4 (or ep3 for that matter T_T)... I'm sure there will be a new character introduced in the beginning of ep.4 (Itsuki if he's not introduced in the next episode), but until that ep airs in a week, there's no real way to know for sure.

Quote:
im confuse and all and i see Yuki chanting an incantation elsewhere when this new male character mentions something with Kyon. ><. someone care to explain it please?
That's because you just watched episode 7... You totally missed a whole slew of episodes... Haruhi told us at the end of the last episode this would be ep7, Kyon told us at the end of this episode we'd be returning to where the previous episode left off (meaning the next episode is #3).

Make sense? Once you watch those episodes, I expect all the missing pieces will make vastly more sense. Maybe ^^

Spoiler:

Last edited by Adigard; 2006-04-26 at 01:12.
Old 2006-04-26, 01:08   Link #123
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Okay, okay. Back to the whole "Haruhi likes/doesn't like Kyon".

Sure, this episode gave some HUGE hints that she cares about his opinion and possibly likes being with him. But, I think episode 2 gave a huge hint as well. The hair comment and her cutting it the very next day. MASSIVE clue.

This episode definitely made things more solid in that regard. Jealousy, happiness, sadness when he failed. Yup, yup. Haruhi is totally all over Kyon.
Old 2006-04-26, 01:42   Link #124
ECFNW

I give it a 9.
I can see what everyone seems to complaining about that they skipped to far ahead in the story here, with all the SOS Brigade characters in the story already with no explanation of when they joined or how Kyon knows their "secrets".
But I still thouroughly enjoyed this episode and will be interesting to see what happens when things obviously start getting serious later in the series.
Old 2006-04-26, 01:46   Link #125
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

There's also the closed space appearing due to Suzumiya-san's foul mood. Suzumiya-san willed Kyon to be clean-up, but Kyon wasn't doing such a good job. I'd say Suzumiya-san must've placed quite a huge expectation on Kyon, and consequently disappointed big time.

EDIT: Forgot this didn't need spoiler, since it's all in ep.4.
Old 2006-04-26, 01:50   Link #126
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Just saw episode 7. Brilliant the way this series is throwing all conventions out the window, including chronology.

Hilarious episode, as has been said by everyone else, and as it has been for the entire series so far. This series just continues to go from strength to strength and relish in its uniqueness like no other I've ever seen. So cannot wait for the next episode... but I've been like that with all episodes so far. The thing is just so unique, I just can't wait to see what it does next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
Haruhi doesn't seem like the type who'd get romantically interested in Kyon.
The hints so far indicate the opposite.
Old 2006-04-26, 01:52   Link #127
Knavinusa

I'm just randomly pointing something out here, but doesn't the dented bat falling seem to carry some significance? After all, one of the players from the Kamigahara Pirates stopped Kyon when he saw him holding the bat. In the end, he clearly decided not to use it, apparent from the fact that the batter missed the ball. Could it be possible that he's aware there is something strange going on with that bat (and possibly the players on Kyon's team as well), or am I just looking into this a bit too deeply?
Old 2006-04-26, 02:00   Link #128
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I don't think so. The bat carries more of a psycological factor more than anything else. (of course, the bat might be like the terrible Stormbringer or Murasame blades.) It is a demonstration of how that there's always another level of greatness above you perhaps... the fact that a battered bat can keep a streak of 11 homeruns must be absolutely devestating to any team that faces the thing.

(Of course, I can't help it but go... if only Charlie Brown had the Unlimited Bat Work...)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-04-26, 02:26   Link #129
Blaat

Great episode, I liked the addition of the Touch opening song as BGM in the final inning.

On another note I thought it was rather obvious that Haruhi is showing interest in Kyon.
Old 2006-04-26, 02:34   Link #130
Knavinusa

Quote:
I don't think so. The bat carries more of a psycological factor more than anything else. (of course, the bat might be like the terrible Stormbringer or Murasame blades.) It is a demonstration of how that there's always another level of greatness above you perhaps... the fact that a battered bat can keep a streak of 11 homeruns must be absolutely devestating to any team that faces the thing.

(Of course, I can't help it but go... if only Charlie Brown had the Unlimited Bat Work...)
I can definitely see where you're coming from, but the fact that they put in this scene seems to suggest something else.

At first:
Spoiler:

But he suddenly becomes serious here:
Spoiler:

And he specifically mentions the bat.
Spoiler:

However, since I've never read the novel, I might be way off.
Old 2006-04-26, 02:39   Link #131
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(whatever it is, Kyon made a profit on that so it's all good on his part... sort of)
*I finally added the text into the sig just as promised ^^
I really want to see the next ep ... aruuuh.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-04-26, 02:42   Link #132
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Wasn't the first screenshot (above) sort of a "good game"?

Then the 3nd and 3rd were that we negotiated with Kyon to part with the bat for a sum of money?

At least that's how I understood it. Maybe the bat falling meant that the enhancement Yuki put on it wasn't there anymore and that it somehow reflected how the team captain felt?

Last edited by celcius; 2006-04-26 at 03:03.
Old 2006-04-26, 02:44   Link #133
Clarste
Human

Concerning the bat, the impression I got is that the baseball player bought the bat from Kyon. He saw it as lucky, inquired about it.

Next scene we jump to Kyon being forced to treat everyone to lunch, which he thinks is fine because he just got some money...

Next scene, a batter misses. The bat gets left on the ground because clearly it doesn't work. They just got ripped off.

I thought it pretty obvious, but maybe other people saw it differently?
Old 2006-04-26, 02:47   Link #134
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(That is because the batter in question clearly lacks dual wield, 2 hand mastery and the needed DEX!)

That's an interesting way to look at it. There is a consequence to everything which you could kind of gather from Kyon's talk with Yuki regarding weather alteration. Maybe some unknown factors are starting to compensate...?

Old 2006-04-26, 02:48   Link #135
Knavinusa

Yeah, I suppose I didn't consider that possibility. This is what happens when you don't get enough sleep, I guess. >_>

EDIT: However, I doubt that their decision to zoom in on the bat falling was just a demonstration of the force of gravity. It is very possible that your interpretation, Bahamut, is correct, and that particular scene was to show the uselessness of the bat after Yuki removed the homing effect on it.
Old 2006-04-26, 02:52   Link #136
Clarste
Human

I'm confused now. Didn't Nagato already dispel her enchantment on the bat in the middle of the game? Kyon thought it getting a bit too suspicious, so he asked her to remove it, after which they immediately strike out three times. So there wouldn't have been anything special about the bat after the game. Plus, it's a pretty beat up, dented, and all-around crummy bat in the first place, so...
Old 2006-04-26, 03:01   Link #137
Knavinusa

That's what I mean, though. She DID remove the enchantment, which is why your interpretation is likely to be correct. I simply mentioned that the bat falling could be analogous to how useless the bat was for the team.
Old 2006-04-26, 03:04   Link #138
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Yes, but it reinforces that it would be of no use to the team, I guess.
Old 2006-04-26, 04:00   Link #139
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
Great episode, I liked the addition of the Touch opening song as BGM in the final inning.
Knew I recognized that music from somewhere.
Old 2006-04-26, 04:21   Link #140
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

This episode made no sense- and now i see why. Just great. Random episodes playing out. I gave it an 8/10. I'm really liking Kyon and the stuff he says in his narrative of what's going on.
Can't wait for the next.
Closed Thread