Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-16, 01:01   Link #1
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

I wonna be that guy!

I am looking for an anime that makes me think "I wonna be that guy!" Generally a romance anime with a sweet/energitic girl who has a thing for the main male character.

The series I have liked:
Onegai Twins
Shuffle
Lamune
Mahoromatic
Suzuka
Inukami
Rahxephon*
Fate/Stay Night*

Onegai twins is probably one of my favorite because I loved Miina's character/personality.

*= has some of what I like but not the main focus
Thanks
Old 2006-06-16, 01:05   Link #2
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Onegai Teacher, definitely ... and although sad and melancholic, Shingetsutan Tsukihime fits that bill. Until now, I still want to be Shiki. ZOMG for Arcueid!
Old 2006-06-16, 01:09   Link #3
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Well, I'm assuming you've seen Onegai Teacher (jedinat has now broken me of calling it by it's US name). You might also check out: To Heart, Girls Bravo, Canvas2, Kage Kara Mamoru, Comic Party, Mahoroba, and Ai Yori Aoshi. Kamisama Kazoku (from this season) seems like another example of this kind of show. Possibly Midori no Hibi as well, if you can get over the fact that the girl is on his hand.

I would recommend Magikano or Maburaho, but none of the girls really qualifies as sweet so much as possessive and jealous (in an amusing way).

EDIT: Drat, I thought I would beat physics' Tsukihime recommendation. I guess there was small chance of that, after all.
Old 2006-06-16, 01:15   Link #4
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Seriously, however - Arcueid Brunestud is among the best female leads I've ever seen in an anime series. She's warm, sweet, and yet shows all human characteristics (from what I saw). To have a lover as noble as hers ... I'd be in heaven, I guess. What she did for Shiki was more than any girl in any series did for their man. The sacrifice was immense (as I saw it), and that's why she's among the best for me.
Old 2006-06-16, 01:19   Link #5
jedinat

Ranma 1/2 - I wanted to kill Ranma many times. All he needed to do was lift his little finger and Akane (not to mention any of the other girls in the show) would have been his.
Inuyasha - get over the dead girl already, Kagome is freaking alive and right in front of you
Rurouni Kenshin - when I'm 28, I want an 18 yr old too
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan - just kidding
Koi Kaze - I'm just kidding here, too. Really.
I'm not lying.
No, really, I'm not.
Old 2006-06-16, 01:27   Link #6
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan - just kidding
Koi Kaze - I'm just kidding here, too. Really.
I'm not lying.
No, really, I'm not.
Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow.

I'm not even sure which of those was funnier. Dokuro-chan had me laughing out loud (despite the fact my mother in law is asleep in the next room), and Koi Kaze had me holding my sides trying to hold it in.
Old 2006-06-16, 01:28   Link #7
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

jedinat ... ... ... ... ...
Old 2006-06-16, 01:41   Link #8
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Animes that I recommend....

Girls Bravo: yup! definitely! if you ask me the guy here has a very very beautiful and innocent (and naive) girl friend. check it out!. dvds are out so buy them.

Hanaukyo Maid Team La Verite: Another one. Lots of ladies surrounding a guy, just like Girls Bravo. DVD is out so buy it!!!

DearS: guy getting a beautiful alien girl - nuff said dvd is out so buy it!

UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie: similar to DearS, except the alien girl is also a princess. dvd is out, buy it!
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-06-16, 01:50   Link #9
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Haruhi fits the energetic girl description you're looking for, but she's not really sweet all the time lol. And I'm 100% certain that you'd love to be Kyon, the main guy in the show.

EDIT: And yes, Haruhi definitely has a thing for Kyon.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-16, 02:47   Link #10
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Haruhi's energetic, but I'm pretty sure many would agree with me that she isn't sweet. A warning to the requester: Haruhi Suzumiya is a deified bitch. That's all she ever was and is, and Kyon's your sardonic, dry main character. That's in all honesty from what I observe, and I don't think you want to be a guy who is often dominated by a girl who believes in aliens and disrespects a whole lot of people just because she believes in something that most don't believe in. Do you sincerely want a girl like that?
Old 2006-06-16, 02:50   Link #11
jedinat

I'd be fine with a girl that tells me what to do. I never know what I want to do anyways...
Old 2006-06-16, 03:08   Link #12
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

^ I'd be happy if she tells me what she wants. Most of the time, I have to guess and they get pretty annoyed cause I'm not a mind reader. Haruhi though, you always know what Haruhi wants. Although I like Mikuru more than Haruhi, it'd be interesting to have Haruhi around Plus, Kyon isn't really dominated by Haruhi, but that's not apparent in the first episodes.
Old 2006-06-16, 03:16   Link #13
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Goldenboy (I would love to be that guy)...Except I'd own a car instead of a bike XD...It still makes me cry sometimes to think how much poonany he wound up NOT getting T_T... The basic story for those who don't know is a man on a bike who gets odd jobs to support himself and learn more about life...every new job he gets he is surrounded by an extremely hawt chick who he winds up pi$$ing off at first, but in the end he proves himself to be much more of a man than they ever expected...In the end every woman wants to have sex with him, but he leaves and goes on to the next journey...It's actually a story about sheer determination and learning by life's experiences stuffed into a super ecchi-comedy...As an added addition the final episode of the series gives the veiwers one of the most accurate dipictions of the studio process required to create an anime...
Old 2006-06-16, 03:17   Link #14
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It depends on taste, I guess. But I'm pretty sure Haruhi S. is nothing near 'sweet' in all senses of the word.
Old 2006-06-16, 03:28   Link #15
Keios
Q(°.°Q)

