AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-04-21, 13:56   Link #541
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

I can almost imagine a little chibi-Clare with a half-sized claymore being unbearably cute, but the image keeps collapsing in on itself. Clare is just too serious in her demeanor to allow for such a light-hearted version of herself to exist. Maybe if I push it into a parody setting...

I do agree, though, that she doesn't seem the type to insult. When Raki made mistaken assumptions, she corrected him, she didn't yell at him or call him stupid. That dead seriousness of hers seems to process things as, "He made a mistake; he must be corrected.", not "He made a mistake; mocking him will make him think twice about saying it again." A breath of fresh air compared to most anime stereotypes.
Kinematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 13:59   Link #542
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Calm down, calm down. I know how you feel since I have read up to chapter 71 myself and been annoyed by these guesses from time to time. But it should be understood it is just natural and inevitable for first-time-viewers draw conclusion or speculations own their own based on limited info. This sort of guess or even much wilder ideas happens quite often in those original anime series (for example, the current-airing series StrikerS), and none feels annoyed. It just happens you know what is going to happen and they donno. But let they do their speculations, it hurts no one. Just calm down; wait and see; time will judge if they are right or wrong.
I am actually very calm.

I was just a little surprised by how many people have basically formed their opinion about the plot and the characters of this series. I didn't know that this is quite prevalent among original series. I have absolutely no problems with speculations, and ruining the fun of guessing what's going to happen next was not my intentions. In fact, forming these speculations as more is revealed is what makes this fun, and that's what the forums are for. I just thought that some people seem a little bit more convinced about their opinion than they probably should, given how little we know about the characters as of right now.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 14:47   Link #543
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
I can almost imagine a little chibi-Clare with a half-sized claymore being unbearably cute, but the image keeps collapsing in on itself. Clare is just too serious in her demeanor to allow for such a light-hearted version of herself to exist. Maybe if I push it into a parody setting...
Hahaha ^_^ ... Claymore no Clare-tan. What a brilliant idea. In fact, it's particularly endearing BECAUSE of the character she is today (You'll understand what I mean when we learn what made Clare this way). And because Claymore is so utterly devoid of anything moe and cute...

LCeh: I so understand your reaction. It's what puzzles (and usually irritates) me very often, aswell. I guess we just HAVE to come up with preconceptions. As long as you remain open to developments which run contrary to your speculations, things are peachy. But we do have alot of armchair critics who justify their personal dislike of a show with their abilities to size up everything within 1-2 episodes - which is usually full of crock.

Then again, I must admit that I find it very interesting to see what people who do NOT know the storyline think about it. And it will be particularly interesting once they gradually learn where all this will be going.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 14:48   Link #544
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
I just thought that some people seem a little bit more convinced about their opinion than they probably should, given how little we know about the characters as of right now.
It is very early in the series after all.
Old 2007-04-21, 17:32   Link #545
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
He means in Ep.4 you can know who is Youma by notice his right eye.
Right, in episode 4 you will notice a man, that lost his right eye... or hide it under a eye patch... or in worst case scenario, the youma has self regenerate skills and grown a new eye...
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 19:07   Link #546
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
You know, oh all knowing manga people, it's pretty fucking annoying to be boasting constantly about your knowledge of the plot. And I'm pretty fucking sure that manga readers, while reading the manga, also made speculations of themselves. So it'd be nice to keep your comments on anime-only members speculating, because it's seeming pretty bitchy to me right now.

I know, it sounds harsh. But the snobbish display of "I know something you don't" you're making feels pretty fucking harsh to me, too.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 20:13   Link #547
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

Ah, quick question: Who is the composer for this series?

I find myself listening to the battle theme between Clare and the knights (2nd time) over and over again. I need to buy the OST when it comes out. 0_0

And I can't wait until Paku Romi voices one of my favorite characters; I'm avidly awaiting that.
Wosho128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 20:47   Link #548
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
It's even more surprising to see her described as a grown-up loli. Still trying to wrap my head around that.
I meant that she shares the deadpan demeanor of the typical goth-loli. I can't really imagine Clare in a frilly black dress...

Edit: Actually, now I CAN imagine it! *help me! I am in need of strict mental care!*
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 21:39   Link #549
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

I don't mind people speculating. I think it is part of the fun, and I do find it interesting to see how other people process their thoughts. Hindsight is always 20/20, but remember, all of us (the manga readers) were also forming "opinions" as we flipped through the pages.

I think it is mean-spirited to dangle manga spoilers in front of the genuine speculators who are trying to watch the anime when they did not ask for any. Spoiling the fun for them is only going to disencourage them from watching further as it ruins their enjoyment.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-21, 23:32   Link #550
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I think it is mean-spirited to dangle manga spoilers in front of the genuine speculators who are trying to watch the anime when they did not ask for any. Spoiling the fun for them is only going to disencourage them from watching further as it ruins their enjoyment.
You might have meant this, but I think what it is likely to do is disencourage people from checking in on the board. I have thought that way at times. Do I really want to look at what people are talking about on a-suki? Nah, there probably are just a bunch of spoilers. As long as they are properly tagged, I don't care so much, but when people are openly discussing them...

