3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.57%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.27%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-23, 16:47   Link #281
astranagun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
I'm wondering a couple things about what Ian said..

I can understand that the twin drive system puts out more then any single suit could use, but how would 0-Riser, be able to cover for this? Is it because it drains power from 00 Gundam? If that were the case, I was wondering how back in Season 1, they were able to use 0-Riser in conjunction with suits, considering their power out-put was probably considerably less?

And I wasn't sure if Ian's voice was worry or excitement in his last statements about 00-Gundam becoming a suit that surpasses all other, current suits. I can understand if it was excitement.. but it felt like there was worry as well, and if there was worry.. why?

While not the most action-pact, it was a good informational/tying up loose ends episode
In the 1st season the didn't use the 0-Riser but the GN-arms
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 17:05   Link #282
Tsukou

Quote:
Originally Posted by astranagun View Post
In the 1st season the didn't use the 0-Riser but the GN-arms
Ah, you're right, haha, my mistake then. I definitely got 0-Riser and GN-arms from what Exia was using completely confused.. Thanks
Tsukou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 17:19   Link #283
Blaat

Female Tiera sounded a lot like an higher pitched Sumeragi if you ask me.

Anyway Aeolia Schenberg should have just dropped an asteroid on Earth if he wanted to force humans into space and turn them into innovators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I vaguely remember an old woman being voiced by a man somewhere...
Zettai Shounen, an old female cat called Oba-san was voiced by a male during the preview segments but I think there was another show where an old woman being voiced by a man.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 18:24   Link #284
Galerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Also why the hell would CB attacked the house directly? It would be stupid as it would result in strengthening of A-Laws as the attack would be looked as a massacre or killing of innocents. This is not freaking Rambo or something where they could just go and kill everything.
Although the remark was made with a certain lightness: I really think something can be said for taking out the enemy's entire leadership with one fell swoop. As the party was 'A-LAWS' in nature: one could argue no one present is completely innocent. I am not doing so now, but worse things have happened in war and forgiven after victory was achieved. Just do what you need to win the dang thing and once the dust has settled those still alive can debate whether an action was justified or not. The dead don't argue back.

This is actually connected to one of the few real points with regards to Gundam 00 that unsettle me. The show depicts a war, yet never truly shows what war is all about: killing people and destroying stuff. When it does (A-LAWS and the use of Automatons), the show tries to depict these actions as evil, eventhough they are actually perfectly reasonable in a war. There is no time-out in war because one side feels like partying.

And I think Gundam 00 has made it obvious that indeed the Gundam are rather similar to Rambo in some aspects Or at least have the military potential to, considering they had the element of suprise on their side. Sort of.

EDIT: A certain blog just clarified the nature of the party somewhat by stating that the A-Laws people were just attenting and that it was civilian hosted. This complicates the matter somewhat as it turns the party into a civilian target in stead of a military one (which it would have been if A-laws had organized it). So instead of destroying the whole estate: it might have been preferable to wait in ambush and attack targets when they are arriving or departing from the location. Still perfectly executable with CB's resources if you ask me.

Last edited by Galerian; 2008-11-23 at 18:36.
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 18:32   Link #285
nubby

The Gundam Meisters are too weak imo. I was hoping for a kick ass battle soon but it looks like they'll get their butts whooped by Ali next episode. Have they even won a battle that wasn't against grunts? The Gundams are too underpowered.
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 18:33   Link #286
NyxOne

So, what, you would rather have GSD-level hax and invincibility instead of Gundams actually being beaten by others that aren't Gundams? (Or are Gundams in Ali's case, but he's one hell of a pilot.)
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 18:36   Link #287
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
So, what, you would rather have GSD-level hax and invincibility instead of Gundams actually being beaten by others that aren't Gundams? (Or are Gundams in Ali's case, but he's one hell of a pilot.)
I'll be agreeing with you --- in Gundam 00 it shows first hand that it's all down to the pilot's rather then the MS they're piloting.
Old 2008-11-23, 18:45   Link #288
Galerian

Well MS technology has some influence, but I think it is save to state that the so called grunt-suits are very comparable to the gundams in performance. And what do you expect: the entire world has basically just spend 5 years developing technology for the sole purpose of countering gundams. It would be outrages to think a small organization like CB has the resources to stay ahead of the entire planet in terms of technology. Especially when the world received pseudo-GN engines and suits to work with five years ago. If they hadn't received this boon, things could be different, as I assume CB has spend, give or take, a hundred years to perfect their GN-tech (I guess: I don't have 00 time-line handy)

Which levels the playing field, which means a pilot's skills are more impotant than the quality of their suits, which means a more interesting anime as far as I am concerned.
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 18:48   Link #289
nubby

Quote:
I'd rather have them win some and lose some. Right now, it seems to be lose or retreat for the protagonist. And they're suppose to be special people chosen to pilot the gundams.
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 18:53   Link #290
gaoyuanyuan1

I smell tragedy from Louise after seeing this episode. Let's hope that I'm wrong.
gaoyuanyuan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 18:59   Link #291
Aquaman OS

Well they are a much smaller organization now. The ship is pretty much acting independently even from other CB units now. Unlike GSD where AA and Freedom were able to dominate armies on their own the Gundam's aren't quite that powerful.