I wouldn't mind hanging around with Belldandy. So, Ah! My Goddess.
Old 2006-06-16, 04:38   Link #16
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Haruhi's energetic, but I'm pretty sure many would agree with me that she isn't sweet. A warning to the requester: Haruhi Suzumiya is a deified bitch. That's all she ever was and is, and Kyon's your sardonic, dry main character. That's in all honesty from what I observe, and I don't think you want to be a guy who is often dominated by a girl who believes in aliens and disrespects a whole lot of people just because she believes in something that most don't believe in. Do you sincerely want a girl like that?
No one said anything about Haruhi not being a bitch, she is one bitchy goddess lol

Also if Kyon is a sardonic, dry main character, I really doubt your observation skills and the credibility of your post.

And from what I know you've condemned the show after watching 2 episodes, actually from the 1st. In this case your post and judgement of the show is more unreliable. Its like something in the genes, some people are born allergic to something, like chocolates and he hates them forever, but everyone else around loves it. It seems that there are rare gene that makes the person 'allergic' to Haruhi and its most unfortunate to be such an individual. Since you've abandoned the show so soon, you've yet seen the sweet side of Haruhi.

Its a great loss if you're not suited to watching Haruhi because this show and its story is wonderful.

EDIT: Oh and one love to be Kyon because he's loved by Haruhi and most probably the only person who can stand up against Haruhi. Especially if you do not like to be dominated.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-16, 05:37   Link #17
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Don't worry, I'm getting all the episodes so that I can talk more against Haruhi. I for one can hold myself well in an argument or an extended discussion, thank you very much, and I'm better off suggesting what the poster has asked for rather than keep on posting on Haruhi Suzumiya. I love Tsukihime, but I don't go out there suggesting it all the time (only when it's more or less asked for, or for the most part), and 'sweet' is definitely NOT a trait of Haruhi Suzumiya. What's better is, although I'm a Tsukihime fanatic, I know my show has flaws and I know I'm not going out there suggesting it all the time. I did once read haphazardly and was well-schooled by rooboy, though that hasn't happened recently.

Doubt my observation skills, but I'm pretty sure I'm capable enough, and I'm pretty sure I'm not blind to Haruhi Suzumiya's flaws. Just because I don't like Haruhi Suzumiya doesn't mean I can't have smart views. It's pretty much because I'm critical of the show that I can have these smart views against it.
Old 2006-06-16, 06:56   Link #18
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I can talk against anything that's ever seen the light of day, if I feel like it. NOTHING in this world is perfect, and it is up to me to say whether the flaws outshine the virtues of something.

Which means that , with that attitude, you're bound to hate and speak against even the best possible show, so I don't suggest you pick shows just so you can find flaws. If you want to hate something, you are bound to hate it, no matter what it is. Of course, this "Don't worry, I'm getting all the episodes so that I can talk more against Haruhi" statement invalidates any further posts you might make against Haruhi because there's an apparent bias in every post you make regarding Haruhi.

The forum understands you don't like Haruhi. Haruhi forgives you

And I'm afraid to tell you, you SOMEHOW seem to find Tsukihime relevant to all suggestions threads .

I'm also afraid to inform you, as I did in another thread, that I thought that you browsed through my posts instead of doing a thorough reading, more than once.

And by the way, no one asked your opinion regarding their suggestions, let alone your opinion on Haruhi. Every other poster just stated his preference, you, on the other hand, couldn't resist to comment on C.A. post regarding Haruhi.

I mean, ok, everyone has an opinion about everything, even if they shouldn't have (yeah, I'm also involved in a business where even totally ignorant individuals regarding the business have an opinion about what my collegues and I do), but there comes a time when enough is enough.

Oh good, and this thread has gone way off topic again...
Old 2006-06-16, 07:03   Link #19
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

You have misunderstood me. I'd have better arguments on why I don't like Haruhi if I viewed of all its shows, and perhaps a better understanding of it. I can 'talk against' it better, however, I can also talk for it better if I glean that it's a good show after all.

Keep on thinking, npal - post your argument in that thread if you like ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
I mean, ok, everyone has an opinion about everything, even if they shouldn't have (yeah, I'm also involved in a business where even totally ignorant individuals regarding the business have an opinion about what my collegues and I do), but there comes a time when enough is enough.
Despite being useless in a real debate, tu quoque, npal. Tu quoque.

Going back to a good suggestion, I suggest the requester to look into Ai Yori Aoshi.
Old 2006-06-16, 08:15   Link #20
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, the "I can also talk for it better etc" wasn't apparent by that post

And no, the my last statement wasn't an argument really, just a means to say we should all just drop the Haruhi-good or bad thingie again

Oh well, on topic... Hmm... well, there's no character I want to be like. I've always gripes against the main character. You know, usually the main character is flawed beyond what I'd like and I can't really become the character. Well, I thought Fate's Shirou was ok, but I grew not liking him that much.

Well... I liked Hideki's luck in Chobits though So, I guess that counts And Hideki, although too naive, is the closest I can get to liking a character. I really liked Hideki in Chobits.

As someone suggested, do check To Heart and To Heart ~Remember my memories. Hiroyuki's one of the best harem leads I've seen