Anyways, I think the speculation is a sign that people are engaged in what they are watching. I agree that the speculation is part of the fun. I have been in situations where I was watching a show or a movie with someone and they turn to me and ask something, and I have to say, "How the *** should I know? I'm watching this at exactly the same time that you are!" But I definitely understand that part of the experience of watching an anime (or listening to a story, etc.) is that certain expectations and questions are built up. If these questions don't form, then you probably don't care about the story.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 23:38   Link #551
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I agree with both of you on this about spoiling for anime watcher with manga material. That is why i took one pervious post that is spolish to the manga thread. There really isn't any good reason to post spoliers here when there is a manga thread for discussing advance material.
Old 2007-04-21, 23:40   Link #552
Lost

Post it in the manga thread and leave a note/linky~ here. That said, viewers' speculation has every right to remain in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crinaea View Post
Spoiler:
"less brooding and weird" was not an effect of the pills. She was acting.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 00:00   Link #553
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Oh I knew this I was finding Collectors voice a bit to familiar when I checked it up its true its Hiroaki Hirata
ie Sanji ( One Piece ) and Sha Gojyo ( Saiyuki )
Old 2007-04-22, 01:17   Link #554
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

If you ask me, we need a "No spoilers of any kind - even in spoiler tags" kinda rule here. Just like the one they used to have in the *Bleach section.

* dont check that section so often now, so I am not sure if that rule still applies today.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2007-04-22 at 01:53.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 08:22   Link #555
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
You know, oh all knowing manga people, it's pretty fucking annoying to be boasting constantly about your knowledge of the plot. And I'm pretty fucking sure that manga readers, while reading the manga, also made speculations of themselves. So it'd be nice to keep your comments on anime-only members speculating, because it's seeming pretty bitchy to me right now.
Can I please ask people to use the Report button when such posts are made. The Mods are not psychic nor do we read every post in every thread. If we receive reports then we can delete the post and warn the poster not to do it again, complaining (as in the post by WanderingKnight) doesn't really help that much since the spoiler is still there for others to read later.

Also, please remember that reporting someone doesn't mean that they will be banned instantly. It's only if they repeatedly ignore such reminders several times will they then be banned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
If you ask me, we need a "No spoilers of any kind - even in spoiler tags" kinda rule here. Just like the one they used to have in the *Bleach section.
We agree with you, we are planning on implementing such a rule ASAP for all the anime discussion threads.

Again, I ask that people use the Report button when they see any sort of spoiler in an anime discussion thread. Thanks.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 09:37   Link #556
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Can I please ask people to use the Report button when such posts are made. The Mods are not psychic nor do we read every post in every thread. If we receive reports then we can delete the post and warn the poster not to do it again, complaining (as in the post by WanderingKnight) doesn't really help that much since the spoiler is still there for others to read later.
Well, I thought of it, but what bothered me wasn't only the post above me (the one you deleted), but the general attitude of the manga-reading members for the last several pages... Even when they weren't giving out spoilers of any kind, it kind of bothered me that they squashed in our faces all the time how stupid our speculations were.

Sorry if I overreacted. I was just a little mad at the time.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 10:35   Link #557
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

More than being cold I do believe Clare has shut herself emotionally . Her isolation due to being a Claymore leads to such behavior. The undertone of the series is Raki teaching Clare to be human a strong bond has already formed between them. Clare sees Raki as her younger brother from the flashbacks in episode 1. When Raki saves Clare (not exactly) she doesn’t thank him or shows any gratitude but warns him regarding human emotions.

I speculate in the past Clare had some deep physiological scar which took time to heal fearing such repercussions Clare shuts herself from Raki or emotionally void
Old 2007-04-22, 10:56   Link #558
Lost

^ I think it's only because she knows that one day she will have to send the black card out too. Thus she doesnt want Raki to suffer too much, needlessly, from her point of view, when that happens.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 11:00   Link #559
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
^ I think it's only because she knows that one day she will have to send the black card out too. Thus she doesnt want Raki to suffer too much, needlessly, from her point of view, when that happens.
Yup I think she sees Raki as her younger brother in episode 1 when the Yoma disguised as a Claymore attacked Raki she mentioned something like that . I am praying Clare is indeed the protagonist of this series and doesn’t have to send a black card anytime soon or better never

Also yes indeed it would be outrageous to see a chibi Clare
Old 2007-04-22, 12:07   Link #560
Joojoobees

I think the perfect end would be that she sends the black card to Raki.