Plus they don't really know their exact targets now anyway. They can blow up A-laws grunts till the cows come home but that won't stop the higher ups from completing their plan. If anything they recieved a massive victory this ep because Tieria got alot of info on the plan and who the real bad guy is. That's more than blowing up 5 or so A-laws pilots.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 19:05   Link #292
NyxOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
I'd rather have them win some and lose some. Right now, it seems to be lose or retreat for the protagonist. And they're suppose to be special people chosen to pilot the gundams.
Yes, quite unlike Kira, or, for a fairer example, Amuro, not all Gundam pilots are walking gods in machines.
Old 2008-11-23, 19:35   Link #293
Ypocaramel

So far everything have been low-level skirmishes where neither side has really tried to kill the other. Kati generally retreats rather than risk her forces and CB generally doesn't follow. The only time there was a concerted effort to wipe out CB was Lindt with the Trilobyte, and that failed. Not sure why Kati's so reserved - CB needs information before they can wipe out Arrows, I wonder if Kati is trying to bait out the rest of the CB organization before she anything too.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 19:38   Link #294
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Even from the dead Lockon is helping Tieria get his head together. Well I'll take his imagination if it means we get the good Lockon back for a few moments. Also works well with what comes later with Tieria making the decision of who his enemies are. The dress jokes aside it does show the growth overall for Tieria. Since honestly if it was the old him the second he was offered full access back to Veda he would have jumped ship .

At least some interesting things going on near the end. Setsuna is getting a bigger picture and at least some more understanding to Saji. Getting to see both of them even if only for a short time.

Nice how things work out I guess. The two guys that want to take Ali down will now get their shots. Tieria is definitely out to avenge Lockon in this one and the same can be said for Setsuna. Though Setsuna has plenty of reasons to throw everything he has into it.
Old 2008-11-23, 19:47   Link #295
FuzzyWuzzy

This episode ended too soon. It lacked impact.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 19:47   Link #296
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
The Gundam Meisters are too weak imo. I was hoping for a kick ass battle soon but it looks like they'll get their butts whooped by Ali next episode. Have they even won a battle that wasn't against grunts? The Gundams are too underpowered.
The Gundams aren't the problem its the pilots, they aren't skilled enough, I agree.
In terms of technology: Gundams are superior to the A-LAWS mechs in every way, unfortunately every pilot in A-LAWS are either veterans and ACE. In the end its all about strategy.
I miss the days of a one Gundam army.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 19:48   Link #297
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I'm starting to think Setsuna is an idiot... He revealed his name years ago, and he most likely has intelligence on who Louise is, and yet he was still carefree about it.

And lol at Tieria, he even pulled off a woman voice.

I'm guessing next ep, Lyle will be pining for revenge too for his brother's death from the looks of it.

Also, Aeolia's plan is pretty flawed. Kinda pointless to give an overpowered technology to people that are supposed to be destroyed in the end. What was the purpose of killing Eifman anyways? Unless he discovered something hidden in Aeolia's plan that the innovators aren't telling.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 19:50   Link #298
NyxOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post
The Gundams aren't the problem its the pilots, they aren't skilled enough, I agree.
In terms of technology: Gundams are superior to the A-LAWS mechs in every way, unfortunately every pilot in A-LAWS are either veterans and ACE. In the end its all about strategy.
I miss the days of a one Gundam army.
Go back and watch GSD, then. And Aheads and the Gadessa are on par with Gundams, as are GN-XIIIs, really, so you're off there.
Old 2008-11-23, 19:52   Link #299
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaoyuanyuan1 View Post
I smell tragedy from Louise after seeing this episode. Let's hope that I'm wrong.
You might be on to something there. Read shes going to pilot Soma's old MS, that tells something.
Old 2008-11-23, 19:57   Link #300
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Go back and watch GSD, then. And Aheads and the Gadessa are on par with Gundams, as are GN-XIIIs, really, so you're off there.
Chill out.

The Aheads are general use models as are the GN-XIII's they aren't on par with the gundams. The Gadessa however is an Innovator MS some it might be a good match but don't judge it until its seen some action.